Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Ballistic addon studios

Blackdog,

I like this idea in principal...and we have often discussed this internally as to how we can distribute stuff like this.

The short of it is....we are just too busy. Addind extra people aint the answer as we are struggling to manage the team and projects we have now.

The only way I could see this happening would be if we could farm this "wreck" work out another trusted mod team. This way we could hand over the non-binarised models and they could create separate "wreck" models of our units using separate pbos.

Some kind of joint BAS and XXX addon studio for producing wrecks.

I can't think of any good team out there willing to take this on though.

Guest DKM-jaguar

LOL only the addon studios to be considered! it's like prejudice in ofp! (joke)

anyway, DKM isnt really a mod, but an addon team, and it really isnt a studio beucase i dont know how that works with addons..

Placebo: i think he intended it as a joke, and i dont get upset by things people on forums say, as it does not affect me, so just relax! biggrin_o.gif

I don´t know if this was asked bevore but i definatly think so:

-Is there a way to get rid of the camel (bodyArmor?) backback?

Because i want to make a nice Mog misson and back in 1993 they didn´t have that. (as you can see in BlackHawkDown)

Is that posible with a init? or does it have to be deleted in Oxy?

Could you tell me if its possible with Init and how?

I will do the rest for my self.

And keep up the great work BAS Team!

PS: Don´t bother making wrecks, who really cares about

them? The BIS wrecks are just fine.

-Sxep

Hey, I like the wrecks, too. Try using the crashed Chinook model and setPos'ing a "glow and smoke" object inside some part of the chopper with "this inFlame TRUE" in the init line. It looks excellent.

It is really a matter of opinion on if the BIS crumple effect looks decent enough for a mission, but I am sure many people do prefer the custom crash model mainly for appearances.

smile_o.gif

Sxep were you there in Somalia 1993, how do you know they didnt have camelback water carrying systems. Also please dont mention Blackhawk Down missions in the Ballistic Studios thread or Eviscerator will decapit ate you tounge_o.gif

I don´t know if this was asked bevore but i definatly think so:

-Is there a way to get rid of the camel (bodyArmor?) backback?

Because i want to make a nice Mog misson and back in 1993 they didn´t have that. (as you can see in BlackHawkDown)

Is that posible with a init? or does it have to be deleted in Oxy?

Could you tell me if its possible with Init and how?

I will do the rest for my self.

And keep up the great work BAS Team!

-Sxep

1. No, we are trying to make modern units.

2. There is already a BHD mod, and another already released set of rangers that fit what you are looking for. Or the Lost Brothers troops, or the SJB troops.

3. No, it's part of the model. the new ones that are on there are very very nice, and the vest textures have been edited to add shadows from the camelbacks, so removing them would mean making a new texture for the bodyarmor. It's all one integrated look. Can't remove one part without throwing the rest off.

Sorry, but there are other addons that you can use to suit what your doing.

I think when the new versions come out you won't be too worried about the camelback. You can still make the missions you want, they just won't be early 90's era.

hmm would it be possible to enable the pilot/gunner positions in your MH-47 wreck? I'd love to place a dead pilot in it ;)

3. No, it's part of the model. the new ones that are on there are very very nice, and the vest textures have been edited to add shadows from the camelbacks, so removing them would mean making a new texture for the bodyarmor. It's all one integrated look. Can't remove one part without throwing the rest off.

Yeah, the new camel baks are very impressive, easily professional quality textures and then some, not to mention realistic looking (more than ghost recon imo), delta / ranger fans will be sure to love them.

Blackdog,

I like this idea in principal...and we have often discussed this internally as to how we can distribute stuff like this.

The short of it is....we are just too busy. Addind extra people aint the answer as we are struggling to manage the team and projects we have now.

The only way I could see this happening would be if we could farm this "wreck" work out another trusted mod team. This way we could hand over the non-binarised models and they could create separate "wreck" models of our units using separate pbos.

Some kind of joint BAS and XXX addon studio for producing wrecks.

