Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.0 released!

Finally, does the FDF have any type of armed helicopter gunships?

Nope. sad_o.gif

AFAIK FAF Mi-8s don´t use doorguns either...besides, the

Mi-17 is a non-demo BIS model, so I guess you can´t add new stuff to it...

OMG!I left it to download to the night and now it`s finished...

...and it rulez!!The music is ok,the textures are great,missions are cool all in all 9/10

I`ll give you 10/10 but pleeeeeeeease make a campaign with finnish voice acting(to add to the atmosfere) and english subtitling...Something that would maybe bit the 1985 campaign....If you will make the campaign it will be like a complete new game..

Nope. sad_o.gif

What does the Mi-17 have to do with this? If you actually had eyes you would notice that the Mi-8 is missing the rocket pods - how did we manage to get rid of those when the model is encrypted? :P

We borrowed the Mi-8 model from a certain Norwegian mod, thanks Jahve! smile_o.gif

Also on the Russian Spetsnaz troops, it would be good to see some using RPG-7's as those seem to be favored by many Russian special forces units in Chechnya.

Other then that I really love the mortars and machine guns that you can pick up however it would be nice if in the readme file or in some user mission templates, if there were some examples of how to get the AI to pickup the mortar and the mortar base plate (or the machine gun and machine gun tirpod) and then put them down in another location.  I don't know if that's possible.  Is it?    If not then at least it'll be good for multiplayer games.   I also like very much the way the mortar firing system works.  It is a little it difficult to move the scope sometimes (very wobbly) but I figured out how to use it fairly accurately.  That must have taken quite a bit of work to perfect!  However I have not tried the AI on it to see how accurate they are with it.  smile_o.gif

Finally, does the FDF have any type of armed helicopter gunships?  You might make some type of gunship for the FDF as well in future releases.

A few notes on your post,

I don't remember if there is a Spetsnaz with a RPG-7 by default (I guess not because you mentioned it) :P, but Kegetys' RPG-7s are included in FDFMOD. I quickly checked the readme, FDF_rpg7vLauncher is the name of the launcher if you want to add it manually. Add 'Mag' for the magazine name smile_o.gif

About the mortars and machineguns - I'm not sure if the AI can carry them around by themselves. Probably not, but Kegetys could share some information on these matters.

The mortar cannot be fired by AI - that's another OFP engine limitation sad_o.gif

And finally, about the armored helicopter gunships: FDF has none. There was some discussion in the media a while ago about the FDF looking into the option of getting some. New transport helicopters will be arriving shorty - I don't remember the schedule but FDF has ordered 20 NH-90s. That's one of the choppers that might be added to the future versions, if enough material becomes available.

I really like the mod but im having some really stabilitie issues with the mod.

It crashes back to my desktop after playing for about 10 minutes.

it as hell can't be that im running out of memory as i got plenty of that (1 gig)

i do use an SB live. But i never had this problem with OFP.

it as hell can't be that im running out of memory as i got plenty of that (1 gig)

Well my OFP crashes if I have less than 1,5 gb free space.

And try removing some unofficial addons to free memory.

"And finally, about the armored helicopter gunships: FDF has none. There was some discussion in the media a while ago about the FDF looking into the option of getting some. New transport helicopters will be arriving shorty - I don't remember the schedule but FDF has ordered 20 NH-90s. That's one of the choppers that might be added to the future versions, if enough material becomes available. "

Material found:

http://www.b-domke.de/AviationImages/NH90.html

NH-90 Walkaround :]

The models are very very good, but the new game interface, it's GREAT, really great, amazing. Wow.

My OFP seems handle this FDF interface even better than the original OFP interface. It's very good looking.

This must have been one hell of a job to finish this. Uh... pun not intended smile_o.gif

Nope. sad_o.gif

What does the Mi-17 have to do with this? If you actually had eyes you would notice that the Mi-8 is missing the rocket pods - how did we manage to get rid of those when the model is encrypted? :P

We borrowed the Mi-8 model from a certain Norwegian mod, thanks Jahve! smile_o.gif

Well, I e-mailed your mod about the Mi-8 and asked if an openable backramp could be added, the response was that the Mi-17 can´t be opened in Oxygen...I was a bit confused since I HAVE NOTICED THAT IT DOESN´T HAVE ROCKETPODS mad_o.gifwink_o.gif

So maybe you should ask whoever handles the mail over there what the Mi-17 has to do with this... wink_o.gif

Hmm, I wonder what that's supposed to mean. rock.gifwow_o.gif

Yes i get em too, and i have more then 60gb free on every hard drives rock.gifrock.gifrock.gif

Sweet Mod! smile_o.gif

Not keen on the *Censored* Intro scenes, just cause I dont speak Finnish I dont see why I should be excluded. mad_o.gifwink_o.gif

Is there a way to change the voices to english? Its great that it has Finnish voices, really nice touch, but I might want to switch to english at times, especially when Im not leading a Squad, got killed a couple of times reading the voice text when I should have been shooting baddies? rock.gif

Great work tho guys.

Yes i get em too, and i have more then 60gb free on every hard drives  rock.gif  rock.gif  rock.gif

I think he ment RAM

Yes i get em too, and i have more then 60gb free on every hard drives  rock.gif  rock.gif  rock.gif

I think he ment RAM

2 gig ram and no programs were launched except for trillian

Oops, we found another mistake, this time with weapon and magazine names for Tak2000 (Sako TRG-42). In readme, where it mentions weapon and magazine names, line

Tak 2000 FDF_tak2000 FDF_tak2000Mag

is incorrect. It should be

Tak 2000 FDF_kiv2000 FDF_kiv2000Mag

There is also a weapon name error with the chair (thanks to Kege for pointing the correct name out to me on IRC the other day)

Readme says: FDFchairFolded, correct weapon name is FDFtuoliFolded.

Third, I think I might of liked the way the mission editor is in regular OFP, maybe look at changing it back, or changing it to be a little bit more similar, though thats just a personal preference.

I think i can confirm that this is not going to happen, the new missions editor is perfect.

Ooh.. you're right.  I just assumed they were as they seemed a bit different and also the read me said that "correct sized BMPS's" were added.    But I guess not unless the original BIS models were replaced, but if so they still look too tall.   But I guess that's one more thing that can be improved on the next version of the mod.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

BMP-1

BMP-2

Whats the problem with the BMPs in FDFMod?? They are ON SCALE!

I made the BMPs, they be should in correct scale (I placed demo soldier model next to BMP in Oxygen and viewed it in Buldozer). Try putting weapon on your back and it should look right, when you have weapon in hand the soldier becomes "shorter" (animation). But if they aren't in correct scale I will surely fix them biggrin_o.gif.

Ah ok. However from the pic it seems like they are the same size as the BIS BMP's. So why make an entirely new model if it essentially looks the same??

Chris G,

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

They are indeed correctly scaled, with the gun on your back you will see it.

However from the pic it seems like they are the same size as the BIS BMP's.

bmps.jpg

Take a guess on which is which.

Ah ok. However from the pic it seems like they are the same size as the BIS BMP's. So why make an entirely new model if it essentially looks the same??

Well, this is total modification after all so we changed default east BMP model too. They are both same size because both models are on correct scale.