Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.0 released!

try deleting some of your unused addons, did the trick for me, heres my parameters I use for FDF mod 1.94

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -mod=finmod -mod=hisky

yep that did the trick biggrin_o.gif

By the way, how is 1.1 progressing? Are you still working on new units, planning new units or making a campaign? I just wonder in what kind of phase you are in. I hope to see some real Finnish terrain. smile_o.gif

Actually we have already decided on deadline for 1.1 release and it seems that maybe we actually can make it too tounge_o.gif

Most of new addons are finished or very close to finishing, most bugs found in 1.0 are fixed and new features seem to work just fine in single player. There is still work to do and many scripts need more testing in MP games but so far it is looking good.

Oh, and about campaign...

It is separate project from FDFMod with different people doing it, though they they get to play around with our test builds. As far as I know campaign isn't probably going to be finished to be released simultaneously with 1.1, but I haven't been following their progress that closely in last couple of weeks.

Maybe someone from campaign team can tell more...

Great to hear Feersum.enjinn!

BTW, Anybody who has not yet read Feersum Endjinn by Iain M Banks should go get it! and Excession...

Well, if 1.1 does come out on the day its supposed to I doubt it, the missions might be nearly finished, but the voice acting and beta testing is going to take too much time.

Just downloaded and tried the FDF mod and must say it is VERY good!!! Keep the good work going!!!

Sounds very good...maybe 1.1 isn´t a fitting name, more like 1.5 or 2.0 wink_o.gif

Is it just me or did I notice it right that the soldiers and crews are getting in and out vehicles faster in FDF then in normal OFP?? And also the colors of the uniforms are better ,not so washed out as in OFP, I like that. And the speech is also very good, I don't understand finnish but they all sound cool! tounge_o.gif

Small news flash:

SISU SA-130/150 MASI

The Sisu SA-130/150 Masi is a multi-purpose truck developed for the Finnish Defence Forces. Apart from carrying supplies and infantry, this domestically produced vehicle serves as a platform for ZU-23 and NSV anti-aircraft weapon systems. The heavier 6-wheel version called Rasi which can been seen on the right is also used to tow artillery. In this picture, the supply elements of an anti-aircraft company have safely reached their destination, and are beginning to unload their cargo in order to provide ground troops with protection from enemy aircraft.

Picture (395 kB)

will you put a rocketlauncher ontop ?

if so how will you fix the on spot turning of the vehicel?

No.

There will be ZU-23 "Sergei" and NSV 12.7mm MG versions. And ofcourse unarmed transport version too.

@ Nov. 21 2003,23:45)]

No.

There will be ZU-23 "Sergei" and NSV 12.7mm MG versions. And ofcourse unarmed transport version too.

isn't this impossible in "car" aswell?(maybe im an idiot tounge_o.gif )

isn't this impossible in "car" aswell?(maybe im an idiot tounge_o.gif )

Well not totally impossible. Though Sergei mounted on Masi/Rasi doesn't function as well as invidual Sergei on ground. It's that OFP engine limitation you are probably referring to; "cars" can only be armed with "machine guns".

But even at this point Sergei mounted on Masi/Rasi is good for anti-ground/anti-air purposes... and we're still working to get it even better.

And let's not forget main purpose of those trucks: carrying infantry biggrin_o.gif

I once suggested a stationary Crotale NG SAM-vehicle (maybe with a camo net) instead of a moving one since the OFP engine won't handle wheeled vehicles with missiles, but nobody has said anything.

So how about it? The thing doesn't shoot on the move in real life anyway.

Then couldn't they just have a wheeled Crotale that deployed into a missile configuration?

I once suggested a stationary Crotale NG SAM-vehicle (maybe with a camo net) instead of a moving one since the OFP engine won't handle wheeled vehicles with missiles, but nobody has said anything.

So how about it? The thing doesn't shoot on the move in real life anyway.

Like you know Crotale has been asked at least dozen times. Answer is still same: We don't have any interior reference photos and just some lo-quality exterior ones. Any idea where to get such?

