Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

Isn't the "(Currently estimating a release)" subtext on the ArmA: General forum a little 'outdated'?

Edit: By the way, I stopped posting (and even looking) at the photography threads a long time ago when they began being so strictly moderated.

It's rather unfortunate that combat photography threads seem to be moderated more heavily than anything else. It is a shame that spam and crap posts in general aren't dealt with just as forcefully.

The lack of quality, coherent discussion with input from knowledgeable people is one of the primary reasons why I rarely post here anymore. Perhaps it's just a ploy to get rid of me? :]

Goodday Moderators,

What fee do I have to pay to get a custom title under my name and above my avatar.

Yours truly,

Anonymous

xoxoxoxoxo

Morning ! *yawn*

Can we have a little sticky in the ArAs Editing section that redirects new users to the old Operation Flashpoint Editing section for answering common questions ?

A lot of things that are being asked in ArAs editing are already covered extensively in the old Editing section. I do not suggest a merging of both as ArAs has differences in same areas but as a lot of things like operating with waypoints, vehicles , etc are still the same it would be good to tell people to search for solutions first in the old Mission Editing thread.

Quote[/b] ]What fee do I have to pay to get a custom title under my name and above my avatar.

You´ll regret that you have asked biggrin_o.gif

It's rather unfortunate that combat photography threads seem to be moderated more heavily than anything else. It is a shame that spam and crap posts in general aren't dealt with just as forcefully.

.... I would like to second that! I have noticed a lot of inconsistencies with the way this forum is moderated. Some get banned or given WLs for seemingly vague and innocent reasons, while others are allowed to Spam and BS all day long with barely as much as a stick wag!

We're just good at hiding tounge2.gif

Just wanted to say thank you for the birthday PM this morning... Yeah, I know its automated, but it still left a warm fuzzy feeling inside me tounge2.gif

Isn't the "(Currently estimating a release)" subtext on the ArmA: General forum a little 'outdated'?

No, there's no release date for the American release yet and putting the Q1 2007 release date would just be confusing for them.

It's heavily moderated because that's what's required to keep it "pure", which was the request from the general populous. We moderate to serve "the people", "the people" want a clean Combat photography thread with pictures only, no comments or discussion, so we moderate in a manner which makes that possible, personally I wouldn't care if people discussed in that thread but my will isn't always the most important one.

Can we have a little sticky in the ArAs Editing section that redirects new users to the old Operation Flashpoint Editing section for answering common questions ?

Not a bad idea at all smile_o.gif

.... I would like to second that! I have noticed a lot of inconsistencies with the way this forum is moderated. Some get banned or given WLs for seemingly vague and innocent reasons, while others are allowed to Spam and BS all day long with barely as much as a stick wag!

Just coincidence you happen to notice that the day after you get yourself a warning level? Right.

My advice would be to get over it and in 1 month politely ask for your WL to be removed and it will be removed, no long term damage done.

Just coincidence you happen to notice that the day after you get yourself a warning level? Right.

NO! I've noticed it over several months; it just seems like a wonderful opportunity to mention it!  tounge2.gif

Get over it? .... OK I'll get my wife and kids to console me! console.gif  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What fee do I have to pay to get a custom title under my name and above my avatar.

pwned..

biggrin_o.gif

(I mean -> check his new title)

OK so the 'ArmA photography - Questions&Comments' thread is where we can safely discus all pics posted in the 'ArmA Photography I - No images over 100kb' thread?

Would it not make sense then to have this thread pined too?

With the constant stream of new threads being generated it soon gets pushed to the back pages where it has to be searched for!  smile_o.gif

OK so the 'ArmA photography - Questions&Comments' thread is where we can safely discus all pics posted in the 'ArmA Photography I - No images over 100kb' thread?

Would it not make sense then to have this thread pined too?

With the constant stream of new threads being generated it soon gets pushed to the back pages where it has to be searched for! smile_o.gif

No because it's secondary to the actual photography thread and there are more important threads pinned and to be pinned in the future.

Have the Comments&Questions ever been pinned for OFP Photography? Just curious, I've been on the forums like 2 years, but I can't recall seing it pinned.

Have the Comments&Questions ever been pinned for OFP Photography? Just curious, I've been on the forums like 2 years, but I can't recall seing it pinned.

It never was. wink_o.gif

What fee do I have to pay to get a custom title under my name and above my avatar.

It should be: Which moderator should I have to sleep with to get a custom title?

mad_o.gif lol

Yeh, I spotted that, but he was busy on MSN, so I didn't care talking to him.

Maybe he's quitting? crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Placebo is leaving the building.

WTF is that supposed to mean? huh.gif ?

Depending what time of the day it was posted, it most likely meant he was going home for the day, or if he was home, he was going to bed.

Christ, you guys take everything way too seriously... crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Placebo is leaving the building.

WTF is that supposed to mean? huh.gif ?

Depending what time of the day it was posted, it most likely meant he was going home for the day, or if he was home, he was going to bed.

Christ, you guys take everything way too seriously... crazy_o.gif

Its not something you paste on sig space, maybe he is just joking with us... nvm.

Neither is

Quote[/b] ]CreateVertexBuffer (static, separate) failed 8876086a - out of memory?

wink_o.gif

If there was anything serious up, there would be an official announcement. I expect its just him and his odd sense of humour xmas_o.gif

It means what it means. No point in asking about it now.

Neither is
Quote[/b] ]CreateVertexBuffer (static, separate) failed 8876086a - out of memory?

wink_o.gif

If you never had this before and didnt know how to get rid of it but i'll admit my lazyness tounge2.gif .

Other than that its xmas so i hope its not bad news...

Maybe it's just a play on the expression "Elvis has left the building."

I really hope that Placebo isn't leaving.

Oh and yeah, what do you have to do to get a Custom Title?