Sign in to follow this  
Peanut

Mi-2 beta release...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Mar. 01 2003,03:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">whiny-girl 03 award, to be presented by Jaque Chirac biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You just had to sneak that in there, didn't you?  tounge.gif

taunters.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (smogmorph @ Mar. 03 2003,17:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cool, does the Air Freezer spin?<span id='postcolor'>

we will try to make it spin. smile.gif

Is this fan a standard piece of equipment for Mi2 Choppers?

The pilots don't want to smell all those stinky soldiers in the back. That's why they have the fans.

My school bus driver had one of those too, I wonder if it was for the same reason?? wow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwink.gif

As a pretty hardcore chopperlover, I simply adore addons like these. Its not gonna get any academy awards, but truly a VERY SOLID HELICOPTER ADDON that when I first enter it and take off the ground in makes you really remember why the hell I have sticked with a computer game so very, very long without letting the other 30+ game titles currently installed on my drive not distract me too much.

And its soooo very cute! A nice piece of eastern hardware! Love it!

BRSSEB

also demo mision will be relised we are working on it now...

not long till relise now

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brsseb @ Mar. 03 2003,23:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As a pretty hardcore chopperlover, I simply adore addons like these. Its not gonna get any academy awards, but truly a VERY SOLID HELICOPTER ADDON that when I first enter it and take off the ground in makes you really remember why the hell I have sticked with a computer game so very, very long without letting the other 30+ game titles currently installed on my drive not distract me too much.

And its soooo very cute! A nice piece of eastern hardware! Love it!

BRSSEB<span id='postcolor'>

So true smile.gif

OFP is the game I keep coming back to, and it's definitely thanks to addons like this one.

mi2_01.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Mar. 03 2003,18:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you might try to make the small fan spin

you can see the big rotorblades from the cockpit but you cant see the ones on the tail so you could configure the fan as the backrotor in the pilot view wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Afaik current chopper addons can have more than one main rotor (V-80, CH-47), so the fan could be one of it... if there are no restrictions on the multple rotors placement and align of axis :]

can helos be made to have gunners on both sides of aircraft that can fire smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SGTKOPP @ Mar. 05 2003,05:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">can helos be made to have gunners on both sides of aircraft that can fire smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

impossible OFP game enegine supports only 1 gunner position.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Mar. 05 2003,01:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Mar. 03 2003,18:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you might try to make the small fan spin

you can see the big rotorblades from the cockpit but you cant see the ones on the tail so you could configure the fan as the backrotor in the pilot view  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Afaik current chopper addons can have more than one main rotor (V-80, CH-47), so the fan could be one of it...  if there are no restrictions on the multple rotors placement and align of axis :]<span id='postcolor'>

you can only have one main rotor and one tail rotor on helicopters (planes can have as many as you like), the V-80/CH-47 just use the tail rotor and flip it on its side, also the config for it has to stay the same through all the LOD's so making it work the fan in one LOD but not in the others wont work as the game will still try to use the memory points for the animation, and if the model doesnt line up with them the tail rotor model would spin wildly

im no addon maker or anything but u sure theres no way to get two gunners? i remember a while a go a saw a ship that had about 8 weapon systems and u could use different ones by using the script. Could that not be used on a chopper???

I'm afraid not sad.gif. Ships don't turn and move so fast, so you can easily use that kind of script. But if you try to use it in chopper, it won't work very well because choppers can move and turn so fast.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gloomy @ Mar. 05 2003,20:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im no addon maker or anything but u sure theres no way to get two gunners? i remember a while a go a saw a ship that had about 8 weapon systems and u could use different ones by using the script. Could that not be used on a chopper???<span id='postcolor'>

In the ship the additional gunners are separate vehicles that are positioned on certaint height and certain position on the ship.

Making it in other kind of vehicle than a ship is imposible from one cause: positioning commands in ofp allows you only to place object at specified [ width x lenght x height x rotation_on_vertical_axis ] position on map BUT does not allow to incline model (rotate on horizontal axis). Ships do not incline because they are on a flat sea. Tanks will incline because ground is not flat. Heli's will incline while moving forward, backward and turning. No need to explain it with plane :]

1. Airfreezer is working.

2. New textures inside and improved textures outside.

3. Fixed all bugs and other things.

it is knocking smile.gif

in a couple of days

we are thinkig about animations so if we will not add animations we will relise it very fast(demo mission need work)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 22 2003,15:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mi2.jpg

Very nice addon. From a first look it looks finished. It has no fancy custom animations and stuff like that but it is a very well done  down-to-earth addon smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That picture is bigger than 100 kb

I should ban u denoir biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Mar. 09 2003,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That picture is bigger than 100 kb

I should ban u denoir  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Size: 66,622

fu*k  biggrin.gif  miscounted me

i thought i finally tricked him after all me topics i started he closed  mad.gif

could we have a progress report? A release date maybe? Thanks smile.gif