Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.0 released!

Wasn't the Sissi tasked with carrying out guerilla style warfare? Ambushes, hit and run stuff like that?

Anyways great job FDF mod!

In one dialog of an addon i''m scripting when FdF mod is starting some fonts are different (+ big).

Could you list the change fonts for avoid them?

Man I have been trying all night to finish the first Single PLayer mission that comes with the FDF Mod! You know the one where you paradrop out of the Piper Cheiften...Its hard...

I can Ambush the T-72's and Bmp OK, but when I move on the Camp ( even when I spend 1/2 an hour sneaking up and getting my boys into position!) I get wasted.

Anybody finished it?

crazy_o.gif

I finally managed to download it (56k crazy_o.gif ).

Amazing work guys! A complete mod is really a milestone in OFP.

One thing that is bothering me is that there isnt enough dedicated servers for this great mod sad_o.gif anyone?

Here is short Perl script for fixing texture problem in Leopard which causes dedicated server to crash.

This fix is necessary only for dedicated servers!.

Run this script in finmod/addons directory. This script works also in Windows, assuming you have Perl installed. Filename can also be given as an argument to script.

Make backup of original .pbo file before running this script, no warranty is given and everything you do is your responsibility blah blah...

1b0250e245e8182236d0e749ef7453f5 md5sum for original file

0a93e2fbeec003b8d1c0502171e18b8e md5sum for patched file

------------script starts here-----------

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Fcntl qw( :DEFAULT :seek );

use strict;

my $pboname = "fdf_v.pbo";

if ($ARGV[0]) { $pboname = $ARGV[0]; }

sysopen(PBO, $pboname, O_RDWR) or die("cannot open $pboname: $!");

sysseek(PBO, 0x2405, SEEK_SET) or die("cannot seek $pboname: $!");

syswrite(PBO, "X", 1) or die("cannot write $pboname: $!");

sysseek(PBO, 0x2453, SEEK_SET) or die("cannot seek $pboname: $!");

syswrite(PBO, "X", 1) or die("cannot write $pboname: $!");

close(PBO) or die("cannot close $pboname: $!");

-----------script ends here--------------

I fixed the problem witht he flags. I was trying to free up space for INQ's high def weapons and I accidently deleted flags.pbo

Man I have been trying all night to finish the first Single PLayer mission that comes with the FDF Mod! You know the one where you paradrop out of the Piper Cheiften...Its hard...

I can Ambush the T-72's and Bmp OK, but when I move on the Camp ( even when I spend 1/2 an hour sneaking up and getting my boys into position!) I get wasted.

Anybody finished it?

crazy_o.gif

No, that one´s really hard.

Which brings me to another thing.

You said that FDF mod comes with 9 SP missions...that´s true but almost all of the are converted coop missions, so a lot of them are too hard / not suited for singleplayer.

They´re really not a substitute for a good campaign...

but take your time, I´m just making my own missions in the meantime smile_o.gif

I found another bug: The airport in Karjala isn´t defined properly, so all AI planes / the autopilot land in the sea tounge_o.gif

I really love the new markers, they add a lot of realism into briefings and they are very informative. You just have to remember what they all mean. wow_o.gif

Another nice touch is that all smoke trails stay in the air longer...If an AA soldier misses his target he´s pretty f***ed when the helicopter/plane turns around and sees exactly where the missile originated! tounge_o.gif

Oh and who provides the radio voice for the Savolainen guy who talks really funnily (can´t remember the name), he was in the demo MP3 on your site.

Is he on the team? It´s my favorite radio profile.

Well i got it (56k)!

Is the MTLB realy ment to spasm around like that?

In the readme it has the tripod and weapon names but i noticed the M2 was not there what is the name for that?

I love the cheftian plane and i did complete that mission where you para drop, i just aproached from the road and people run into gunfire from there.

It seems alot of other addons were borowed and made better smile_o.gif

GREAT MOD wink_o.gif

I get a p3d error with the mig 29 ...whats the trick to getting this to launch ...any fix for it?

I don't see any Mig 29 in our mod?

hmmm...interesting??...i used your exe which should only acess your folder?...i had my regular addons folder deactivated by renaminging it XAddOns???...also the Vit mig pbo isn't even in the XAddOns folder...strange rock.gif

Which brings me to another thing.

You said that FDF mod comes with 9 SP missions...that´s true but almost all of the are converted coop missions, so a lot of them are too hard / not suited for singleplayer.

They´re really not a substitute for a good campaign...

but take your time, I´m just making my own missions in the meantime smile_o.gif

We didn't want to delay releasing mod just because lack of single player missions. Of course if anyone has quality single player maps, just notify us and we could include more maps when we are going to release 1.1. We are also probably going to release more MP missions soon.

Quote[/b] ]I found another bug: The airport in Karjala isn´t defined properly, so all AI planes / the autopilot land in the sea tounge_o.gif

It is a known bug. We didn't have enough time to fix it sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I really love the new markers, they add a lot of realism into briefings and they are very informative. You just have to remember what they all mean. wow_o.gif

They are NATO standard map markers.

