Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Ok...

If I understand well... no OFP soviet in Russia! *Joke* biggrin_o.gif

Are you planing to release a big pack with all your tank (New version of your great T-55 and T-64, T-62, T-72, T-80 and T-90) next month?

I hope... wink_o.gif

No, but it will be a rather big thing, well you guys seeit soon

that's good news biggrin_o.gif  looking forward to it and next month.

but i have a question, AKM said the GRU guys had been retexturing.

but had there been no remodeling? because i prefer current model i've seen in last june.

Stanislav:

The textures were re-done, and some of the modeling was touched up. Essentially, they are the same, with some things fixed up.

yes, finaly great news...

can't wait to get them...

then all abrams mighty will go down smile_o.gif

yes yes yes...

i'm just interesting about that t-62, in the last picture from kenji's work, it looks not wery good, tanks shape looks strage, maybe it's now corrected, just don't know...

all other T tanks looks just fabulous! ;)

The reason the T-62 may look 'odd' is either because of your display + the angle at which the image was taken, or because that's a "Pre Kenji-going-completely-berserk on the model" screenshot.

It's all good now.

Actually, the only Russian tanks that have a chance in Hell of smoking an M1, M1A1, or M1A2 SEP from the front, are the T-80 series. A T-80BV could probably take an M1, but a M1A1 needs a T-80U to take it down, under the best conditions possible, and the M1A2 works of the ratio of Two (2) T-80UM1 tanks to one (1) M1A2 SEP. So 2:1. Fortunately, the Russians have these kinds of numbers.

It's all rather debatable, but with my testing and the current betas I've been issued, the ratio holds true.

The T-62 will be released in... A few months. If some form of supreme deity smiles upon our work, the best we could hope for is really late next month, probably two, three months from now. Lotta things remain to be done - unfortunately, the team doesn't exactly have a whole lot of time to spend on modeling - As Kenji said, he's only just got the basic modeling and texturing done.

well we be able to go cargo on da T62, that was a sweet feuture on the T55's wink_o.gif

but still, what are chances sep against T-90? count manuevers, low T's siluets, speed, counter measures and etc.

well ofcourse you need to know abrams weak points...

destroy abrams knowing it's weak points

Abrams vs. T-90

all about tanks

very good site, check the forum, read all articles...

lets see how abrams looks in iraq

post-4-1100472912.jpg

17b.jpg

post-4-1100809853.jpg

[ig]http://www.gspo.ru/uploads/post-4-1100809876.jpg[/img]>100kb

post-4-1101222515.jpg

[im]http://www.gspo.ru/uploads/post-4-1101384840.gif[/img]>100kb

it shows that abrams is not so strong... but realy sad pictures...

some pictures from iraq

iraq

soviet tanks near china's border

[im]http://www.gspo.ru/uploads/post-4-1095553778.jpg[/img]>100kb

hope you are making T-84...

T-84 in Greece

post-4-1094631351.jpg

T-84 in Turkey

http://www.gspo.ru/uploads/post-4-1094631439.jpg

Ciprus T-80U

http://www.gspo.ru/uploads/post-4-1095604971.jpg

Pakistan's T-80UD

http://www.gspo.ru/uploads/post-4-1101515025.jpg

Indian T-90S

http://www.gspo.ru/uploads/post-4-1106573780.jpg

http://www.gspo.ru/uploads/post-4-1106573733.jpg

http://www.gspo.ru/uploads/post-4-1107390838.jpg

Finland T-72

http://www.gspo.ru/uploads/post-4-1110362353.jpg

http://www.gspo.ru/uploads/post-4-1110363060.jpg

Russia's

post-4-1110370117.jpg

oplot

[im]http://www.mainbattletanks.czweb.org/Tanky/t84120o3.jpg[/img]>100kb

king homer, you are totaly corect, abrams can be destroyed from rpg-7 to cornet... just because iraq's t-72 were export versions...

