Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.0 released!

Lovely work!!

It looks excellent guys, the boat is top notch as is the grenade launcher. Will there be an armed version of the R-Vene included aswell?

Also, any other ships planned? Something to counter the Miraj patrolboat perhaps?

Apart from the way the guy's holding the HK69, which is like he's firing a pistol, it all looks pretty good smile_o.gif Perhaps you should configure the HK69 as a primary weapon, that way you hold it in the right way, with a hand under the barrel.

It looks excellent guys, the boat is top notch as is the grenade launcher. Will there be an armed version of the R-Vene included aswell?

Also, any other ships planned? Something to counter the Miraj patrolboat perhaps?

R-Vene (or Gruppbĺt pĺ svenska) can be armed with NSV (ItKK) 12.7 mm machine gun.

No other boats near release at the moment.

Apart from the way the guy's holding the HK69, which is like he's firing a pistol, it all looks pretty good.

Yes, he's aiming way too low...  wink_o.gif

Lovely work!!

Yes. It is just normal ItKK 12.7mm machine gun on tripod, as in real life too.

Quote[/b] ]

Not at the moment.

@ Nov. 28 2003,20:07)]

Apart from the way the guy's holding the HK69, which is like he's firing a pistol, it all looks pretty good.

Well what I meant was that the animation is wrong, it should be the rifle holding animation, not the pistol holding animation, as you can't fire an HK69 properly holding it the way the pistol animation makes you hold it.

@ Nov. 28 2003,20:07)]

Well what I meant was that the animation is wrong, it should be the rifle holding animation, not the pistol holding animation, as you can't fire an HK69 properly holding it the way the pistol animation makes you hold it.

True, but then we'd have to configure it as primary weapon, which it is not. In real life H&K 69A1 serves in similar role as M203 with M16.

Great work! The new weapons also look good! Just a suggestion: The default animations for the men in cargo look a little off, they´re too exposed and all sit alike. How about adding some nice custom anims? Keep up the good work. smile_o.gif

Is there an MG position in the picture? Or will that be a separate version alltogether?

And I agree with Gollum1 new cargo animations would be swell as you need to hold on to the sitting "barrels" quite hard during normal use. (I.E flooring it) It is nice to see the gruppbĺt in game, and I hope you could develop something together with SFP as this is in Swedish use aswell. You Finns surely know how to make good boats though wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is there an MG position in the picture? Or will that be a separate version alltogether?

It will be separate version.

Quote[/b] ]And I agree with Gollum1 new cargo animations would be swell as you need to hold on to the sitting "barrels" quite hard during normal use. (I.E flooring it)

That's true. We have to think about that.

Quote[/b] ]It is nice to see the gruppbĺt in game, and I hope you could develop something together with SFP as this is in Swedish use aswell. You Finns surely know how to make good boats though wink_o.gif

Hmm... maybe. SFP rocks  biggrin_o.gif

Is there an MG position in the picture? Or will that be a separate version alltogether?

It is a separate version.

I just rememberd a "discussion" between me and Kegetys on the finmod IRC channel a few months back. I think it was about the time when news of the Maxim MG came out. I asked about winter war / WW2 era soldiers and if they are some day going to be included in FDF mod. I can't remember the exact answer but it was something like "we already have winter war soldiers" Might just be me dreaming though smile_o.gif

EDIT: Spotted the picture of the molotov in action back on the combat photagrahy thread very nice! My only question is will it come with an action "drink molotov cocktail"? As my grandads squadmate once drank a molotov cocktail whilst on night watch. wink_o.gif

If I remember correctly the finnish molotov cocktails during winter war were laced with something truly disgusting stuff to prevent the troops from drinking them. tounge_o.gif

Yes, the story didn't entail if the person in question did anything particular after he drank it. But I don't think that the guy could finish almost half a litre of alcohol mixed with gasoline, but you never know. Some people do anything to get their booze wink_o.gif

If I remember correctly the finnish molotov cocktails during winter war were laced with something truly disgusting stuff to prevent the troops from drinking them. tounge_o.gif

Only in Finland you have to stop the troops drinking their explosives... biggrin_o.gif

Itpsv 90 Marksman

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~fdfmod/newspics/marks2.jpg

Finnish Itpsv 90 AA vehicle covering the advance of T-55M company from aerial threats during field excercises sometime during in the early 90s. Armed with powerful twin Swiss 35mm Oerlikon guns installed to a British turret mounted on a top of a Polish-built T-55 chassis, the Marksman system represents a remarkable hybrid of eastern and western arms technology. Radar-assisted guns have maximum range up to 4km and radar has tracking capabilities up to 10km range. It's purpose is to cover armored brigades during the war from their most deadly adversaries, the combat helicopters and ground-attack aircraft. The Marskman system is extremely modern and the gunner's task is mostly just to provide target recognition. Expect the release rather soon...

cool...all I can say..apart frum that and that

good work cant wait to blow some things up with it

*Dreams of SFP giving their STRF90 model to FDF in exchange for FDF's R-Vene model*

By the way, that marksman looks spot on! And it give me the impression of true air defence! Using Sergeis and Shilkas is now a thing of the past!

By the way, how easy is it for a human player to take out say the Finmod Hawk/F-18? And how do the AI handle it, full auto or short bursts?

And also, how does it function IRL? Does it shoot with precision or does it use flak-like projectiles?

Anyhoo, lovely job FDF mod. I hope your 1.1 release will co-incide with CSLA II more or less atleast smile_o.gif

EDIT: Important question, what are target priorities? Will it fire at heavy armor and or IFV's? Or even infantry? I hate when Shilkas decide to take their mind off the aircraft and starts booming at my squad. Sorry for the tonnage of questions by the way!

Quote[/b] ]*Dreams of SFP giving their STRF90 model to FDF in exchange for FDF's R-Vene model*

We already have SFP's CV90... but nothing more about that.

Quote[/b] ]By the way, that marksman looks spot on! And it give me the impression of true air defence! Using Sergeis and Shilkas is now a thing of the past!

Our Armoured Brigade still uses ZSU-57-2s mixed with Marksmans  sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]By the way, how easy is it for a human player to take out say the Finmod Hawk/F-18? And how do the AI handle it, full auto or short bursts?

And also, how does it function IRL? Does it shoot with precision or does it use flak-like projectiles?

Haven't tried that yet as gunner's position. AI gunned Marksmans are really dangerous. IRL it's probably flak-like precision  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Anyhoo, lovely job FDF mod. I hope your 1.1 release will co-incide with CSLA II more or less atleast smile_o.gif

Oh yeah! Stuff by CSLA team is looking really awesome!

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: Important question, what are target priorities? Will it fire at heavy armor and or IFV's? Or even infantry? I hate when Shilkas decide to take their mind off the aircraft and starts booming at my squad. Sorry for the tonnage of questions by the way!

AI Marksmans seem to engage infantry too. IRL they have 40 SABOT ammos for armored ground targets. In FDFMOD not, atleast yet.

Funny, I didn't notice these answers until now. Thank you for answering my questions smile_o.gif

By the way, will you give us anything special for a independence day gift tomorrow? Happy pre-independence day to you all Finns smile_o.gif

EDIT: Changed liberation day to the more correct independence day smile_o.gif

Dont know if its really supposed to be translated as "liberation day" but itsenäisyyspäivä is closer to "indepedence day". smile_o.gif

It is literally independence day.

Happy independence day (Dec 6.) to all Finns! Remember our veterans! smile_o.gif

Remember to light two candles in front of every window sill in the house in the evening smile_o.gif