Sign in to follow this  
Peanut

Mi-2 beta release...

LOL!

This is just degenerating into a bicker between 2 rival addon teams...lol...

Anyway, I think the NO MI-2 is great, and if you noticed, most people that posted on this thread also think it's great wink.gif

I don’t get it... how you can compare NO Mi2 which is already out and “flying†(even in beta stage) with 1 year old screenshot (not even alpha yet!!!wink.gif of Mi2 from different mod team?

Before you guys can show us what you done with YOUR Mi2, you critics didn’t make any sense.

To Airwolf.

Only those people who cant relise nothing saying that work from others is s#ck.

I didnt seen NOTHING from you relised. Only some screens. And if YOU want just take our Addon DOWN in eyes of OFP community then you such a liar that can only go and shout at people that WORKED hard day and night to bring this heli.

So what do we have?

NO has a 90% completed relise of MI-2(it will be relised soon)

and you have? just some screens maybe that you made in Photoshop( lol ).

For what you trying to make our addon unpopular?

dont you know that not all people having 2.5 GHZ machines with 500 RAM?

We are trying to make the addon that will run under EVERY system.

Look at OFP ORIGINAL models they have not too many cool things but they a re better then 90% of addons from other people. For example OH-58 or AH-64 has no animations but its a coolest and nicest heli from original ones.

So i advicing you to go and work and dont run around and shout your dirty words on people who WORKING.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Feb. 26 2003,19:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL!

This is just degenerating into a bicker between 2 rival addon teams...lol...

Anyway, I think the NO MI-2 is great, and if you noticed, most people that posted on this thread also think it's great  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

thanks those people who also think its good for a beta or even FIRST MI-2 addon can understand the work that was done.

In NO there is only 3 men.

Those 3 men doing the best they can for this time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Abrams @ Feb. 26 2003,19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thanks those people who also think its good for a beta or even FIRST MI-2 addon can understand the work that was done.

In NO there is only 3 men.

Those 3 men doing the best they can for this time.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't get discouraged Abrams. You have done a damn fine job so far on your Mi-2, and almost everyone here has said so. Korzon is not right to bash your addon when his (apparently) own Mi-2 has not even been released.

If you think then I have no right compare those two nonfinished addons before the second one is public - OK.

I have seen both of them, you have not, I could only convice you if Airwolf will release his addon. He will do it when HE DECIDE then it's ready. Airwolf PL is doing his addon himself only without any other addonmaker.

In my opinion Mi2NO is ready in 20 percent not in 90.

what I see without looking at p3d and script (I have no possibility)

1. no english readme

2. unrealistic choice of model - armed version was used only in Poland AFAIK

3. unrealistic weaponry

4. unrealistic model of weaponry

5. small number of LOD's I dont know how many but I suppose then one.

6. unrealistic position lights and main reflector

7. very poor window damage texture

8. internal model unrealistic and extremely simple

9. very poor quality textures of pilot pulpit

10. only 2 kinds of gauges on pulpit coded (artificial horisont x2 and another one)

11. very poor quality, unrealistic internal textures

Other problems mentioned by others on first 3 pages of this topic.

I hope then next version will be better. I'm happy to help you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Abrams @ Feb. 26 2003,20:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To Airwolf.

Only those people who cant relise nothing saying that work from others is s#ck.

I didnt seen NOTHING from you relised. Only some screens. And if YOU want just take our Addon DOWN in eyes of OFP community then you such a liar that can only go and shout at people that WORKED hard day and night to bring this heli.

So what do we have?

Look at OFP ORIGINAL models they have not too many cool things but they a re better then 90% of addons from other people. For example OH-58 or AH-64 has no animations but its a coolest and nicest heli from original ones.

So i advicing you to go and work and dont run around and shout your dirty words on people who WORKING.<span id='postcolor'>

Hey Abrams. Just a short post to thank you and your team for such a great addon.

I love the way it goes straight to the point. It's a really nice model, it's an absolute pleasure to fly and it has all the options we need. Straight to the point.

And on top of that I've been waiting for more Russian helos for a very long time. Specially small utility helicopters like this one. Can't wait for the new beta.

