Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.0 released!

Great, downloading right now. Only at 5%, but I have some time left while I'm learning for my exams (asif that'll still happen after I finish downloading smile_o.gif ). Sure, it'll be excellent work guys!

Awesome work!

I'm off to celebrate midsummer so I have to wait until I'm sober again until I tries it. Have a nice midsummer all tounge_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

- Soundtrack feat. Finnish rock band 'Airut' and few classical tracks.

What? No HIM? sad_o.giftounge_o.gif

HIM would have been a costly affair biggrin_o.gif

Anyway Airut songs are new and unknown to many which is good. I'm sure you love the music.

Midsummers day....sun is shinning and burning too much... 42 celsius outside and warnings of low ozone all over the country... crazy_o.gif I reckon ill stay in and enjoy a great new mod biggrin_o.gif

i got adsl and its taking sooo long to dload  sad_o.gif

God I got 40 Mins to go, on a scale 1 to 10 is this worth downloading?

God I got 40 Mins to go, on  a scale 1 to 10 is this worth downloading?

On a scale 1 to 10 I´d give it 11

tounge_o.gif

I've a question about it before I download. Is it all just smashed into one big gigantic PBO? Or can you with a level of reasonability since it's so large and I'm assuming some addons will have their dependencies (units/weapons, etc) pick certain pbo files and just fiddle around with the individual units?

Some of it looks neat. However I'm not sure sure I want to have to use the whole package to just fiddle around with some neat toys.

Midsummers day....sun is shinning and burning too much... 42 celsius outside and warnings of low ozone all over the country... crazy_o.gif I reckon ill stay in and enjoy a great new mod biggrin_o.gif

i got adsl and its taking sooo long to dload  sad_o.gif

Oh stop whining tounge_o.gif Its midsummer and 10 celsius here...

I love this mod!!! Every thing is so perfect! the addons, the sounds, the music, the missions, the mission editor ... oh and the new fonts used in game!

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I've a question about it before I download. Is it all just smashed into one big gigantic PBO? Or can you with a level of reasonability since it's so large and I'm assuming some addons will have their dependencies (units/weapons, etc) pick certain pbo files and just fiddle around with the individual units?

Some of it looks neat. However I'm not sure sure I want to have to use the whole package to just fiddle around with some neat toys.

All weapons are in their own pbo, so are all air-units, vehicles, config, finnish units, russian units, markers, sounds and so on.. We made it modular on purpose.. If something big should appear, it's easier to patch it like this..

But of course, forgot to mention

Finnish Platoon Server:

goaar.finnishplatoon.org

port 2302

sockets

Password can be obtained from irc-channel #finp

on irc.quakenet.org

More will servers be posted as they appear.

AHH ITS FINALLY DONE AND ITS AWESOME, BUT I GET NO SOUND!!!! I CAN ONLY HEAR A LITTLE BIT EVEN WITH MY SPEAKERS CRANKED UP crazy_o.gif Do I have too many addons?

I deleted a huge map and now it works tounge_o.gif Its way awesome!

I just hope I have enough RAM to run this thing when using it in a seperate mod folder. It's a long download even for my DSL connection. But it sounds like a cool mod. So far I've been very pleased with the other large national mods like the BOH mod, the Swedish Defense Force mod and the North Korean mod. This FDF mod however seems to be one of the most ambitious national mods to date, and even though I'm a Yank, I imagine I'll still have a lot of fun with this mod. Was the FDF in Kosovo by the way? It might be fun to make some peacekeeping missions with them combined perhaps with the Swedish Defense Force addons and the Danish Marines... well if those addons push my RAM over the limit anyways.

Also I hope that any of the addons in here that are derived from other existing addons will give proper credit to the original addon makers.

77% so far.... can't wait to give this mod a good work out!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Got it installed, and played with it for a while, and I must say: it is great! nice layout, and incredible new units. I haven't tried the missions yet, but that'll come. Great work! This is really high quality.

Nice job guys!

Just great!

Sounds are good, music is better, the other stuff is great too.

Why a new main executable? I guess partly you need it to load the sound and voice subfolders of the modfolder (afaik only addons, dta, bin and campaigns can be loaded via -mod= parameter), but are there any other changes to the executable? And if so, what has been changed?

Is it possible to use the addons with the normal executable or are some needed dependies in the sound and voices folders or something else that will make it not work with the normal executable?

Is it possible to put the modfolder elsewhere (i have all my mods in a folder called mods, so something like fdfmod.exe -mod=mods\finmod would be cool) or it the path hardcoded into the executable as the res folder is in the resistance executable?

Great job guys with this great mod wink_o.gif

Nice mirrors too I have cable connection and downloaded the whole file in only 6 minutes love the speed tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

wow_o.gif OH MY GOD. It's just so great!!!!! The Finnish military should pay you and bis and get this as a simulator. My god.

Everything is just so well done. I have so far played trough the first mission (fly like a bird something...) What a good feeling. Activated the bombs exactely when the tanks were over them and watched my team take them really out. I got goosebumbs in the intro. Fhuw...

As I always has said: En god stund tilbake var vi alle en stor gjeng med ville vikinger. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifwow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Best addonpack so far!!!!

Why a new main executable? I guess partly you need it to load the sound and voice subfolders of the modfolder (afaik only addons, dta, bin and campaigns can be loaded via -mod= parameter), but are there any other changes to the executable? And if so, what has been changed?

The FDFmod.exe only launches FlashpointResistance.exe with the correct mod parameter and then exits.

Some paths in the mod require that you keep the mod file directory named "finmod" or you will propably at least lose all sounds and voices...

New executable is only for users who might not be familiar with how to edit their shortcuts and use -mod parameter. Practically all new executable does is to add -mod=finmod parameter to command line before executing flashpointresistance.exe.

Quote[/b] ]Is it possible to use the addons with the normal executable or are some needed dependies in the sound and voices folders or something else that will make it not work with the normal executable?

Well, I'm running FDFMod with normal shortcut, just using parameters -mod=hisky;finmod -nosplash. So nothing fancy there. However addons do not work without -mod parameter since they depend on changes in game's main config.cpp. So you can't just place them into regular addons folder.

Quote[/b] ]Is it possible to put the modfolder elsewhere (i have all my mods in a folder called mods, so something like fdfmod.exe -mod=mods\finmod would be cool)

Se Kegetys' answer above.

If i was Finnish i would be chuffed to bits with this.

Come on project UK forces, make us proud guys!

Fantastic Pack Kegetys, if anyone ever asks why i play OFP so much i will show them this pack. It's hard to get me this excited by the way.