I can't think of any good team out there willing to take this on though.

sad_o.gif

Sxep were you there in Somalia 1993, how do you know they didnt have camelback water carrying systems. Also please dont mention Blackhawk Down missions in the Ballistic Studios thread or Eviscerator will decapit ate you tounge_o.gif

LOL you? well i saw BHD in the cinemas, you? biggrin_o.gif

I think its a very outentical movie.

And i think the Camel pack is a new invention.

I know that there are more Ranger addons out ´there but yours look the best (textures and models).

I understand why you cant remove them and I´m really looking forward for the next release.

hmm would it be possible to enable the pilot/gunner positions in your MH-47 wreck? I'd love to place a dead pilot in it ;)

Or better that you can still use the Vulcan! that would rock!

the M134 is powered by electricity therefore it would be unoperable. What might be cool is to have the windows blown out so you can shoot out the side and through the cockpit  rock.gif But i dont think BAS wants to take out the camelback because of the request of one person. A while ago in the BAS irc channel the topic was "We do not make units from the Blackhawk Down era, so dont ask for it!" or something along those lines. I dont really mean to criticize you or anything but some of these topics have been adressed already.

AH ok i see, didn´t think of they need electricity. crazy_o.gif

Well it was just a question, its not screwing up my life that they don´t make a  90' era Ranger you know rock.gif

And the anti BHD thoughts of BAS..Didn´t know that sorry.

Althrough they made LB and are making the MH60L(if im right) what was used during the confict rock.gif

So i thought it would be posible.

PS: but it would be cool if there would be some WORKING

ammo to pick up in the chopper. and i hope you guys will

implant a realistical chopper crash where not everyone is

killed when it crashes and don´t forget the Heckrotor

damage script

biggrin_o.gif

And the anti BHD thoughts of BAS..Didn´t know that sorry.

Althrough they made LB and are making the MH60L(if im right) what was used during the confict rock.gif

They were also used in Panama, the Gulf War, Afghanistan and the second gulf war, so whats your point?

Well it was just a question, its not screwing up my life that they don´t make a  90' era Ranger you know rock.gif

Just to point out to people. Someone already released a 1993 version ranger unit.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=3919

I know, but really hate the Textures.. very lowres.

.....forget it i don´t want any ranger anymore crazy_o.gif lol

Quote[/b] ]and i hope you guys will

damage script

I suggested such a script to RHS and DKM. DKM said they allready have such a script running. I believe it will come with the Mi-28 HAVOC. They might release it as an addon on it's own (so you can make it work on any bird).

to BAS;

You might want to check their script out.

Here's a new island pic:

Isle Pic

Things are going well on it, Eviscerator and Ebud have been working on the project over a few weeks, making alot of difference to the overall feel of the place, and with visitor out things are only getting better ;)

Quote[/b] ]and i hope you guys will

damage script

I suggested such a script to RHS and DKM. DKM said they allready have such a script running. I believe it will come with the Mi-28 HAVOC. They might release it as an addon on it's own (so you can make it work on any bird).

to BAS;

You might want to check their script out.

Yes this script we had long ago already.

Great work Nagual, really can't wait for this thing biggrin_o.gif

now thats a chillie place o hang out ;)

really nice!

btw is that ground fog rock.gif or is that just an effect that already is in Opf ?

-Soul_Assassin what are you waiting for  crazy_o.gif  pak it in a pbo and let it work for every chopper  biggrin_o.gif

Oh not to forget to give us a DL link  tounge_o.gif

now everytime i play ofp, ill always be thinking of these damn rangers!!! talking about how good these camelbacks look.. and lol i mite sound stupid when i say this but does gear on ofp soldiers sway.. like the bags on the original soldiers.. if not is it possible to do it? no real point in doing it though i guess.. just something i was wondering while looking at the BETA pics of the rangers.. (the ones on ofp.at)

and i never got my question answered about the night vision goggles on the rangers.. i have a video clip from Operation Enduring Freedom.. (yehp, a video clip with 75th rangers in it) while they were searching and going through weps cache's and they all had on night vision goggles (It was in day time) and they all looked fat in their gear with their nice Night Vision Goggles mounted on top of their helmets.. just wondering why will you only be doing this for the SOARs?