Gedis, most Abrams in Iraq were disabled by Anti tank mines or IED's. I don't know if there even was killed any Abrams by an enmey tank.

Indeed Homer, a few where hit by RPG's and disabled by hitting the exhaust but alot was due to burning stowage on the top leaking into the cabin. In Iraq recover of an abrams is usally more trouble than it's worth seeing as it takes alot of time and would be a nice target so most of the pictures posted have been destroyed by the US themselves.

i hope i can ask this here...

i just installed the T64 pack (version 0.95 with the 0.96 fix)

and, when i start the game i get a error saying "Addon 'RHS_t64Pack' requires addon 'RHS_t64bModels'

and when i put a T64 (any version) on the map and try to preview i get a CTD without error message.

ive tried to redownload from RHS site and both mirrors at ofp.info.

i have downloaded all addons that is stated as required.

it has worked for me earlier but with this last install it simply dont work at all.

anyone knows what´s wrong? (i cant find any T64bModels PBO anywhere)

AKM

Actually, the only Russian tanks that have a chance in Hell of smoking an M1, M1A1, or M1A2 SEP from the front, are the T-80 series. A T-80BV could probably take an M1, but a M1A1 needs a T-80U to take it down, under the best conditions possible, and the M1A2 works of the ratio of Two (2) T-80UM1 tanks to one (1) M1A2 SEP. So 2:1. Fortunately, the Russians have these kinds of numbers.  

In game? Or in RW?

M1 today is really obsolete and could be KOed by frontal hit from all Soviet tanks firing new APFSDS ammo from mid `80s. But frontal armour of M1s is still immune to PG7 and other not very sophisticated HEAT missiles.

If any Te-es is firing BM42, it could be dangerous for M1A1s (frontal hit still). Mid and late `80s Soviet round have penformances enough to make problems for Abramses. But not all Soviet tanks were equipped with new ammo, 2nd line units probably still had not better ammo than Iraqis in `91.

When new DU inserts in M1A1HA, M1A1HC and M1A2 appeared probably even the newest Russian tanks firing obsolete ammo have not much chance against better armoured US tanks. I did not heard any new ammunition like BM42M (which reached probably the limits of T72-T80-T90 weapon and still could be not enough to kill SEP) was in line yet. So ratio 2-1 for T80UM1 vs M1A2 SEP might be too optimistic.

OTOH even with K-5 ERA T80s and T90s could be KOed by long succesors of "Silver Bullets".

So all depends which ammo RHS tanks would be equipped with. Other conditions, quality of FCS and crew are another thing, not easy to simulate. M1A2 SEP electronics is better than the newest T90s (with Agava-2; still no chances to "hunter-killer"), M1A1`s could be compared with those from T80Us.

RHS, will make their armor standards (and way it is simulate in config?) compared to M1A2 SEP? (btw, did you noticed some small discussion about proposed common armour standards, which probably could better simulate OFP armour thanks to game mechanics researches?)

Sigmas tanks are getting older and older, OFP community waits for new high quality Russian tank addons biggrin_o.gif

Gedis

It shows only that there is nothing couldn`t been spoiled  tounge_o.gif Pages you linked are interesting, but it look similar to some strange news about 80 Abramses destroyed in Iraq since 2003... Counting of totally destroyed tanks from M1 family is much more harder than f.e. T72s or T80s. I read that 63 of those 80 "destroyed" Abramses were back in line after refits. T72 in which exploded ammo is only a wreck.

Much per cent of all more than 1000 Abramses in Iraq where dammaged. But the most important is that in the most cases their crews survived and vehicle were able to return for duty soon. Even with the newest anti-fire and anti-explosion systems in Russian tanks be a member of crew in the moment of hit is much more hazardous.

Abramses dammaged by PG-7s sometimes were finally destroyed, but by own crews or airforces. Just find a photo of tank named Cojone Eh, which were dammaged by RPG, then set on fire by US troops, hit by another Abrams (with ammo explosion) and eventually hit twice by Mavericks missiles - and looks still like a tank. I see no chances that even the newest T90 could survive something like that without loosing it`s shape...

