Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.0 released!

Making a CD version and then sell it would be quite impossible because of the many addons we got from other addon makers wink_o.gif.

Making a CD version and then sell it would be quite impossible because of the many addons we got from other addon makers wink_o.gif.

No its not...Just make your own ( i know it's sounds simpel but it's in fact not sad_o.gif ) or contact the addon makers who made them and give them an share of the credit ( like 1 Dollar or some thing ) but i am sure CM and BIS gives an GO GO GO if you want to release on CD because: OFP2 is coming in 2005 and they dont want to lose people here so they need to come up with some thing news and that's where FDF comes in.

I can imagine the cover already: Operation flashpoint: FDF and a finnish conscript pointing at your face with a RK-62. biggrin_o.gif

With the safety on. wink_o.gif

Hi!

1. I've been trying to use the mortar in the FDF mod without success. It is very difficult to aim, because when the crosshair moves up the mortar reacts very sensitively to horizontal mouse movements, and I don't really understand how to use the optics... never saw a shell hit the ground, just heard the sound sad_o.gif

2. Isn't the grenade launcher (AS-17 or something) a *bit* too strong? It is easy to kill a few dozen soldiers coming down a hill in 700m distance, and they don't even try to attack me until they are about 200m close...

3. Does FDF mod use JAM ammo?

Andreas

I was under the distinct impression that selling modifications to OFP, on CD or not, made with with BIS tools is actually illegal, you would be breaking BIS' copyright. Also as established in this thread the great majority of people, 68% at last count, would not pay for an addon regardless of quality or originality.

I was under the distinct impression that selling modifications to OFP, on CD or not, made with with BIS tools is actually illegal, you would be breaking BIS' copyright. Also as established in this thread the great majority of people, 68% at last count, would not pay for an addon regardless of quality or originality.

Heheh ... no need for people to get all hyped up on this issue. I think Saddam will be the president of the United States before you see FDFMOD as a commercial product ;)

Unless, of course, Finnish Defence Forces decide to implement it as their official training simulator which will make us all rich :P

Good point though.

Hi!

1. I've been trying to use the mortar in the FDF mod without success. It is very difficult to aim, because when the crosshair moves up the mortar reacts very sensitively to horizontal mouse movements, and I don't really understand how to use the optics... never saw a shell hit the ground, just heard the sound sad_o.gif

2. Isn't the grenade launcher (AS-17 or something) a *bit* too strong? It is easy to kill a few dozen soldiers coming down a hill in 700m distance, and they don't even try to attack me until they are about 200m close...

Andreas

To answer your questions:

1. Using the mortar takes a bit of training ... it's mostly meant for multiplayer games, with one player operating as a spotter. If I remember correctly, if you search these forums (or this thread), you will find a post by Broileri explaining this issue in detail.

2. In real life, AGS-17 is mostly used to lay down direct fire, or that's what they told me in the army. I don't remember how far it is able to fire directly, but the maximum for indirect fire is only 1700 meters.

3. No, FDFMOD does not use JAM.

Hi!

2. Isn't the grenade launcher (AS-17 or something) a *bit* too strong? It is easy to kill a few dozen soldiers coming down a hill in 700m distance, and they don't even try to attack me until  they are about 200m close...

Andreas

1. Just play around with the mortar and you´ll be just fine.

2. It´s not too powerful.

3. No

Hi!

2. Isn't the grenade launcher (AS-17 or something) a *bit* too strong? It is easy to kill a few dozen soldiers coming down a hill in 700m distance, and they don't even try to attack me until  they are about 200m close...

Andreas

I am going to attempt to answer your questions:

A1: The mortar is fairl easy to aim, once you get the hang of it experiment with it and you'll get it sooner or later. Also not seeing the shell hit the ground is partly the meaning of a mortar. Providing support. It can be used effectively in MP coops with a forward observer to guide your fire.

A2: That is exaclty the point of the AGS-17, to provide support and kill enemies in mass. Deadly in house to house.

A3: Since FDF mod is a mod it uses it's own ammo. Or rather it modifies the ammo used in-game. (I think)

EDIT: Goeth beat me to it smile_o.gif  But I'll leave this up anyhoo.

Thanks for your answers.

Ok, now I found out why I can't (couldn't) see the mortar shells: they don't land in the direction I'm aiming, but always about 90° left of me. This doesn't make any sense, so it seems to be a bug...

To aim the mortar properly, yöu must press the weapon zoom and aim trough that...try again.

i like your avatar, camoflague biggrin_o.gif

badger.gif

badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom

i like your avatar, camoflague biggrin_o.gif

badger.gif

badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom

Thank you. I admit it's not very original to use this but damn, the video is so hypnotizing. I just had to put it here :P

Looks like tech support works here ... as-33 got three answers within two minutes ;)

Thanks for your answers.

Ok, now I found out why I can't (couldn't) see the mortar shells: they don't land in the direction I'm aiming, but always about 90° left of me. This doesn't make any sense, so it seems to be a bug...

The mortar must stand on level ground - the slightest slope will cause some serious trouble while aiming...

Of course you're right, the mortar wasn't standing on even ground. Now it's pretty easy to aim through the optics (BTW, is there something like a rangefinder in OFP)?. Must be fun to use in multiplayer...

I found a problem with the TOW missile launcher. When I use the zoom sight the game gets extremely slow and it's practically impossible to aim. No such problems with KonkursM missiles.

Great mod anyway! wow_o.gif

I found a problem with the TOW missile launcher. When I use the zoom sight the game gets extremely slow and it's practically impossible to aim. No such problems with KonkursM missiles.

EDIT: We probably found the reason  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT2: And our brave team members killed that bug.

Yeah, as SmartDrv already said, someone forgot to resize scope texture during development, it was sized 1024x1024 wow_o.gif

It will be fixed in 1.1.

We have some news for you...

95 S 58-61 "Musti" 15.9.2003

Finnish soldiers shooting domestic made Heavy Recoilless Rifle 95 S 58-61, nicknamed "Musti". Even though considered by some as obsolete, Musti is still very lightweight for a crew-served weapon and it can be mounted on most vehicles. Also new hard-nosed warhead designed in 90's can penetrate T-72 equipped with explosive reactive armor. Though slowly being phased out, Musti is still used in some infantry brigades.

musti1.jpg

Click for a larger screenshot

Awesome. That's some damned fine Recoilless rifle. Seems to be on par or better than the Canadian one we're issued..

AK

Ah. A very good addition - every Finnish soldier loves Musti. Too bad you cannot simulate the feeling of pulling it through a half meters of snow ;)

If Musti is to be put under the groups menu in editor, will it be operated by reservists or jaegers?

If Musti is to be put under the groups menu in editor, will it be operated by reservists or jaegers?

IMHO it should be operated by reservists since jaegers have their anti-tank missiles.

@ Sep. 15 2003,23:17)]

IMHO it should be operated by reservists since jaegers have their anti-tank missiles.

A very good point. Probably should be added to a certain R&D forum ;)

Cant wait untill get to play around with the good old musti. tounge_o.gif