Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

Guest Ti0n3r

Ditto. Too many user online at times I guess

Any problems?

If you see the release of Armed Assault as a problem, then yes. Otherwise, no.

wink_o.gif

No it's because the server is apparently pretty crap and can't handle 7 people posting at once, when the German version comes out we're going to be seriously screwed icon_rolleyes.gif

How about switching over to a co-located serverspot.

Basicly, you can get Gbit with unlimited trafficamount (-> fast and no crashes) for maybe 100bucks a month.

JW

smile_o.gif

If the new Armed Assault video thread is for discusing all videos relating to ArmA, could a Mod stick an s on the end of video ?  wink_o.gif

Would it be possible to enable a video embed code on the boards? Like for example instead of:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[/IMG]

For video's:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[EMBED][/EMBED]

I know it's possible on other boards but don't know if it's possible for Ikonboard though. Embed code would be really handy for video's like from Youtube and Google.

Would it be possible to enable a video embed code on the boards? Like for example instead of:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[/IMG]

For video's:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[EMBED][/EMBED]

I know it's possible on other boards but don't know if it's possible for Ikonboard though. Embed code would be really handy for video's like from Youtube and Google.

You can accomplish the same thing like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[FLASH=150,150]http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-6363535758317288828[/FLASH]

And that yields:

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=150 HEIGHT=150><PARAM NAME=MOVIE VALUE=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-6363535758317288828><PARAM NAME=PLAY VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=LOOP VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=QUALITY VALUE=HIGH><EMBED SRC=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-6363535758317288828 WIDTH=150 HEIGHT=150 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH></EMBED></OBJECT>

However, I'm unsure if this is appropriate for usage on the forums, despite it's ability to stream/download at the users discretion.

Thanks for the tip blackdog.

Yep, but not for the choosed subject! tounge2.gif

Klavan

Could a Mod please pin the following threads in ArmA GENERAL?:

ArmA Photography

ArmA Photography - Questions&Coments

Armed Assault Videos

It's getting a bit messy in there with so many new topics!  smile_o.gif

PS. I think William Porter's Blog can be unpinned now too!  wink_o.gif

Could a Mod please pin the following threads in ArmA GENERAL?:

ArmA Photography

ArmA Photography - Questions&Coments

Armed Assault Videos

It's getting a bit messy in there with so many new topics! smile_o.gif

PS. I think William Porter's Blog can be unpinned now too! wink_o.gif

ArmA Photography - No it's not the "official" ArmA photography thread yet, when the rest of the Eastern version is out I will then create official threads with official rules.

ArmA Photography - Questions&Coments - No such threads if they're active will be kept near the top, it's not necessary to pin it.

Armed Assault Videos - Same as above.

Pinned threads primarily should be ones that serve an official purpose, there is no rule thread in there yet, there is no "search before posting" thread in there yet, those are far more important than pinning threads which by means of their high activity will be kept near the top anyway smile_o.gif

Are you suffering with bandwidth problems with all this extra activity? Surfing these forums in the evenings (GMT) ATM is a nightmare with pages taking forever to load, and the infamous Icon Board Errors are getting all too frequent!  confused_o.gif

Yes it's because of the additional numbers.

Are you going to fix the problem since you are getting some new fame? tounge2.gif

Are you going to fix the problem since you are getting some new fame? tounge2.gif

yeah, he's going to ban the less useful members tounge2.gif

Well hopefully we can upgrade the server or change forum software, but if that's not possible I may have to remove read access from guest accounts which may help ease the load.

What about deleting ancient/closed threads to decrease the forum database weight? This might help I think.

Klavan

What about deleting ancient/closed threads to decrease the forum database weight? This might help I think.

Klavan

The problem appears to be related to the number of connections to the database, not the amount of data in the database.

I'd be quite tempted to reach a point where the old forums and old database get closed and locked and can be read only for archive purposes and we move to a completely fresh empty forum, but whether or not I'll actually go through with that I don't know wink_o.gif