Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

2 Million ground troops make for an interesting adversary crazy_o.gif

Hey they changed my title again.. wow_o.gif

According to fas.org, Russia has about million soldiers in active service and 20 million in reserves. Total force, ready: 21 million. crazy_o.gif

China has over 2 million in active service and about half million in reserves. Total force, ready: 3 million. ghostface.gif

So, in active and reserve manpower, Russia would win. But China has more to recruit.

Their weaponry isn't that different (I think), so it would balance things a bit.

I guess Placie likes you biggrin_o.gif

errrmmm.... thats wrong China has 50 million soldiers in active duty and 100 million in reserves you can see that on theyr military web site.

Oh and i forgot this Russia has a weapon called "Nuclear Missile" so man power isnt needed anymore.

And isnt this Topic about RHS work or.....?rock.gif

I guess Placie likes you biggrin_o.gif

I suspect it has more to do with Hellfish smile_o.gif

When quoting figures for militaries, the difference between the numbers of Frontline combat troops is more important than the total number of personel. wink_o.gif

I deny everything and anything.  blues.gif

Does that include the price listed in your sig tounge_o.gif .

And how come chinas got so less troops then russia ? Thats insane , they got the worlds biggest populace and they have LESS troops then russia , who quoted that stuff , they need to have a eye checkup ,arghh its fas.org addons maker forget it get your blueprints and info somewhere else now. this big a mistake is shameful crazy_o.gif .

Maybe he/she forgot few zeros from the reserve-part?

But anyways, PRC's active duty strenght is "only" about 2.5 million, making it the biggest army in the world.

And the calculations don't include paramilitary forces.

And it depends, how you define "reserves". Of course, if China goes to war and needs more men, that shouldn't be a problem.

But in Russia, according to what I've heard/seen, it's mandatory to go to army. And the service time lasts about 2.5 years.

In China, it's not mandatory. But they still got the world's biggest army. Remember, China is developing country. Many young people, atleast in cities, desire high education nowadays. If you have high education, work abroad vs PRC army career, which would you choose?

Doesn't sound that strange to me, atleast.

Maybe he/she forgot few zeros from the reserve-part?

But anyways, PRC's active duty strenght is "only" about 2.5 million, making it the biggest army in the world.

And the calculations don't include paramilitary forces.

And it depends, how you define "reserves". Of course, if China goes to war and needs more men, that shouldn't be a problem.

But in Russia, according to what I've heard/seen, it's mandatory to go to army. And the service time lasts about 2.5 years.

In China, it's not mandatory. But they still got the world's biggest army. Remember, China is developing country. Many young people, atleast in cities, desire high education nowadays. If you have high education, work abroad vs PRC army career, which would you choose?

Doesn't sound that strange to me, atleast.

yes military service is mandatory in russia, except for those people with severe sicknesses, those who live abroad and those who have unconventional sexual preferences. Now they are partly introducing something called alternative service. You can choose:2.5 years in army or 3.5 years in social service like helping out in hospitals, sweeping streets etc.

Yep, we have the "alternative service" here, too... "Civil service" (1 year), the other 3 are "normal" service (about half a year; half of civil serv.), "weaponless normal" service (same than "normal") and going to jail. Some, due sickness/other physical/mental reason, being a Jehova's witness or having good enough reason (extreme pacifists) to deny army service, are released from duty.

According to what I've heard... apparently 10% of young army-going Russians have "severe sickness" then... rock.gif

And about China vs Russia reserves... Due the mandatory service in Russia, the reserves are much bigger. Reserve=non-active soldiers. So, when the active Army service ends, they become reserves. In China, it's a job, so there ain't much reserves, 'cos they stay in the Army and then retire. I think.

Thanks for the pic.

About Kenji, i think he finally found his place in Japan, doing stuff he loves for work... wish i could say the same about my work.

And hey even a japanese girlfriend... i could kill for one tounge_o.gif

huh..Girlfriend, I thought one of those would be great as well, Until she became my Wife tounge_o.gif

huh..Girlfriend, I thought one of those would be great as well, Until she became my Wife tounge_o.gif

girlfriend? waaah, he's gonna stop working on our tanks! sad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

j/k wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]girlfriend? waaah, he's gonna stop working on our tanks!

Kenji's "someone-chan" has been around for a long time, and that hasn't decreased the quality of his work any.

well, good news, glad to hear that Kenji found his love smile_o.gif best wishes to him, good luck!

I think now Kenji is realy bussy man, but still, he will at least needs to finish his work, for us, we need just to wait...

looks realy nice, waiting for new textures, desert etc.

MV looks like real one... smile_o.gif

sad_o.gif darn. I'm sitting behind a crappy monitor which shows everything much too dark (even max setting won't change this). I can't see shit on those pictures except the general shape of things sad_o.gif

But even the general shape looks very good smile_o.gif

Can't wait to get back home and watch those screenies on my own screen.

Heres a lil bit brighter version

t-62A_FM.jpg

Not the best idea to take pics at desert island, the bright sand makes the vehicle look too dark

Ahh reminds me of days of old. I remember in m1 tank patoon game, first the rush of the RED T80's tanks followed by the second wave of T72's and finally either T 64's or 62's. Can't wait fot the release. great work!!!!    smile_o.gif