Yeah, it probably doesn't shoot on move in real life. But it would still need heavy scripting. It's not good idea to stay in same place like a sitting duck after firing missile wink_o.gif

I don't think they "shoot&scoot" either, because I've seen pictures of them in prepared positions with camo nets and all :P

I don't think they "shoot&scoot" either, because I've seen pictures of them in prepared positions with camo nets and all :P

That doesn't mean they could not leave positions quickly and easily?

Dunno. I'm not Crotale expert.

AFAIK any armour type vehicle will quite happily drive away leaving any and all of its cam behind if it feels it needs to.

Yup.  This is true for any vehicle.  In most armies they teach you to set up vehicle cammo nets so that the vehicle can enter and exit easily.   The main purpose for cammo nets is just to prevent detection before the missiles are fired by either airborne recon or by ground recon units.   But yeah, once it fires it likely hauls ass.   However with AA units firing radar guided missiles, the biggest danger is to the vehicle carrying the search and targetting radar because that is what anti-radiation (anti-radar) missiles home in on.  

Anyhoo... yeah a stationary Crotale vehicle (or perhaps a stationary launcher if they exist) would be cool.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This was my own idea, I first introduced in the BAS chatroom with no answer, then posted in the tonal thread with some notice.

• Missile launcher (Javelin, etc.) should be shown on a vehicle which is configged a 'car' class but still have "driver", "gunner" (and in some cases) "cargo" positions. Missile should not be 'shootable' when moving etc.

• In order to launch the missile, vehicle must come to a complete stop and then an action (deploy, or something else to this effect) is added into action menu.

• When this action is selected, vehicle turns into a static vehicle (after cargo is dumped) and cargo gets put back in (this all of course happening in a split second)

• Missile is now fireable... hurray.

I don't know of any cars that have missile launchers but don't have to stop to launch.

This was my own idea, I first introduced in the BAS chatroom with no answer, then posted in the tonal thread with some notice.

• Missile launcher (Javelin, etc.) should be shown on a vehicle which is configged a 'car' class but still have "driver", "gunner" (and in some cases) "cargo" positions. Missile should not be 'shootable' when moving etc.

• In order to launch the missile, vehicle must come to a complete stop and then an action (deploy, or something else to this effect) is added into action menu.

• When this action is selected, vehicle turns into a static vehicle (after cargo is dumped) and cargo gets put back in (this all of course happening in a split second)

• Missile is now fireable... hurray.

I don't know of any cars that have missile launchers but don't have to stop to launch.

This "replace the vehicle type on the fly"-approach was discussed some time ago in the finmod irc channel. Anyways, the crotale radar and missiles have to be unfolded so it is "deployed" in real life as well. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Anyhoo... yeah a stationary Crotale vehicle (or perhaps a stationary launcher if they exist) would be cool.

As far as I know all crotale launchers have been mounted on sisu APCs.

Quote[/b] ]That doesn't mean they could not leave positions quickly and easily?

Dunno. I'm not Crotale expert.

I'm not a Crotale expert either, but yes they can and they should. Getting photos from inside the XA-181 could be a little difficult though. I don't think people are allowed to do that...   rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]As far as I know all crotale launchers have been mounted on sisu APCs.

That's correct.

Idea is good, but there might be big problems in MP.

And problems with switching units etc. Old unit's name is lost and how about those commander etc places?

R-Vene

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~fdfmod/newspics/rvene2.jpg

Finnish coastal jaeger conscripts are preparing to give fire support for an assaulting jaeger squad. They are armed with the Barrett 12.7 mm heavy sniper rifle, Heckler & Koch 69A1 grenade launcher and the RK 95 assault rifle with VV2000 attached. Transportation is provided by R-vene, also know as "Grubbĺtt". Manufactured in Finland, the boat is highly maneuverable and perfectly suited for the difficult Finnish coastal conditions. The R-vene can carry 11 soldiers in full gear and it can be armed with the NSV AAMG.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~fdfmod/