Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

hehe im 18 but ive always got comment that i look and sound older ;)

Here i was thinking you were probably 70 with 4-5 grandchildren running about and disturbing your hand while you modelled in O2 with shaking hands , hmm maybe thats why RHS projects are going so slow  tounge_o.gif .

haha well excluding BAS and CBT name me another 10 teams that have released 9 packs (the number of pacs that u can find on our site)

Operation Northstar Mod wink_o.gif .

But hey i wasnt having a go at your progress rate , just messing with your age issue biggrin_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Seems kind of dangerous to me. I would think that having so many different camo patterns could result in friendly-fire incidents. Am I off base here?

In the few combat operations Russia's participated in since Afghanistan (Post Soviet era), the multitude of camouflage patterns has likely resulted in some friendly fire incidents.

More result though, from the lack of coordination between the service branches, even those that are very tightly bound together: Army Infantry and Army Aviation, for example.

More than a few times, MVD troops have been gunned down by Army troops. Mostly because the MVD guys can't get their heads out of their asses long enough to tell the Army guys sitting around that one particular village that they're:

- Coming in from this particular direction,

- Not Chechen.

Chechnya is a bad example, because the Chechens make use of most of the captured Russian equipment like all guerilla fighters, problem for the Russians is that often they lose things like BTR-80s or worse, T-80 tanks, to the Chechens. Never had that problem in Afghanistan, or at least not on such a large scale.

If you've ever read Aukai Collin's book "My Jihad" you'll hear tell of a Chechen who captured a T-72 tank in Grozny.

The technology the Russians use isn't bad. It's the guys using it. They're fine, most of the time, but the level of corruption and decay in the Russian Armed Forces is truely frightening.

Spoken like a gentleman Geocider. I should of used something other than age to describe their lack of maturity over there.

I try to judge people on a case by case basis. I usually assume that people are stupid by default until they prove me other wise. So 10 years old or 55 years old I just assume the worst. You for example are only 17 but you seem level headed and mature, at the same time I've met many elderly individuals who have little if any wisdom. So basically in a long winded way I'm saying, yes you are right. Age isn't always good basis for determine maturity.

Quote[/b] ] hehe I’m 18 but I’ve always got comment that I look and sound older ;)

Heh heh, I'm 23 but almost every one I meet says I look like I'm 17. I've been denied service at taverns even after I show my identification also. Every time I complain about it I always get the old cliche " Oh you'll be happy when your 53 and you look 23" *sigh*.

People who have talked to me on the phone and never seen me always seem to think I'm in my 30s though. That one really baffles me. I mean what does a 30 year old sound like that's so different from a 23 year old?

Nice pics you linked to Geocider. I seem to have a lot of trouble ever finding photos of the modern Russian army. A few comments...

http://vityaz.sensey.ru/pics/134.jpg

What kinds of helmet is the guy on the left wearing? I've never seen that kind before.

http://vityaz.sensey.ru/pics/142.jpg

At the risk of sounding immature. Is it just me or is the guy on the left totally cross eyed.

http://vityaz.sensey.ru/pics/177.jpg

I've noticed at least two kinds of KLM (is that correct?) patterns. Green with white splotches and green with brown splotches. In this picture though I see one guy has some pants that look like KLM buy they are brownish green with brown splotches. How many KLM patterns are there? Also I was under the impression that they didn't use it any more?

http://vityaz.sensey.ru/pics/283.jpg

I've always seen through out my life the white and blue striped under shirts in the Russian military. I have never seen red and white before. Is there any significance to them?

Quote[/b] ]I've noticed at least two kinds of KLM (is that correct?) patterns. Green with white splotches and green with brown splotches. In this picture though I see one guy has some pants that look like KLM buy they are brownish green with brown splotches. How many KLM patterns are there? Also I was under the impression that they didn't use it any more?

The latest variation of the venerable KLMK/KZM/KZS pattern is called "SUMRAK," and is manufactured by Spetsnonachenie. It seems to be seeing a lot more use than I thought it would be originally.

Quote[/b] ]I've always seen through out my life the white and blue striped under shirts in the Russian military. I have never seen red and white before. Is there any significance to them?

Regarding the Telnyashka:

- Blue & White: Navy, some Naval Infantrymen, VDV.

- Black & White: Naval Infantry, some VDV.

- Red & White: Generally MVD.

good morning!

i have bad and good news  sad_o.gif

from the internet and emule, i have downloaded many military videos(my all military video collection consists of 102 videos and of 3.6Gb used space) and pdf files, that I think you need to get them too...

