Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

True, look at BIS for example...  tounge_o.gif

No one will hold it against you if you don't release anything on the 9th.. except maybe our friend Keller_777, who's wisdom and insight into the world of addon making is truly above us all.

biggrin_o.gif

Indeed we all have 'real lives' (work, family, friends, home, other hobbies.. yes other hobbies!) as well...some of us anyway! And give up our own spare time to keep the Flashpoint Community going & lively in our own ways - but the Mod & Addon makers probably more than most!

It's not like anyone is going to die or anything if an 'expected release date' isn't realised... is it now.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming releases from RHS & I'd rather they're well finished than rushed out for no good reason... kinda reminds me of OFP2  rock.gif

take your time, i'd rather see something done properly and wait for it, rather than release it early and unfinnished because of narrow minded indviduals  smile_o.gif

let me ask a question please smile_o.gif

what keeps you from releasing T-80s now? -weaps? i guess.

and i cant connect RHS for some days, what happened to it?

Hmm what keeps us, reador has to add a few lil things and the arena doesnt work right but other than that its ready.

let me ask a question please smile_o.gif

what keeps you from releasing T-80s now? -weaps? i guess.

and i cant connect RHS for some days, what happened to it?

Just moved server need to move the mySQL db ASAP as well. xmas_o.gif

oh,thank you  for reply smile_o.gif i can connect the RHS.

and only one more question please, any news about the weapon pack?  i heard it's close to be done...

Probably we will have to delete a few things on the weapon pack list to have it release asap.

Maybe we later offer the missing things as updateor a second pbo.

btw I drawed another cammo over the weekend, with the stuff we already have ( soldier wise ) we can make some nice targets for our troops from it wink_o.gif

Probably we will have to delete a few things on the weapon pack list to have it release asap.

The Soviet\Russian ICP weapon pack would be a perfect "temporary choice", I think. It's a little strange that you guys have to wait (and make all of your fans wait) for your own weapon pack when there already is one excellent weapon pack made by a different team... RHS units + ICP weapons - that's what I would call a "logical" and not a "nationalistic" decision.  wink_o.gif

you don't stop do you?  rock.gif , and if you paid attention to what goes one around here, RHS and ORCS ain't extactly "friends" so why would they use their work?  rock.gif

He has got a point. It would simplify things a little since both packs have 90% same weapons.

still as i said before, ORCS and RHS don't get on for various reasons, if i were making a pack i would'nt use weapons from a mod team i don't aggree with....

And the enjoyment in addon making is from making addons.. duh.

Maybe RHS WANT to make their own weapons.

I know I'd feel a lot more proud if I'd made the C130s from scratch..

I reckon Totmacher's weapons for RHS are worth waiting for: wink_o.gif

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~upload...._04.jpg

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~upload....7_2.jpg

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~upload...._04.jpg

Look a bit more up my street than the ORCS pack which, while nice, detailed and fairly extensive, look a little (only a little) out of place in OFP, in my opinion.

Pictures were from The Modeling Thread btw.

Plus those weapons ICP have totally screwed up config. Or actually only one thing: AI engagement ranges are probably taken from the moon (if you know what I mean wink_o.gif) - they're way too high and AI is way too accurate when using these weapons. It's aboslutely no fun to engage enemy equipped with these rifles. crazy_o.gif

I'd rather wait a year for RHS own weapon pack than use infantry equipped with ORCS' weapons. sad_o.gif

Hmm now i know why those ORCS troops are godlike with their AK's and PKM's from longrange biggrin_o.gif .

It's aboslutely no fun to engage enemy equipped with these rifles. crazy_o.gif

I beg to differ. See it as a challenge. It's like them cheaters in online games. You beat them anyways and you feel proud.

It is better to wait for the RHS weapons than it is to meet someone halfway and use the ORCS weapons...

Go fire any weapon chambered in 5.45x39mm. Hear the bang. Now wait. Wait for the "Whoosh." I don't understand how ORCS, when beta-testing these, failed to pick up on that.

Edit:

- By the by, 12th Monkey; those are some pretty old shots. I'd forgotten about them.

I modified the ORCS weapons to high dispersion to fix the godlike accuracy bug. They are much better now and the models&textures are perfect. The sounds are also very good but I understand if someone wants the RHS weapons instead. wink_o.gif

Actually ideal thing would be a unified east/soviet/russian weapon pack with all the AK47/74 variants, RPG's, MG's and sniper rifles that all russian mod teams could use.

i doubt that it'd be a good idea to chuck away all the good work of Totmacher... wink_o.gif who wants to stay with ORCS' weapons can do this.

It's aboslutely no fun to engage enemy equipped with these rifles.  crazy_o.gif

I beg to differ. See it as a challenge. It's like them cheaters in online games. You beat them anyways and you feel proud.

Yeah... cheaters... it's definitely a correct expression for what they behave like. Damn AI take you down from 600 meters away when you can't even see them in some cases. crazy_o.gif

Ok, let's end this ORCS-offtopic and just wait for RHS weapons. smile_o.gif

It's aboslutely no fun to engage enemy equipped with these rifles. crazy_o.gif

Yeah... cheaters... it's definitely a correct expression for what they behave like. Damn AI take you down from 600 meters away when you can't even see them in some cases. crazy_o.gif

Ok, let's end this ORCS-offtopic and just wait for RHS weapons. smile_o.gif

good choice. as long as we get them done before ofp2, everything is fine biggrin_o.gif

Actually if there are any rogue weapon makers (with experience) in THA house here, who are looking for work plase drop a line here, because it wuold make our life (and your wait wink_o.gif ) just that much easier.

sorry, to bother and peg for this... but do you got any updates..? smile_o.gif