Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.0 released!

It's done. But won't be released in a looooong loong time.

<span style='color:green'>ALL, ATTACK MIKKOFIN!</span> crazy_o.gif

It's done. But won't be released in a looooong loong time.

You bastard. tounge_o.gif

Are you going to make that finnish LMG?

I think it was called Lahti-Saloranta or something like that.

On muuten aikas hieno tuo Mig 21. Paras mitä tähän asti on tehty.

Yes, wow that's stunning. Very very nice work indeed. Don't forget to release it before OFP2 wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I don't understand why people hang on to finished addons...the game gets older DAILY people.

It's not a fine wine that gets better with age.

wow_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Yes, wow that's stunning. Very very nice work indeed. Don't forget to release it before OFP2  wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Yes i hope so it would be smart if they do smile_o.gif

MiG-21 will likely be released with FDF Mod 1.1 version which is MAYBE out sometime in August. But don't count on that yet tounge_o.gif

I don't understand why people hang on to finished addons...the game gets older DAILY people.

wow_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Couldn't agree with you more.  What's with the whole policy on not releasing anything till the whole thing is done?  If your gonna do something like that, don't tease us half to death by showing us screens.

wow_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Couldn't agree with you more.  What's with the whole policy on not releasing anything till the whole thing is done?  If your gonna do something like that, don't tease us half to death by showing us screens.

And then people would be complaining and spreading rumours that XXXMOD is dead... tounge_o.gif

FDF Mod 1.0 has been out for a month now smile_o.gif

We didn't release anything until the whole thing was done, which I think was the right policy. Full version out or nothing (with exception of internal betas of course). Im personally at least sick and tired of several demo versions coming out from many mod teams.

So this is stuff you are seeing here is probably included with 1.1 version. Screens are meant to promote mod and things to come, nothing wrong with that I think.

Quote[/b] ]It's done. But won't be released in a looooong loong time

It's that kinda stuff that I was talking about. That's not promotion.

I think this mod is great but that doesnt speak to me well.

I agree that you shouldn´t release addons separately. For anyone who is frustrated since they can´t play with the addon, consider that every time you release a separate addon you just make a longer addon requirement list for each mission so instead of "Requirements: FDF Mod" you would have "Requirements: Suomi Kp 1.34, Mig 24 version 1.0, Blake´s NH90 Beta 3" (just as examples) etc. tounge_o.gif

And instead of releasing a mod update, you have to update each addon separately... crazy_o.gif

By the way, I think the next FDF mod´s version number should be higher considering that you´re adding a lot more stuff to it...1.1 sounds more like a small bug fix. But whatever, do what you like it´s no big deal smile_o.gif

If you're having problems with your dedicated server and BMP2 in missions try deleting s_o_fdf.pbo in finmod/addons folder on your dedicated server (or move it to some other folder so you've got backup if something goes wrong). Game will still complaing about missing addon "finnish_defence_forces" for clients but server will load mission and works otherwise just fine. Clients do not have to delete that .pbo.

This bug happens when there is BMP2 in mission but not any FDFMod units.

I dunno if Ishould post this here or in missing addons thread, but: I plenty of FDF missions i get "missing addon kegsuaz" i click OK and play mission normally. The thing is, i have all FDF Mod installed (of course) and in a separate Mod i have Winter Nogojev v1.1 that launches simultaneous in shortcut...supposedly kegsuaz is there?? rock.gif

I dunno if Ishould post this here or in missing addons thread, but: I plenty of FDF missions i get "missing addon kegsuaz" i click OK and play mission normally. The thing is, i have all FDF Mod installed (of course) and in a separate Mod i have Winter Nogojev v1.1 that launches simultaneous in shortcut...supposedly kegsuaz is there?? rock.gif

Might be something to do with order in which addons are loaded. I got some funny missing addon-errors when I had most of my addons organized in separate mod folders.

You could always try to switch order of folder in your -mod parameter, that worked for me (until I got bored with all these addons I never used and deleted most of them biggrin_o.gif - no more problems)

Kegsuaz is definately in Winter Nogojev v1.1.

Jus told me to post this for him so.. wink_o.gif

Quoted from ofp.info:

Quote[/b] ]

Thought you might be interested, I've been working on a script to create a working messaging device, SANLA M/90 used by the Finnish army to order artillery strikes and to send short messages. Currently it can only send artillery commands, but I'm wondering if it could be used to something else too... Here's how it works: you open up the device, type in your coordinates, direction, distance to target and dispersion by using your mouse.

Then you send, wait for some seconds and look at the pretty fireworks smile_o.gif The script is easily customized (how many times you can order a strike, shell type, shells per one barrage) and easy to apply to your mission. Currently it requires the FDF mod, because the script uses LV217 field radio for communications as the SANLA needs one in real life too.

Finartill1s.jpg Finartill2s.jpg

Download link

HAHAHA that´s a nice avatar EiZei biggrin_o.gif

But anyway...that script is COOLNESS wow_o.gif

Flashpoint.ru now posted english version of their FDFMod interview, contains info about 1.1 and future and couple of new screenshots you might not have seen before.

Read whole interview here!

Flashpoint.ru now posted english version of their FDFMod interview, contains info about 1.1 and future and couple of new screenshots you might not have seen before.

Read whole interview here!

Note in this pic that the MIGs have random markings on them. smile_o.gif

edit: LOL@drewb99's sig! tounge_o.gif