Maximum respect!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (korzon @ Feb. 26 2003,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you think then I have no right compare those two nonfinished addons before the second one is public - OK.

I have seen both of them, you have not, I could only convice you if Airwolf will release his addon. He will do it when HE DECIDE then it's ready. Airwolf PL is doing his addon himself only without any other addonmaker.

In my opinion Mi2NO is ready in 20 percent not in 90.

1. no english readme

3. unrealistic weaponry [is going to be fixed. this is a beta version, not the final weapons]

10. only 2 kinds of gauges on pulpit coded (artificial horisont x2 and another one)

I hope then next version will be better. I'm happy to help you.<span id='postcolor'>

I deleted all the irrelevant, untrue, and ones that he said over again with different wording smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you think then I have no right compare those two nonfinished addons before the second one is public - OK.<span id='postcolor'>

Of cause you have right to criticize it. I just sad when you start to COMPARE it, it make no sense, because we didn’t see (try) other add-on

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ Feb. 26 2003,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don’t get it... how you can compare NO Mi2 which is already out and “flying†(even in beta stage) with 1 year old screenshot (not even alpha yet!!!wink.gif of Mi2 from different mod team?

Before you guys can show us what you done with YOUR Mi2, you critics didn’t make any sense.<span id='postcolor'>

Hey don't try using logic with these kiddies - they obviously just want to dis this addon because they want to release their own version but were too slow.

They are just pissed off someone else beat them too it.

Anyone with eyes can see this is a great addon. Arguing about whther it is alpha or beta is just stupid.

If you were to take a poll I guarnatee everyone would say this is a good addon, and certainly a beta.

Anyway, I leave the addon fight to the kiddies with ants in their pants.

In the meantime i'm off to play with the great NO MI-2 chopper. smile.gif

They've been working on it for a whole year.

It better be better than the DKM RAH-66 if I/we waited that long....

Hehe...Well put OxPecker.... wink.gif

Was about to say something along the lines of that, but there you go...

Now let's start an argument about who meant it most, me or you, cos it would make as much sense as this "It's a Beta, no it's not it's an alpha, no it's not..." argument... biggrin.gif

P.S. the "let's start an argument" part was obviously sarcastic..lol..just in case.... tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Abrams @ Feb. 26 2003,21:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(...)

So what do we have?

So i advicing you to go and work and dont run around and shout your dirty words on people who WORKING.<span id='postcolor'>

I didn't released mine Mi-2 yet because it's simply not finished yet (but it's more finished than NO's Mi-2 and it was more complete even last summer when the screenshots were posted). Why? Because I can't allow myself to provide addons which SUX, and I don't like idea about public beta-tests.

You've to be really _not_wise_ to insinuate I've made those screenshots in Photoshop. Are you anxious or what?

Do you have any problems about those screenshots?

I don't trying to make your addon unpopular, I'm saying what I'm see. I'm making my addons as good as it's possible, and I'm expecting other addon-makers to release such good addons. I also said that I'll wait to say final word when the final version will be released. That's all.

I can't understand why you saying about hardware requirements too (I didn't said anything about adding lot's of details or scripts)

PS.: It's released not "relised"

I fully agree with Airwolf PL.

coming back to MI-2 NO

I mentioned detailed way what needs being reworked in Mi-2NO and if author want my feedback after next beta release I will send my comments.

When AirwolfPL will release his Mi-2 we could continue discussion about advantages and disadvantages of public testing, compare addons etc.

Till this time the discussion is useless and I will not reply to any messages containing personnal attacks or suppositions

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (korzon @ Feb. 27 2003,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In my opinion Mi2NO is ready in 20 percent not in 90.

1. no english readme

2. unrealistic choice of model - armed version was used only in Poland AFAIK

3. unrealistic weaponry

4. unrealistic model of weaponry

5. small number of LOD's  I dont know how many but I suppose then one.

6. unrealistic position lights and main reflector

7. very poor window damage texture

8. internal model unrealistic and extremely simple

9. very poor quality textures of pilot pulpit

11. very poor quality, unrealistic internal textures  

I hope then next version will be better. I'm happy to help you.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats more i like it now.

