Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Operation flashpoint 2

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ April 06 2003,12wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No game has ever done WW2 as well as Opf could do WW2, yes MOHAA was a fun game but I don't recall my Grandad telling me stories about the time he was patrolling down a road and had to stop because there was an invisible wall, get my point? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

mad.gif

MOHAA is a good game!

(OFP is better) tounge.gif

Invasion 44 is even better.. but thats a whole different topic wink.gif

I would prefer a new fictional conflict involving NATO forces and China or Russia, or maybe even a new conflict in Korea. Imagine trying to repel a massive North Korean invasion of South Korea. Or perhaps have China invade Russia and NATO joins with Russia to repel them, however China could have modern weaponry and such to rival the US which they made with secret help from US weapons manufacturers who betrayed national interests in order to make money!

I'm just kinda tired of the WWII and Vietnam stuff, and I really think that mod makers can do justice to those anyway. Fictional modern conflicts would be more interesting, IMHO.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STGN @ April 04 2003,11:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">as long I dont get to play the Iraq's it would be okay whit thermal sighthing. If we had that in OFP it would be dificult to hide from tanks.

STGN<span id='postcolor'>

Difficult, but not impossible. Also, you can have maybe a small US contingent with thermal sighting and all the latest high tech stuff, vs. 1 million North Koreans, etc. It doesn't necessarily have to be a "fair" conflict.

You might also want to take note that right now in Iraq, the Iraqis have had a good success rate of taking on M1A2s with their BMP-1s' AT-3 missiles. Those are missiles from the 1960s. Those reports of modern Kornet-Es being responsible have turned out to be nothing more than these BMP-1 missiles and barrages of RPG-7s. Maybe the Iraqis learned this tactic from playing multiplayer OFP? smile.gif

Just a guess but i think it will be a vietnam campaign probably the thoughest year of nam,1968. Im hopin its a Gulf war campaign or a made up war. I dont think WWI or II dosent go with the ofp graphics. Korean War? Nah too short . confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ April 07 2003,00:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STGN @ April 04 2003,11:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">as long I dont get to play the Iraq's it would be okay whit thermal sighthing. If we had that in OFP it would be dificult to hide from tanks.

STGN<span id='postcolor'>

Difficult, but not impossible. Also, you can have maybe a small US contingent with thermal sighting and all the latest high tech stuff, vs. 1 million North Koreans, etc. It doesn't necessarily have to be a "fair" conflict.

You might also want to take note that right now in Iraq, the Iraqis have had a good success rate of taking on M1A2s with their BMP-1s' AT-3 missiles. Those are missiles from the 1960s. Those reports of modern Kornet-Es being responsible have turned out to be nothing more than these BMP-1 missiles and barrages of RPG-7s. Maybe the Iraqis learned this tactic from playing multiplayer OFP?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Now most of the Abrams are M1A1 or M1A1HA and I have only seen about 10 or less destroyed, the Iraq televison is very happy to send pic's of them and if you look at them they are mostly hit in the traks which make them sitting ducks and the crew has to escape.

STGN

I hope it is not gonna be about Vietnam. Im already playing VIETCONG right now, and played OFP seb nam pack 2.0. It's gonna get boring sad.gif

Well, if you make OFP:2 about Vietnam, at least let us play as VC (vietnam communists). Im seek and tired of playing for americans in every f..g game that always have weapons and technology advantage over its enemy.

They've probably only started on the engine, not the story etc. I hope they put most of their power into developing the engine and the mission editing and scripting aspect; the community can make good unofficial addons, so the units and the story isn't that important. Just make it possible for high-quality user-created units and stories! smile.gif

No, I've played this game for a long time and the only user made thing I've ever played was Aculauds terror tactics. And I've only played online like 6 times.

Story is VERY important.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 08 2003,00:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, I've played this game for a long time and the only user made thing I've ever played was Aculauds terror tactics.  And I've only played online like 6 times.

Story is VERY important.<span id='postcolor'>

You are missing out on sooo much.

I really dont care if they give us a great campaign or if they even make one, ill be happy aslong as they improve the scripting and the engine.

They are putting more emphasis on Multiplayer for the next title, but it will have an excellent singleplayer campaign.

I would like to see "featured clans of OFP" for the next OFP, like Raven Shield has featured some clans on its main page. BIS run tournaments would be really cool too, and maybe even OFP becoming a professional MP game along the likes of UT or CS, with prizes for team play on LAN arenas smile.gif

Have you noticed that someone has turned that tv off and one of those switches is now turnable?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vosku @ April 08 2003,22:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Have you noticed that someone has turned that tv off and one of those switches is now turnable?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, there messing with our heads now. Maybe its like a padlock?

hmm, it changes the frequency or something, i found that test-channel but it has negative shades. wink.gif

very interesting... Blank screen... and turnable dial... Something is coming....

hmm on the screen where it shows the humming noise and picture it has the number 500 or 600. I cant really make it out. I wonder what that number means.

There are actually 2 positions of the dial showing something...one shows the old test pattern, the other (50 is the position I think) shows a static screen with occasional white flashes, like explosions in the dark. BIS sure does like puzzles...

Avonlady said in this closed thread that the new Codemasters Command Center Newsletter read

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(P.S. Be sure to look out for any potential Flashpoint news next week. ;-) Check out the Code M Newsletter for more info).<span id='postcolor'>

Will BIS update their flashpoint2.com site with information? Or what else is coming up next week? I can't wait for next Code M Newsletter.

Heh heh looks like BIS/Codemasters have learned a bit about marketing, look how they´ve got you all riled up with their sneaky antics tounge.gif

Try about 66. Is it just my comp or is it recieving something...(perhaps some other channel). Dunno, just guessing... tounge.gif

For those who dont know the channels, here they are:

~31 is the test image

~50 is the flashes

I know salisan posted the links put I just wanted to give what channels they were... wink.gif

And just for those who are interested, here is the url for the side bar: http://www.flashpoint2.com/tvhtml/black/rightmenu.html#

tounge.gif

Waterman

This is very interesting, I like how BIS is marketing this new product.