Sign in to follow this  
iNeo

Everon, malden and kolgujev

As you probably know, the shorter names for Everon, Malden and Kolgujev are Eden (Everon), Abel (Malden) and Cain (Kolgujev). They are used in the end of mission's folder names, like a folder called CleanSweep.eden.

Okay, a pretty long time ago I realized Eden is a name for the paradise (Adam and Eve's), or at least something like that. Right now, I watched an American talk show and the host said something like "It's like Cain and Abel, blah blah blah..." I recognized those names from OFP and searched Google for "cain and abel".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cain and Abel were the first humans born in the usual way. Their parents, Adam and Eve /.../<span id='postcolor'>

- http://www.execulink.com/~wblank/cainabel.htm

So...

- Everon - Eden - Paradise (or Garden of Eden)

- Malden - Abel - Adam and Eve's second child

- Kolgujev - Cain - Adam and Eve's first child

smile.gif

Neo

I am a Christian but I'm not religious. Never heard of Abel and Cain. Eden I knew when I saw it. But not Abel and Cain. Heh.

Cool, maybe its like one of those thing programers do to mess with your head! Like easter eggs in Counterstrike, GTA3, and so forth.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 21 2003,18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am a Christian but I'm not religious. Never heard of Abel and Cain. Eden I knew when I saw it. But not Abel and Cain. Heh.<span id='postcolor'>

lol Neo u should read that book called bible. I like bis because they make best game ever, and they r probably believers too tounge.gif

I wonder if they did that on purpose?

Most likely they did.

And also a thing I noticed a while back after trying to level towns. It's that you can't destroy the churches.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ Feb. 21 2003,22:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 21 2003,18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am a Christian but I'm not religious. Never heard of Abel and Cain. Eden I knew when I saw it. But not Abel and Cain. Heh.<span id='postcolor'>

lol Neo u should read that book called bible.<span id='postcolor'>

No thanks, I've read some (quite alot) during the 'confirmation' at age 14 and it was no fun at all smile.gif

It took you two years to figure that out crazy.gif You never knew who Cain and Abel were crazy.gif

The youth of todayicon4.gif

I thank my parents for never sending me off to religious schools.

I'm planning on reading the bible, but It's more of a project for when I'm out of school, or during summer break. I get my few hours of free time each day, I'd like to enjoy it. smile.gif

Shame on you iNeo biggrin.gif

Cain and Abel are very well known for the famous 1st murder of the human being history , according the Bible of course

The thing Harnu point out

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And also a thing I noticed a while back after trying to level towns. It's that you can't destroy the churches.<span id='postcolor'>

It is very interesting, i never thought about that , now i understand why they give biblical names to their island class

Certainly some believers in BIS wink.gif

Cultural instant (semi-offtopic, sorry moderators , but i cant keep myself to write it wink.gif )

The Bible is a very good reading, even if you aren't a believer in Jewish or Christian religion (by the way bible isn't only a Christian book , the first part is common to Jewish and Christian religion).

Second point, the bible is not one book , but several books united (one is the Genesis , another is the Exodus , Leviticus ...)

But it is a very complex reading too, instead of books that you read in your school years, everything is metaphorical, allegorical and parabolic. there are a lot of reading level.

That is why young people have always very difficult time to understand, but when they grew older, it is very interesting if they decide to give a try.

If you are not a believer , you can search it to find lots of the reason why some different people are continuously struggling in a certain region of this world.

And from an historic point of view, you can have a certain vision of how people were living at different period of the time.

If you are a believer, of course, you will find lots of things

But that is another story i will not expand myself into , i am a believer and religion is personnal.

End of cultural instant. wink.gif

And sorry again for the half off topic

Yeah, I´ve noticed long ago that you can´t destroy churches.

You can destroy family dwellings and shoot unarmed women, but apparently churches are a no-go. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can destroy those new nice looking stone churches that are in Nogova though<span id='postcolor'>

A crisis in BIS programers' faith

lol there's no need to be a religious person to know the story of kain and abel. it's general knowledge. ah yes and of course you can learn about it by playing the game Vampyre. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 22 2003,18:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just be happy they didn't call the islands Jehosaphat, Zerubavel and Nevuchadnetzar. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol

I tend to dislike religion. I mean come on its all about tradition. I myself refer to it as my personal spiritual relationship with God.

Oh and jsut because you go to a bible thumper school that doesn't make you a Christian. You need to be active and living for God to be a true Christian. It is stated in the Bible many times that God doesn't like someone who is "lukewarm" in faith.

Anyway, enough of my rant on how people claim to be Christian when they really aren't. Next time you claim to be a Christian, maybe you shouldn't state that you haven't read the bible. Sorry if reality hurts.

Booky

If Jesus came back I'm sure he would cast you out of GD for posting off topic on the Sabbath, or something smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Booky @ Feb. 22 2003,20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I tend to dislike religion. I mean come on its all about tradition. I myself refer to it as my personal spiritual relationship with God.

Oh and jsut because you go to a bible thumper school that doesn't make you a Christian. You need to be active and living for God to be a true Christian. It is stated in the Bible many times that God doesn't like someone who is "lukewarm" in faith.

Anyway, enough of my rant on how people claim to be Christian when they really aren't. Next time you claim to be a Christian, maybe you shouldn't state that you haven't read the bible. Sorry if reality hurts.

Booky<span id='postcolor'>

Amen brother biggrin.gif

Yes, me is christian too, for real smile.gif

But anyway, me didn't know that you couldn't destroy churches, never tried it before you see.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just be happy they didn't call the islands Jehosaphat, Zerubavel and Nevuchadnetzar.<span id='postcolor'>

Who is are they? Josaphat? Ain't the last one that persian king? confused.gif

Well, I know Melchizedek was one of the kings of Jerusalem back in the day. not sure who the otherthree are though. ^^;

I agree with that spiritual take on christianity above. It in a way reminded me of the Pentacostal church. My aunt used to take me there. It was interesting to hear what they said there, but ultimately all the standing and singing made me leave. crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 21 2003,17:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So...

- Everon - Eden - Paradise (or Garden of Eden)

- Malden - Abel - Adam and Eve's second child

- Kolgujev - Cain - Adam and Eve's first child

smile.gif

Neo<span id='postcolor'>

Does that make the desert island a bastard child confused.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just be happy they didn't call the islands Jehosaphat, Zerubavel and Nevuchadnetzar.

<span id='postcolor'>

INFIDEL !!! /me strikes avon with a lighting bolt tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, Nogova's classname "Noe" is the same as "Noah".

<span id='postcolor'>

its an OMEN !! /me runs off to build ark or alternatively a nuclear bunker wow.gif