Sign in to follow this  
Peanut

Mi-2 beta release...

I've been bothered about this all day and its getting on my nerves. Sorry if I have offended you but the whining thing is staying.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Feb. 22 2003,16:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Feb. 22 2003,16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Feb. 22 2003,15:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Very very nice indeed, finally a small helicopter for the russians, although hopefully by the full version he will add one armed with just say a PK to rival the UH-60MG<span id='postcolor'>

There is no Mi-2 with any gun mounted as you want it to be.<span id='postcolor'>

hmm..

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/mi-2.htm says:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

7.62-mm or Pintle-mounted Machinegun:(may be mounted in left-side cabin door)

Range: (practical) 1,000 m

Ammo type: HEFI, HEI, APT, APE, CC

Rate of Fire (rpm): (practical) 250

OR

12.7-mm or Pintle-mounted Machinegun: (may be mounted in left-side cabin door)

Range: (practical) 1,500 m

Ammo type: API, API-T, IT, HEI

Rate of Fire (rpm): (practical) 100

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

There is a difference between russian and american statement of "can be mounted" - in america, it means "we use it when we need" and in russia... "once upon a time my friend told me that he saw...."

Technically it is not a problem to mount an MG on Mi-2. It is problem to find one with mounted :]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Feb. 22 2003,23:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Technically it is not a problem to mount an MG on Mi-2. It is problem to find one with mounted :]<span id='postcolor'>

Well, if its possible, its also realistic enough to have one in an addon, and imo. it would be nice to have a version with a doorgun. And also a version with this:

29-11-2002-8-32-mi2_pol_6_firing_gun.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Feb. 22 2003,22:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Feb. 22 2003,23:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Technically it is not a problem to mount an MG on Mi-2. It is problem to find one with mounted :]<span id='postcolor'>

Well, if its possible, its also realistic enough to have one in an addon, and imo. it would be nice to have a version with a doorgun.<span id='postcolor'>

I only thought it will be more realistic to make Mi-2 as an representative of russian army, the way that it is commonly used. It is like not to paint only-one Mi-2 in red with yellow strips just because there are several choppers painted so :]

But that is only my opinion... :]

I'd like it if the Resistance had an Mi-2 too, and if there was a version w/ guns and a non-armed version.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Feb. 22 2003,23:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd like it if the Resistance had an Mi-2 too, and if there was a version w/ guns and a non-armed version.<span id='postcolor'>

EXACTLY :]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Feb. 22 2003,15:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd like it if the Resistance had an Mi-2 too, and if there was a version w/ guns and a non-armed version.<span id='postcolor'>

I was going to say this also smile.gif

I'd say, just because you won't find a Hoplite with MG quite frequently in real life it does not mean you have to translate that one to one to the game. If it fits good into the game to mount a PK on it, just do it smile.gif

PSC

I hope to see a non-armed version to match the littlebirds for MP games. I don't really like attack helicopters in standard CTF games... transport-only helicopters add so much more to gameplay tactics IMO.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">29-11-2002-8-32-mi2_pol_6_firing_gun.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

I guess LWP mod would handle the vesion from the pic.

Although there are no config/scripting fireworks in this addon, the texture and 3d work is pretty well and the helo fits into OFP nicely.

And it's alway a pleasure to dl well done helo for east. And yes res version would also be useful.

What's with all the edits and name calling in the thread? Has blackdog been showing photos of something he shouldn't? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Feb. 22 2003,20:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Really nice and long awaited addon smile.gif, some things I would like to see:

-maybe make the wheels and white textures a bit darker

-like Kege said the windows would be nice to see from inside also

-windows are maybe a bit too bright

-and please a PK version biggrin.gif

This will be my new standard chopper for SpetzNaz insertions.

*EDIT*

Whoops forgot to ask, why the name in editor and game is Mi-2 NO? Is this some kind of an addon tag or is that the way it should be called?<span id='postcolor'>

hi N.o.R.S.u. smile.gif

This addon of Mi-2 chopper is really very nice.. and why Mi-2 NO - this addon is by addomakers from Russian site: Nashe Orujie. N=Nashe, O=Orujie. (from, this site is great Mi-26 by Stalker too). Nashe Orujie= in English Our Weapons biggrin.gif

ofp.fighter@quick.cz

ofp.info

smile.gif

Well, until Blackdog grows up, and can take things like a man, i guess i'll just have to stay out of his line of fire, eh? So long, all.

