Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.0 released!

What the hell?rock.gif?rock.gif???

Ooooooooooooooh. ok. That's not cool though. FDF should have put their own EAST BMP's in the EAST side FDF armor menu. What other BIS units were replaced? That's not cool in my opinion. I just hope it didn't permanetly modify any of my normal files in my OFP directory otherwise I'm going to have to completely reinstall OFP and OFP resistance and uninstall this FDF mod.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well, this is total modification after all so we changed default east BMP model too. They are both same size because both models are on correct scale.

You could learn to read Teg  biggrin_o.gif

edit: hmm, dont you edit your posts.. None of the original files were overwritten!!

Yes but were the normal BIS files and setting changed in any way that would effect other mods? If so I'm reinstalling everything and taking out the FDF mod.

Chris G

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yes but were the normal BIS files and setting changed in any way that would effect other mods?

Duh, read the R E A D M E

Yes but were the normal BIS files and setting changed in any way that would effect other mods? If so I'm reinstalling everything and taking out the FDF mod.

No. If you start OFP with fdfmod.exe or -mod=fdfmod, it just uses our config.cpp which points to new BMP model in finmod/ directory.

No original OFP files are modified! (If installed correctly tounge_o.gif )

Start OFP with normal exe and BMPs are happily out of scale again.

I DID READ THE FREAKIN READ ME.   EXCUSE ME IF I DON"T REMEMBER EVERY DAMN THING FROM THE READ ME OR IF I MISSED THAT ONE SENTENCE!!

A simple yes or no would have sufficed Keg.

Thanks feersum.endjinn for answering my question.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I apologize for getting angry with you Kegetys, but I don't like being talked to like I'm an idiot. After going back and reading the readme more carefully, it does not elaborate about which BIS units specifically were entirely replaced and it is misleading because many of the new EAST units have their own FDF menu under the main EAST menu.

Then you go and post that picture which only could have been done by put the FDF armor units pbo file into another mod that uses the regular unmodified BIS units (or perhaps some other method) that got me extremely confused. So after doing that and not explaining what was done and then talking to me like I'm an idiot, I got upset espcially since it's still morning where I live and I just woke up a little grumpy and I haven't had my coffee yet.

Anyways my apologies. I'm gonna go make some much needed coffee...hmmmm coffee... smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hello all!

I have tried the MOD and I msut say I like it very much! Very good work on everything in there! Also It looks like i have the same problem other peoples have too. I Crash after about 10-15 minutes :S!

Thanks!

Miles Teg calm down please, and Kegetys there's no need to be so arrogant, either answer the question in a civil manner of ignore it please smile_o.gif

and Kegetys there's no need to be so arrogant, either answer the question in a civil manner of ignore it please smile_o.gif

Why cant you just give me a few of those nice fame stickers under my avatar that this new ikonboard supports sad_o.gifsad_o.gif Other people seem to get them when they behave bad biggrin_o.gif

One thing I would like to see change is the trip wires. The AI seems to see them instantly and totally avoid them no matter how pitch black or how concealed everything is. It's almost useless in the first place.

One thing I would like to see change is the trip wires. The AI seems to see them instantly and totally avoid them no matter how pitch black or how concealed everything is. It's almost useless in the first place.

Read the readme.

And if you don´t feel like reading it i´ll copy paste something from it.

Q: AI doesn't seem to step on tripwires

A: This can't be fixed as AI automatically avoids objects

I really like the mod but im having some really stabilitie issues with the mod.

It crashes back to my desktop after playing for about 10 minutes.

it as hell can't be that im running out of memory as i got plenty of that (1 gig)

i do use an SB live. But i never had this problem with OFP.

try disabling Hardware T&L.

We have our own ways to work  biggrin_o.gif

(Thanks to Jahve)

There ya have it, folks. A confession...

HE`S A WITCH!!! biggrin_o.gif

noita.gif

Ok, I came back from work and tested your mod.

One word: FANTASTIC!!!!

This is an amazing work!

Thank you so much for your efforts.

I enjoy play with it and some things are absolutly great:

Put satchel on vehicles, wiretraps, the mortars and and and.

The chair is pure fun! biggrin_o.gif

While driving with the Peugeot Boxer I always have the feeling, there is something great behind me! wink_o.gif

And again, thanks!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Bah FDF messed up my OFP. I don't have problems with FDF mod but I get the "green screen" problem with normal OFP Resistance

Bah FDF messed up my OFP. I don't have problems with FDF mod but I get the "green screen" problem with normal OFP Resistance

FDFMOD does NOT modify or overwrite any files when installed correctly as instructed in readme.

Maybe you should switch on/off HW T&L from OFP preferences?

@ June 21 2003,19:38)]

FDFMOD does NOT modify or overwrite any files when installed correctly as instructed in readme.

Maybe you should switch on/off HW T&L from OFP preferences?

Maybe it doesn't modify files but it surley does modfy something with the settings because I can reproduce this problem easily by starting FDF mod once and then start Resistance. Resistance doesn't work once I installed and started FDF Mod. And I can disable the problem with activating HW T&L but as I stated earlier in this thread this ist NOT an option for me because HW T&L makes my OFP crash to desktop as soon as I drive past a forest with a ground vehicle.

The only solution is a COMPLETE uninstall of OFP and then reinstall everything again.

I hope you didn't select all those files from bin\ and copy them to original ofp's bin\ folder.

But seems to be that enyone else doesn't have this "feature" biggrin_o.gif

No I did install it correctly.

look everybody that has a average graphic card uses HW T&L. If I do it I don't have that green screen "feature" too. BUT I can't activate it becausethen I can't play too.

This crash when loading forrests problem is known although there are very few people that have it. Since BIS is not going to update OFP Res as it seems I have no choice but to deactivate HW T&L to be able to play. Because I don't like spending money just to have fun looking at the CD. I prefer to play games that I buy.

Now I just wanted to inform you that your MOD is messing up something with OFP. Activate HW T&L is NOT a bugfix. It's just a workaround.

Maybe you can fix this BUG one day. I hope so because your MOD is great. But this way I can't use it. sad_o.gif

I fear that any mod that is using custom fonts won't work with OFP PL. i remmember i had the same problem with OPGWC demo, grrr...

I guess learning the main menu layout by heart is the only solution for us. I wonder if Czechs with their version has the same problem.