Sign in to follow this  
N.o.R.S.u

Half-life 2 is out (and CS:Source)

Yep, you only need connection on install, after that you are able to play it offline.

Also I selected CS too with installation can I delete only CS after install is complete rock.gif

i deleted all except HL2 and HL2mp, sould work fine.

Thanks for all the info guys wink_o.gif

I played till the end off the river map I destroyed the chopper but I am stuck now dunno what to do tryed to jump over the woods but no luck any help would be great.

I passed it I could not find a ladder rock.gif

I collected some barels and wood and jumped on it than opened the water gate wink_o.gif

From PlanetHalfLife:

Quote[/b] ]Daniel Hough from isay-whatho.com is planning a Red vs. Blue type sictom in HLDM, well he says it better than i could, so here's the official announcement,

I'd like to announce that I'm putting together a Half-Life 2 Deathmatch Machinima Project with a few of the other PC Gamer Forumites (forum.pcgamer.co.uk – this is where most of the planning is taking place right now).

It's going to be a slightly Red vs. Blue-like sitcom, based around a group of Combine and a group of Rebels, with possibly cameos from major Half-Life 2 characters.

We’ve just finished planning characters and hope to have a trailer out within the next week or so.

So head over to isay-whatho.com to check things out.

W00t! biggrin_o.gif

you guys are lucky, i can only get to the installation part from the CD, then when i try to go onto steam to authenticate, nothing, not a thing, then when i click on the shortcuts, it brings me to the buy/register page, try to enter the CD key, and it tells me to install from the DVD, which i had just done

crazy_o.gif

Thank you steam for making such a fucked up installation process

I passed it I could not find a ladder rock.gif

I collected some barels and wood and jumped on it than opened the water gate  wink_o.gif

I assume you mean the small gate in the dam,so after that you jump through it into the next level (black mesa east)??

Your missing a big part of the level. On of the other gates can be opened (climb up the ladder and turn the wheel). Now you can explore the heli-pad and building. There's a lot of ammo and shit in that building (plus two weak enemies).

Also; when you explore the building and look at the big dam, you'll see the G-man walk away smile_o.gif

@KJAM;

Exit steam and start it up again (completely new login). This should make sure you have the latest version of steam. It's important to have the latest version. Other than that, I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Nope, didnt do a thing, apparently a lot of uk users are having similar issues, damn i wish valve had made it easier

My opinion... The game sucks, the weapon sucks, the gameplay could be alot better... the engine rules though... Annd I dont get why there isnt any MP? i want too hurl desks,

tables and other large objects in the face of my mates in LAN

There is a deathmatch thingie availible to download through STEAM, great fun! biggrin_o.gif

I found the single player game pretty good as far as your average FPS goes. Better than any other non-realistic FPS out there.

Yep, the single player part was totally awesome! The physics allow for so many lovely puzzles, situations, and generally likeable situations. I want more levels! smile_o.gif

Anyway, have anyone tried the "Antlion Troopers" map? It really rocks. Think Whisky outpost in Starship Troopers, just with the Antlions! If you hold out long enough, a pleasent, pleasent suprise will come!

Singleplayer was really good but CS multiplayer and HL2 Deathmatch wow those are my new multiplayer games wow_o.gif

Singleplayer was really good but CS multiplayer and HL2 Deathmatch wow those are my new multiplayer games wow_o.gif

Yeah, both of them are fun for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes you can tell that CS is the same old shit that it was before and that deathmatch thingie kinda sucks if there is more than 5 players, too much chaos for my taste biggrin_o.gif

I played the first CS 6 years ago and there were a army of cheaters so I deleted than than I started playing Tactical Ops:Assault On Terror it is same as CS but TO is using Unreal Tournament engine and not many cheaters so I played that for 5 years still playing wink_o.gif

But anyway I played CS new one and I must say it is much better compared to the past not much cheaters flooting "still" hope it stays so.

After 5 maps I own everyone on CS played over 30 maps today and 5 was warm-up (I was a bit sucky), and other maps I ended all of those on first place dunno maybe I haven't comed some skilled people but I played on 10 to 12 different servers and I rock wow_o.gifwink_o.gif

de_prodigy and a bunch of updates have been released. Restart steam to get them.

I have played prodigy and all I can say is wow. It looks so much better on Source. Only problem is that the 6 servers I have played it on all lose connection after 5 or so minutes. Apparently its happening to all the people on the servers too. :/

ah, to bad it just contains stuff alreaduy in the game. It would have been much nicer it would have been a unique level like the HL1 demo.

YAY!  I can finally play it before I buy it biggrin_o.gif.  I plan on getting it after X-Mas, I hope sad_o.gif.

EDIT: JESUS! 751MB!!! This is insane crazy_o.gif!

Well, I had to play it on this computer, because I've got no own internet, and so I played with 800*600. I can't say much about the graphics, but it was less then I expected, altough the gravity gun is really amazing and I had to test the physic engine, which is quiet good, makes fun to play around with some things smile_o.gif

I just tried it and played both levels. I think the graphics are tremendous and I am running it on a FX5500 crazy_o.gif. I was getting higher frame rates than in OFP tounge_o.gif. The level design was good, it was kind of like a puzzle and FPS in one. I'll probably pick this up after Christmas biggrin_o.gif.

Awesome demo! I was expecting it to be real jerky on my PC, but it ran surprisingly smoothly. My only gripe was the loading times on my machine. Guess I'll need to get that extra memory I've been meaning to buy! tounge_o.gif

*Digs into pocket and brings out 13p, a half-eaten peppermint and 6 fluffballs*

Ah, hell... sad_o.gif

[!Gareth Gates must die!]