T-80, 90 huge video collection, pdf(from russian military magazines) about t-62,64,72,80, there are blueprints, every modefication of the tank...

man, even amunition...

thought it's too late to give you that kind of info, but still, maybe you will use it in update or fixed versions of tank packs...

to give you such kind of info, i need a FTP to upload these files, because it's about 200mb smile_o.gif

hope you are interested in it... waiting for your answer...

good morning!

i have bad and good news  sad_o.gif

from the internet and emule, i have downloaded many military videos(my all military video collection consists of 102 videos and of 3.6Gb used space) and pdf files, that I think you need to get them too...

T-80, 90 huge video collection, pdf(from russian military magazines) about t-62,64,72,80, there are blueprints, every modefication of the tank...

man, even amunition...

thought it's too late to give you that kind of info, but still, maybe you will use it in update or fixed versions of tank packs...

to give you such kind of info, i need a FTP to upload these files, because it's about 200mb smile_o.gif

hope you are interested in it... waiting for your answer...

put it on emule and give tha address.

The more (factual, accurate) reference material we have, the better a job we can do.

but i don't know how to put it in there and how to give adress...  sad_o.gif  

so i will need to rar all files in the rar smile_o.gif and i'm downloading more pdfs and vids ;)

ok, thats good that you are interested... smile_o.gif but i'm still downloading and downloading all that info and videos...

but i don't know how to put it in there and how to give adress...  sad_o.gif  

so i will need to rar all files in the rar smile_o.gif and i'm downloading more pdfs and vids ;)

ok, thats good that you are interested... smile_o.gif but i'm still downloading and downloading all that info and videos...

I am not sure either. Well, keep the files in the emule shared folder and write the file names for people to search.

ok, i will rar and name the, then i will post here the name:)

but this will be not fast, because i still downloading, huge number of things, like su-24 in chechnya, armor in chechnya, rebel attacks and other videos and pdf... sad that speed is maximum 7kb/s, medium 2-3kb/s sad_o.gifmad_o.gif

Pt 2 of teh Mirot Vorci documentary is uploaded! But I must warn you as there are one VERY disturbing scene in this part where they litterary cut a guys head of. No chopping it takes a while. You can avoid this scene though, as just before they cut the throat of a goat (not as graphic) probably to make a point of how the "bad guys" think (observe that this documentary is Russian and in no way neutral to the conflict). If you feel you are up to it you might PM me. I would also like some feedback if the video I first uploaded actually works. As there is a limited number of downloads I didn't want to download one myself. And seven days this time too.

Cheers,

Geocider

Guest major gandhi

can't you upload the most interesting videos to yousendit.com?

ok. i will send by "YouSendIt", but i need email to which i could send it...

just rared part 1 smile_o.gif later i will send futher parts as now i'm still downloading...

just give e-mail adress(250mb free space)... (top priority to RHS)

You can put any fake email address there, it doesn't matter. The link that you get after the file upload is the only thing you need.

And I think if you send it to some valid e-mail address (like yer own) and go and use the mailed link the file is no longer available... Happened to me once...

So just copy/paste the link that is given 'as your reference' (or something like that) and all should work fine...

any plan to reconsider of the Lesnaya, that once you made?

i know it doesn't fit to Russian cuz it resembles American BDU.

but it is one of the most commonly used camo type in combat.

you've already dropped it, but that's tooooooo wasteful crazy_o.gif, i think.

carp! it's been 3 hours when i started uploading 203mb rared file into YouSendIt.com , "Sending Your File. Please Stand By..." already ************ me off, soon i will loose my patience...

i even turned off emule, that upload would complete faster...

@ Gedis,

Don't look at the window; it'll be there forever. The real notification when it's ready will come to the mail adress you gave.

Guest major gandhi

just started downloading smile_o.gif

Gedis, I liked your videos, but I think you should take out the ones that are really short, like certain videos that just shown a tank driving.  And I also think you should take out the videos that have low quality picture. But anyway, they are good.

wtf? Your transfer cannot be completed. Most likely the file has exceeded its allotted bandwidth or has been removed by the original sender or a recipient.

3 hours of uploading and they write this? exceeded bandwidth limit? how?!

now what to do?!

besides i'm not Gedits, i'm Gedis (better _GDS_ , though my name is Gediminas), just don't know how to remane my self in forum...

every small or huge things gives at least some kind of info, so i will not remove low-res videos...