Quote[/b] ]Oh and who provides the radio voice for the Savolainen guy who talks really funnily (can´t remember the name), he was in the demo MP3 on your site.

Is he on the team? It´s my favorite radio profile.

He's Mazikainen of LDD Kyllikki.

I get a p3d error with the mig 29 ...whats the trick to getting this to launch ...any fix for it?

I don't see any Mig 29 in our mod?

hmmm...interesting??...i used your exe which should only acess your folder?...i had my regular addons folder deactivated by renaminging it XAddOns???...also the Vit mig pbo isn't even in the XAddOns folder...strange rock.gif

It does load all your other addons too. What our exe does is just load flashpointresistance.exe with parameter -mod=finmod, which causes game to use our configs etc. instead of default OFP stuff.

So, can someone list some servers this mod is played at? I tried the SP missions several times, but, as stated above, they're quite hard. I'd sure like to try it coop online smile_o.gif

About the release of 1.1, there are many ways to handle it.

Of course, no one, 56k or otherwise, wants to download a 200 mb file again. That´s why it´s good that you have separate PBOs, but they´re pretty big to re-download, too. So unless you manage to make a patcher program, you could do what Cat_shit_one (what a name) did with his Afghanistan map, you release zips with new files in them and let people unpbo the old pbos, replace the faulty files and compress the PBO again. This is relatively complicated for the average user, but it allows for the smallest patch/update size.

It just assumes that everyone has PBO manager. (few 100kb download) Of course, however simple this may seem, this thread will be flooded with people who have forgotten to replace this little file and can´t get the program to work etc.

It´s always that way with the masses tounge_o.gif

I don´t know a lot about these things, it´s just a suggestion smile_o.gif

Yeah, since this is a very populair mod, that'll probably go terribly wrong. There is a far to great a number of players who want to play this mod, and have no experience what soever with de-pbo-ing and re-pbo-ing.

Yeah, since this is a very populair mod, that'll probably go terribly wrong. There is a far to great a number of players who want to play this mod, and have no experience what soever with de-pbo-ing and re-pbo-ing.

I know, and even if you release it as "only for people with experience" everyone will try it and bitch about it when they can´t get it to work tounge_o.gif

Maybe it was a really bad idea after all...I hope you could make an auto-patcher.

I know, and even if you release it as "only for people with experience" everyone will try it and bitch about it when they can´t get it to work tounge_o.gif

Maybe it was a really bad idea after all...I hope you could make an auto-patcher.

It isn't a bad idea, just a shame it wouldn't work smile_o.gif

ATTH- Armed Utility: WingLets for stores and Fixed Cannon ( Currently looking at chin mounted GAU-19 20mm gatling, same that is proposed for the EH-101 Merlin)

If FDF Mod could make an NH-90 Addon I would love you forever!!

GAU-19 aka. Gecal .50 is a three-barrel 12.7mm door-mounted machine gun, used in some Blackhawks.

82.jpg92.jpg

The NH-90 might be a bit tricky, since none of them have been delivered yet, and thus getting textures and other material would be difficult.

Ok now here is a new issue but it might not be from installing the FDF Mod(I dunno at this point, i hope its not)

After installing the mod and trying it a few times, my game wont start anymore. What happens is that I get to the "Get Ready" screen and then it just continues to load and wont stop....I cant get in game anymore and have to restart the comp.

Also besides that, I'm missing most sounds from my normal OFP if I use the regular exe file and not the FDF one now.

Ahhhhh!

That sound *very* strange since FDF Mod certainly does not overwrite any of your files since it has it's own \finmod folder

at your OFP installation location. Make sure you DON'T install files to your OFP\Addons folder. I suggest you try to reinstall FDF Mod and try again.

If those things dont help I suggest you visit our forums at:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~fdfmod/forum/index.php

Well after reading your post, I realized what the prob was.

I originally installed all the addons into a temp folder so I could see what was what(I hate installers!) I then put the addons into the OFP addons folder hoping to test them out.

After finding out that nothing works with the other files wink_o.gif I reinstalled the mod with the installer but FORGOT to take out the addons that I put into my addons folder.

I didnt see that finmod folder there so I had doubles.

crazy_o.gif

Fixed now...thanks!

biggrin_o.gif

...and I realized now that I missed one vital word from my post ;)

About the release of 1.1, there are many ways to handle it.

Of course, no one, 56k or otherwise, wants to download a 200 mb file again.

Even on cable, 200mb is a significant download (I have a 3gb/month limit)...that's why I never download mods this big until they have been out for a couple of weeks and I can see if any bugfixes are going to be implemented in a new version...

There is mirror for aussies here:

FDF Mod @ Telstra

Bigpond users should be able to grab it pretty quick. Im at 30% in first few mins.