Indeed Homer, a few where hit by RPG's and disabled by hitting the exhaust but alot was due to burning stowage on the top leaking into the cabin. In Iraq recover of an abrams is usally more trouble than it's worth seeing as it takes alot of time and would be a nice target so most of the pictures posted have been destroyed by the US themselves.

that is true. I heard from a retired tank commander from iraqi freedom that they had to shoot a couple mavericks at the tank to totally destroy it.

AKM

In game? Or in RW?

M1 today is really obsolete and could be KOed by frontal hit from all Soviet tanks firing new APFSDS ammo from mid `80s. But frontal armour of M1s is still immune to PG7 and other not very sophisticated HEAT missiles.

If any Te-es is firing BM42, it could be dangerous for M1A1s (frontal hit still). Mid and late `80s Soviet round have penformances enough to make problems for Abramses. But not all Soviet tanks were equipped with new ammo, 2nd line units probably still had not better ammo than Iraqis in `91.

When new DU inserts in M1A1HA, M1A1HC and M1A2 appeared probably even the newest Russian tanks firing obsolete ammo have not much chance against better armoured US tanks. I did not heard any new ammunition like BM42M (which reached probably the limits of T72-T80-T90 weapon and still could be not enough to kill SEP) was in line yet. So ratio 2-1 for T80UM1 vs M1A2 SEP might be too optimistic.

OTOH even with K-5 ERA T80s and T90s could be KOed by long succesors of "Silver Bullets".

So all depends which ammo RHS tanks would be equipped with. Other conditions, quality of FCS and crew are another thing, not easy to simulate. M1A2 SEP electronics is better than the newest T90s (with Agava-2; still no chances to "hunter-killer"), M1A1`s could be compared with those from T80Us.

RHS, will make their armor standards (and way it is simulate in config?) compared to M1A2 SEP? (btw, did you noticed some small discussion about proposed common armour standards, which probably could better simulate OFP armour thanks to game mechanics researches?)

Sigmas tanks are getting older and older, OFP community waits for new high quality Russian tank addons biggrin_o.gif

Gedis

It shows only that there is nothing couldn`t been spoiled  tounge_o.gif Pages you linked are interesting, but it look similar to some strange news about 80 Abramses destroyed in Iraq since 2003... Counting of totally destroyed tanks from M1 family is much more harder than f.e. T72s or T80s. I read that 63 of those 80 "destroyed" Abramses were back in line after refits. T72 in which exploded ammo is only a wreck.

Much per cent of all more than 1000 Abramses in Iraq where dammaged. But the most important is that in the most cases their crews survived and vehicle were able to return for duty soon. Even with the newest anti-fire and anti-explosion systems in Russian tanks be a member of crew in the moment of hit is much more hazardous.

Abramses dammaged by PG-7s sometimes were finally destroyed, but by own crews or airforces. Just find a photo of tank named Cojone Eh, which were dammaged by RPG, then set on fire by US troops, hit by another Abrams (with ammo explosion) and eventually hit twice by Mavericks missiles - and looks still like a tank. I see no chances that even the newest T90 could survive something like that without loosing it`s shape...

it all very well saying things like that, but only 30% of russia's tank force are modern tanks, a tank like the T-90 is a very un-common vehicle, most people may not want to admit it, but most NATO tanks (ie Challenger 2, M1A2, leapard 2A6 and the french lerec) have better, protection, speed, firepower and mobility. alot of these fancy pictures u see of T-90s jumping these walls are purly for publicity, i very much doubt a tank commander would order his crew todo that, as the risks of breaking the tank is to great.

that aside ofp isn't really cut out for hard coretank warfare, i'd rather see a system where the tanks are balanced, for example you could have a light tank, medium tank and a MBT class smile_o.gif and so on xmas_o.gif

LOL this has to be the biggest thred..

just wondering.. anything new?

i realy don't think that even sep abrams(without depleted uranium rouns) could outstand t-90...

