Sign in to follow this  
Peanut

Mi-2 beta release...

mi2.jpg

Very nice addon. From a first look it looks finished. It has no fancy custom animations and stuff like that but it is a very well done down-to-earth addon smile.gif

Very very nice indeed, finally a small helicopter for the russians, although hopefully by the full version he will add one armed with just say a PK to rival the UH-60MG

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Feb. 22 2003,15:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Very very nice indeed, finally a small helicopter for the russians, although hopefully by the full version he will add one armed with just say a PK to rival the UH-60MG<span id='postcolor'>

There is no Mi-2 with any gun mounted as you want it to be. Mounting MG's on the doors were used very rarely in soviet army.

Very nice addon, VERY nice addon, VERY GOOD ADDON :] I was waiting for Mi-2... hohoho... a long time... :]

And my question in all this thread... Is it AirwolfPL's Mi-2, which, as he told, was to be released before the end of february, or will we recieve another Mi-2 soon? :]

Looks nice, I hope the final version will have better LOD levels (currently they dont seem to have proper normals and the resolutions are set so that only a few LODs are ever in use). Also, a some glass on the windows would be nice (in the pilot/cargo/etc. view)

After a bit of playing I noticed two things:

1.) The chopper seems to survive falls that destroy most other choppers. Not all of the time, but some of the time.

2.) It seems a little too heavily armoured, and M2 machineguns wont engage it.

Just thought I'd point these out. Otherwise great addon!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Feb. 22 2003,16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Feb. 22 2003,15:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Very very nice indeed, finally a small helicopter for the russians, although hopefully by the full version he will add one armed with just say a PK to rival the UH-60MG<span id='postcolor'>

There is no Mi-2 with any gun mounted as you want it to be.<span id='postcolor'>

hmm..

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/mi-2.htm says:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

7.62-mm or Pintle-mounted Machinegun:(may be mounted in left-side cabin door)

Range: (practical) 1,000 m

Ammo type: HEFI, HEI, APT, APE, CC

Rate of Fire (rpm): (practical) 250

OR

12.7-mm or Pintle-mounted Machinegun: (may be mounted in left-side cabin door)

Range: (practical) 1,500 m

Ammo type: API, API-T, IT, HEI

Rate of Fire (rpm): (practical) 100

<span id='postcolor'>

At last, a small Russian chopper! Great work. Hopefully the KA-60 will also be released soon. Then the Russians will have a full range of light, medium, heavy and super-heavy (MI-26) whirlybirds to play with. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The MI-2 Hoplite provides transport and fire support. The MI-2 can conduct reconnaissance, resupply guerrillas and provide close air support with 57mm rockets. It can also have a smoke generator mounted to provide a wide area smoke screen in front of units, screening their movements. Additional missions include; direct air support, antitank, armed reconnaissance, transport, medevac, airborne command post, minelaying, and training.

<span id='postcolor'>

Now that would be nice if this capability would be modelled...If the BIS OH-58 can fire FFARs then I think the MI-2 should also have that capability (Of course not FFARs but the Russian equivalent) wink.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Feb. 22 2003,17:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The MI-2 Hoplite provides transport and fire support. The MI-2 can conduct reconnaissance, resupply guerrillas and provide close air support with 57mm rockets. It can also have a smoke generator mounted to provide a wide area smoke screen in front of units, screening their movements. Additional missions include; direct air support, antitank, armed reconnaissance, transport, medevac, airborne command post, minelaying, and training.

<span id='postcolor'>

Now that would be nice if this capability would be modelled...If the BIS OH-58 can fire FFARs then I think the MI-2 should also have that capability (Of course not FFARs but the Russian equivalent) wink.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

erm, this beta has FFAR's on the Mi-2

really nice helicopter

it flies like a charm tounge.gif

i love it , even if it doesn't have any kind of new aminofthe deaththatownseverything , it's a nice needed add to the game , can't wait to see the final version

keep doing fast insertions with UCE/SDOC east units tounge.gif

How about add interior light in the cockpit and cargo area during night flight? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Feb. 22 2003,17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">keep doing fast insertions with UCE/SDOC east units tounge.gif

Blackdog .. what do i see in the background of the 6th pic ? in the door ?<span id='postcolor'>

Looks like Scorpio's CH-53. Perhaps Blackdog is beta testing it and teasing us a bit. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Feb. 22 2003,19:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Feb. 22 2003,17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">keep doing fast insertions with UCE/SDOC east units tounge.gif

Blackdog .. what do i see in the background of the 6th pic ? in the door ?<span id='postcolor'>

Looks like Scorpio's CH-53. Perhaps Blackdog is beta testing it and teasing us a bit. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

heard different things ....

Really nice and long awaited addon smile.gif, some things I would like to see:

-maybe make the wheels and white textures a bit darker

-like Kege said the windows would be nice to see from inside also

-windows are maybe a bit too bright

-and please a PK version biggrin.gif

This will be my new standard chopper for SpetzNaz insertions.

*EDIT*

Whoops forgot to ask, why the name in editor and game is Mi-2 NO? Is this some kind of an addon tag or is that the way it should be called?

Great work! Looks excellent - too bad I'm stuck at work because I can't wait to try it out.

btw.... i like how the Mi-2 handles excellently...and the textures are top-notch. smile.gif

I personally think that this addon is a superb example of what addonmakers should make- good, down to earth, regular soviet and American items, things that are commonly seen on the battlefield.

-Crew