Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

We'll try this and see how it goes. If there are alot more nayers than yayers we'll consider going back to the old routine.

We'll just have to wait and see smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'd rather see those "Cool - I'll download it later" posts stop than the posts from the hosts

How about putting a stop to....

"Id  help you out but i have no skills" posts while your at it.

So is multiple <100kb pics = Multiple WL's? because i've never seen it before along with comments in pic threads placebo usually just deleted the comment and put a warning in place. Seems certain mods are becoming a bit zealous with the warning levels.

So is multiple <100kb pics = Multiple WL's? because i've never seen it before along with comments in pic threads placebo usually just deleted the comment and put a warning in place. Seems certain mods are becoming a bit zealous with the warning levels.

In the ArmA CP thread you usually get 1WL per pic >100kb and 1WL per post w/o pic. That doctrine has been initiated by Placebo.

In other threads you won't get a WL for each pic >100kb and you will only get WL if you're a forum user for long enough time to know that rule... smile_o.gif

Could it be time to change the text below the ArmA General forum to something else?

Quote[/b] ](Currently estimating a release)

smile_o.gif

Could it be time to change the text below the ArmA General forum to something else?
Quote[/b] ](Currently estimating a                     release)

smile_o.gif

Done smile_o.gif

There's a debate raging in this thread:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=56941

Which contains a serious point about the use of personal data belonging to users of this board for email marketing by third parties (505 != BIS from a legal standpoint).

Either email marketing is covered by the Ts & Cs when we sign up (with appropriate opt-outs, which are a legal requirement in much of the EU and the States), or it isn't. Please could a mod step in an make a comment that addresses this issue?

Then the flamers can continue having an amusing argument about the probability of a certain marketing initiative's success (or not), once an issue that really matters has been put to bed once and for all! wink_o.gif

- Fer <TZW> smile_o.gif

What happened to that FSM Edit topic? The link i had doesnt work anymore and when i search for

FSM AND edit

i get this tounge2.gif

It was deleted due to advertising payware. The author may post it again as a freeware product only.

It was deleted due to advertising payware. The author may post it again as a freeware product only.

Surely it would be pertinent to update the forum rules to reflect this stance on payware/shareware?

Since it is not stated anywhere in the rules that pay/shareware may not be discussed, and the O2 EULA covers just that - content made with O2. Nowhere is the creation of a 3rd party file editor discussed.

Well their are other places to get it, if you still need/want it.

I'm taking precaution, so I'm not telling where, but do some searching and you'll find tounge2.gif

But what was the payware, I really didn't read the topic, I mostly looked at the picture provided ( tounge2.gif ) and left the topic?

We'll try this and see how it goes. If there are alot more nayers than yayers we'll consider going back to the old routine.

Were do the nayers gather? wink_o.gif

There are about 3 major addon hosting sites, 3 or 4 posts with a mirror dont make a topic unreadable

@wex-q, click the link in my sig and read the 2nd post wink_o.gif

I don't really understand the fuss about it. What's wrong with asking a small fee for a tool that can make your life easier? He offered a free version as well?

When does the line get crossed? I remember seeing addon readme's with the text "If you like this addon, donate money on PayPal account blablabla". Many fansites have a donate button as well.

I don't really understand the fuss about it. What's wrong with asking a small fee for a tool that can make your life easier? He offered a free version as well?

When does the line get crossed? I remember seeing addon readme's with the text "If you like this addon, donate money on PayPal account blablabla". Many fansites have a donate button as well.

Very simple. If BIS 'condones' ie allows people to use their resources for commerical purposes, BIS gets all sorts of liability issues.

Two examples : Toadlife's [highcrack] mission, which was sued for trademark, and probably also functionality reasons, as it was unlicensed exploitation, even though non-commercial. Secondly the recent legal pressure on the mod community from a movie studio for linking to copyrighted content from a site that was recieving money.

Very simple. If BIS 'condones' ie allows people to use their resources for commerical purposes, BIS gets all sorts of liability issues.

Two examples : Toadlife's [highcrack] mission, which was sued for trademark, and probably also functionality reasons, as it was unlicensed exploitation, even though non-commercial. Secondly the recent legal pressure on the mod community from a movie studio for linking to copyrighted content from a site that was recieving money.

I doubt BIS will get liability issues with a tool to edit their own files...

Again when does the line get crossed? Isn't a PayPal donate button in a way commercial as well?

Again when does the line get crossed? Isn't a PayPal donate button  in a way commercial as well?

Updated board rules will be up some time this weekend.

Were do the nayers gather? wink_o.gif

There are about 3 major addon hosting sites, 3 or 4 posts with a mirror dont make a topic unreadable

Join us happy bunch of nayers here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=56788 welcome.gif

USA Politics Thread.

European Politics Thread.

Forum Politics Thread?

whistle.gif

USA Politics Thread.

Forum Politics Thread?

whistle.gif

It's policy, not politics.

USA Politics Thread.

Forum Politics Thread?

whistle.gif

It's policy, not politics.

Meh, OK then tounge2.gif

Been bitching enough now, got homework to do! tounge2.gif

Would it be possible to post an addon request thread as a sticky? It's taking up a heck of a lot of time to read all sorts of threads in Arma addons and mods discussions that are just requests.

I mean, you see a title about artillery and get excited that someone is working on it, and then it just turns out to be a damned request.

If we can't do a sticky, maybe you guys could make it a formatting rule to put [REQ] in front of the title of a request.

I, as well as other people, would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Abs