DU rounds are like cheats... i hate them, not because it's death for T tanks, because they are toxic for enviroment. Russians also has DU rounds on their tanks, but they never used them in war like americans, just because they are humans!

Yes, sep's armor fascinates me, but also, it's depleted uranium...

leapard-2, leclerk, chalender-2, they are good tanks and good armor, T-90 could wipe these tanks out, but when it comes to abrams, i hate it!!!

besides, germans were testing t-72 armor with 105mm best gun they had, yeah and it proved that t-72 armor can stand against 105mm for 95% smile_o.gif and it was T-72m (export version!!!), what to say about T-72 not export version, or even T-90...

ah... i know who will burn out sep to hell, it's black eagle! yeah... :P

finaly, no more abrams as the undefeatable power...

to canadian terror, but they haven't done it, while americans from desert storm till now, operation iraq freedom, uses DU rounds

Quote[/b] ]Russians also has DU rounds on their tanks, but they never used them in war like americans, just because they are humans!

rock.gif

How about the Russians launching conventional nukes at people, whould you care to rationalize that one as well?

rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Russians also has DU rounds on their tanks, but they never used them in war like americans, just because they are humans!

rock.gif

How about the Russians launching conventional nukes at people, whould you care to rationalize that one as well?

rock.gif

huh did I miss some nuclear strike while drinking in the pub? Americans are still the only ones to have ever used nuclear weapons on humans during war time. And have a larger nuclear warhead count atm, we just have better ways of delivering them tounge_o.gif.

rock.gif

rock.gif

huh did I miss some nuclear strike while drinking in the pub? Americans are still the only ones to have ever used nuclear weapons on humans during war time. And have a larger nuclear warhead count atm, we just have better ways of delivering them tounge_o.gif.

I think he means fuel air explosives - they're a lot like mini-nukes without the radiation. But the US uses those too - in Iraq and Afghanistan (the Daisy Cutter and MOAB are FAE bombs, IIRC).

I remember a document I saw about 3-6 months ago... It was about Russian nuke tests in 50's-60's.

Well, there were towns relatively near, so army always warned them. Guess what the civilians did.

rock.gif

rock.gif

I think he means fuel air explosives - they're a lot like mini-nukes without the radiation. But the US uses those too - in Iraq and Afghanistan (the Daisy Cutter and MOAB are FAE bombs, IIRC).

yep read about the daisy cutter, some scarry sh*t crazy_o.gif

DU rounds are like cheats... i hate them, not because it's death for T tanks, because they are toxic for enviroment. Russians also has DU rounds on their tanks, but they never used them in war like americans, just because they are humans!

Gedis, c'mon, don't make me laugh, man!

Thanks to Russian "humanitary" way of thinking, we had a meltdown in Chernobyl. Even if Americans use a thousands times more DU rounds, they'll never cause more as much radioactive pollution as Russians have already done due to one single act of stupidity!  crazy_o.gif

well, but fact is fact, that DU is toxic... i'm not talking about nuclear arsenal which is huge on both sides and not talking about it's testings... just depleted uranium rounds...

you guys, think it's modern weapon, i think it's unhealthy weapon used in war...

don't know how to say... no other nato or not nato countryes don't use this kind of rounds in war and i support them...

about chernobyl, i don't think you don't know what means comunism...

lets get back to thread...

i just waiting your tank packs, to destroy with them as much as possible abrams tanks... i hate cheats, so let them all be destroyed smile_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]leapard-2, leclerk, chalender-2, they are good tanks and good armor, T-90 could wipe these tanks out,

LOL would love to know what imprical evidence this is based on...

you can't just decide "T-90 wipes out these tanks" you know. tounge_o.gif

As said, M1 is older than most if not all of those tanks, Challenger 2 uparmoured is almost certainly better protected.

Leopard 2 can move at the same kind of speeds as a T-90..