Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.0 released!

Here's most of the improvements you'll find from this mod even if you aren't interested about the Finnish units in it:

- Satchel charges can be attached into vehicles and then detonated.

- Soldiers bleed when hit, similar to Winter Nogojev soldiers

- Smoke grenade smoke has been edited to release less, but alot bigger smoke clouds so it doesnt cause a huge fps loss anymore. Same for the fireplace fire/smoke.

- Tripwires, sort of "AP mines" which detonate when a player walks on them. You can place them directly from the editor (traps category) or by using the Engineer (Tripwires) soldier. These only work for player units, AI won't walk on the and wont detonate them due to scripting limitations. Also flaretraps are included which launch a flare when they are walked on to.

- All weapon damages and initspeeds have been edited to more realistic levels

- More realistic recoils which make rapid shooting harder but still allow very accurate shots. The soldier's hands also "shake" more when standing.

- Debug console for mission editor (first go to preview, then abort back to mission editor and the button appears) which allows typing scripting commands while in preview.

- Reworked UI with some usage improvements, such as smaller fonts in the multiplayer mission list so longer mission names are properly visible. The disconnect buttons are also moved around a bit so no more accidental disconnections when the admin does a reassign.

- Carriable heavy weapons, including the M2 Machine Gun and a new PKMS light machine gun for East. They can be carried around in two parts, one soldier carrying the weapon part and ammo, and one carrying the tripod, and then deployed where ever needed.

- Injured players can yell for medic, making it easier in a multiplayer game for the medic to find the injured player.

- Some small graphical improvements, such as LAW/AA/AT launchers releasing some smoke behind when fired, some more specular lighting effects (in civilian cars for example) and more crisp fonts.

- Grenadiers can now carry 6 grenades instead of 3 (so the grenade only takes one slot)

Show some mercy and give us a RAR version!

I have an estimated wait of 16hrs sad_o.gif

Still i have i download manager smile_o.gif

Show some mercy and give us a RAR version!

I have an estimated wait of 16hrs sad_o.gif

Still i have i download manager smile_o.gif

It's a SFX made by RAR inside the zip file.

Unfortunatly, I think I installed them wrong. However, trying to fix the error probobly just made it worse. Does anyone have the name of everyfile so I can take out every single one and then reinstall? In total, I only have 2.2 gigs left on my computer. The Zip brought me to 2, and so and so. I just want to wipe them all out for the sake of room and then reinstall.

Does anyone have the name of everyfile so I can take out every single one and then reinstall?

There's 4666 files in there, so the list would be quite long... But when you extract the selfextracing exe, it makes a directory named "finmod" (which contains those 4666 files) and and a file named "FDFmod.exe". Removing those removes the mod.

I think I'm not even going to bother. With my limited room, it's a pain in the ass to have 2 installs of the same thing and one not working. It's like buying 2 steaks when you only need one. I only got so much room and I'm not going to sit here for 2 hours just to download a file from the other side of the planet and take up more of my space.

It's a pain in the ass now and there is no point.

I think you'll be refreshingly rewarded for your efforts in the end. Just delete the \finmod folder and fdfmod.exe from your OFP directory, then extract again. Not too hard I believe...

I think I'm not even going to bother. With my limited room, it's a pain in the ass to have 2 installs of the same thing and one not working. It's like buying 2 steaks when you only need one. I only got so much room and I'm not going to sit here for 2 hours just to download a file from the other side of the planet and take up more of my space.

If you ask me, it is probably worth it to go to a store and buy a new hard drive.

;)

If you ask me, it is probably worth it to go to a store and buy a new hard drive.

;)

Yeah, sure. I'll just crap out 100$ Can at the moment. Excuse me, the bathroom calls.

Anyways, I'll try it again. I deleted the Finmod folder and exe. So I guess that fixes it? I had moved all of the finmod folders out of the finmod folder and into the main OFP folders, so I'm guessing thats where my stupidity started.

I reeeeallly hope this is worth it.

I have just played trough a few missions more and: how much time do you use to make theese missions?  G D they are really good!

btw: that mortar seems a bit difficult to aim with ( maby it's not supposed to)

biggrin_o.gif  Faen i helvete va bra !!!!

I've got 640mb of 2100 DDR ram and still get those annoying random crashes from too many addon's is there a way to put the addons in different folders but still use them without having to switch out? Oh and this Mod ROCKS biggrin_o.gif thanks in advance for any advice

is it true that I have to activate HW T&L ? Becuase then my OFP crashes when I move in land vehicles. It's some strange bug with loading forest while having HW T&L activated.

is it true that I have to activate HW T&L ?

If it does not run (if you get an yellow screen at startup for example) enablign HWTL can help for that, but it shouldn't be required otherwise...

Hmmm. I think I´ll have to reinstall OFP (had to do a reformat a while ago). Downloading the mod at ~650KB/sec biggrin_o.gif

Hmm... so many good words about the mod...

Mine would be too... but... it seems to be few... strange errors there... damnit... they unable me to play with the mod...

My ofp is 1.91 PL, working at Matrox G450...

a) graphical problem: when I open action menu, huge gray or dark-gold rectangle covers almost whole screen, while action menu seems to be empty and very small. I have tested it both with and without T&L set on... and... still nothing... cannot play anyhow...

b) language. Instead of Polish, I se Chech... poor chech (actually, in many of strings I see exactly the "chech" string instead of correct translation... And I do not see any option to change it at least to english sad_o.gif(

Anyone could help?