-Crew

Beautiful.Simple.Down-to-earth.Useful.

I love this chopper.A pure joy to fly and watch.I love the way the cabin feels so spacious, and the way you can actually see the outside world as you're flying in it, unlike the Blackhawk and MI-17 where there's not such a good view.

A few questions and observations :

-Is the sound used, the Kiowa sound?

-Are you going to release it in other liveries?

-The interior is maybe a little too clean, feels like the inside of a car.

-Some interior lighting would be nice,maybe red lighting

-There should be 32 rockets

-Is the red light on the tail boom functional? Because it looks bright red in daylight too

Excellent work so far!

wink.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Feb. 23 2003,03:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-There should be 32 rockets<span id='postcolor'>

True, but...

64 :]

On 4 pods, instead of 2.

Quite common loadout of Mi-2 was 4x UV-16-57 (16 rockets pod), mounted on pylons simillar to those from ingame Mi-17 (not so close to choper's chasis), but shorter by one pair of pods (which means two pods per side, not three as in Mi-17) :]

Other arnament used on Mi-2 which would be nice to see was AT-3 Sagger (loadout: 4x AT-3)

I would rather see lighter armed versions, like a door machine gun and one with the cannon in the pic I posted earlier, would be alot more useful than another "you can kill everything with it" chopper.

I agree with Kegetys there.

It's a great addon already, though. So far, the only problem I encountered was that parts of the main and rear rotor assemblies were painted in an ugly dark green, compared to the rest of the chopper.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Feb. 23 2003,04:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would rather see lighter armed versions, like a door machine gun and one with the cannon in the pic I posted earlier, would be alot more useful than another "you can kill everything with it" chopper.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree, but still you have to notice that...

~ AT-3 is old rocket, not powerfull to break nowadays armours. Let it be in game less powerfull than LAW (so it will be one or even two missiles to take out M113), then it will not be a counterpart for M1A1 and other modern stuff able to protect itself from air attacks... But will be good to take out light convoys :]

~ I am not completely shure about giving Mi-2 additional 32 uguided rockets too, but... this is rather a realism matter for me :]

~ Mi-2 wasn't so "light" as all of you are trying to make it :] As I see people are trying to make an AH-6 counterpart from it but it is not :]

~ Overall, these loadouts are only propositions. It would be just great to have 2-3 different loadouts in addon, while you can always choose less armed ones in some missions, and more armed ones in other missions.

~ Another version that would be good (and very commonly used) is an unarmed version :] with fuel-tanks mounted instead of arnament. Choppers "armed" like that were commonly used for transport, recon, logistic support and courier.

~ "You can kill everything with it" was the aim of all designers :]]]

BTW - could you provide me any info about the Mi-2 with cannon showed on picture? I do not have any materials about it, never seen this version sad.gif

Thanx in advance :]

I would like to see only three versions; the one we have now, one with PK and unarmed version smile.gif. Yes you can't compare AH-6 and Mi-2 but I think there's no reason to make this into heavily armed beast, that's why there's Mi-24, V-80 and Mi-28 (one is in the pipeline as far as I know) wink.gif.

I would also like to see a version with the 23mm cannon, would make it like a flying bmp-2 wink.gif

Here's a few pics where the cannon is clearly visible:

mi2urn.jpgmi2urnrak.jpg

I would place the Hoplite in the same category as the Huey. Production of bothe started in the mid 60s (which is not a real reason actually), and both had the same main purpose. Transport of relatively small squads with provided fire support. Also a lot of variants were build of both of them.

PSC

Any idea when the final version will be released?Haven't heard anything from the maker...Would be good to hear from him biggrin.gif

Those are some nice pictures kegetys... hold on I will upload the pictures that I put in the infamous 'i want an mi-2' post. wink.gif