Well here is some answers:

1. There WILL be english and francias readme.

2. well here i cant tell you that 90% of addons in OFP and 90% of ORIGINAL models in OFP are unrealistic.

For example MI-17 its not real MI-17 its just MI-8 with 192 57mm rockets.

3. What do you mean unrealistic? 57mm rockets installed on MI-24 and other russian helicopters.

4. What do you mean please tell more about it and we will try to fix it.

5. I think it will be fixed

6. It will be fixed.

7. Why its poor?

8. And you think all having 2.4 + GGZ Pentium 5??

9. Its original MI-2 pulpit

10. There is 5 working.

11. you can provide better ones?

I have a final pre-relise of MI-2 on my computer just want to go and make samo screenshots

that starts to look like a bitch fight , all please stop it , this is a thread about NO's Mi2 , not Airwolf's one

korzon , airwolf , by behving like you do , you make a really bad press for you/your mod or whatever you represent , if you aren't satisfied with NO's Mi2 , just finish yours and then , ONLY then , compare it

personnaly i think that this helicopter fits nice in OFP

the textures , even if they look a little bit better are of equal quality to the BIS ones and the weapon loadout makes of this helicopter a nice alternative to the Mi17 and a good counterpart to the UH60

as pointed out before by Abrams , if you had to dispise and put done every addon that isn't realistic , you would have to do that for at least 90% of them

and i forgot : don't get too low or else moderators will jump on your back

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Feb. 27 2003,15:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that starts to look like a bitch fight , all please stop it , this is a thread about NO's Mi2 , not Airwolf's one

korzon , airwolf , by behving like you do , you make a really bad press for you/your mod or whatever you represent , if you aren't satisfied with NO's Mi2 , just finish yours and then , ONLY then , compare it

the textures , even if they look a little bit better are of equal quality to the BIS ones and the weapon loadout makes of this helicopter a nice alternative to the Mi17 and a good counterpart to the UH60

as pointed out before by Abrams , if you had to dispise and put done every addon that isn't realistic , you would have to do that for at least 90% of them

and i forgot : don't get too low or else moderators will jump on your back<span id='postcolor'>

i agree with Ran, This addon is nice... i dont see any agly things on it, textures match original models very good, very good job if you ask me smile.gif

Okay some like and some don't like this Addon I am Almost complitly neutral(make danish soldiers for LWP MOD) cause I havent played whit either one of these choppers but I dont like when people start shooting eachother like you guys do here. Okay it it a no finish chopper where somthings was good and somthings was not finish. So what about taking a break and wait fore the next release. maby you should close this threat and open a new one when the next come.

STGN mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Feb. 27 2003,03:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They've been working on it for a whole year.

It better be better than the DKM RAH-66 if I/we waited that long....<span id='postcolor'>

Well... almost everything is better than DKM RAH-66 (if we talking about how it looks - DKM RAH-66 has only nice scripts nothing more).

That was pretty mean! I thought it was fine, I liked the black one! Can't you stop critzing other peoples work?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Feb. 27 2003,16:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that starts to look like a bitch fight , all please stop it , this is a thread about NO's Mi2 , not Airwolf's one

and i forgot : don't get too low or else moderators will jump on your back<span id='postcolor'>

What? How we are behaving? I should ask Abrams how he behavies...

We can't have our own point off view and we should sit quiet or piss our pants like some other guys here because someone released an unfinished addon (what a suprise! :) ???

We are not even trying to compare this model with any other addon - we are only comparing it with the real thing.

We know those choppers and we can give some REAL constructive criticism.

It has nothing to do with the fact I'm working on the Mi-2 too (but I CAN SEE THAT IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO FOR SOME PERSONS HERE which persons are perhaps anxious for some reasons :///).

BTW - Another thing - of course you can say that that vehicles in OFP are not realistic too, but it's not an argument for me. If someone says their addon is as realistic as it is possible - I really expect it to be realistic and almost all those addons with 'aspirations' to be realistic addons - were realistic (BAS LittleBirds, Martin's UH-1, SEB Nam Pack Choppers, Black Baron's Cars etc.).

ok like i said here is some pics of new version its still has some bugs and it will be fixed.

1. On MI`s tail fixed textures and fixed night red light:

pre-relis1.JPG

2. Added glass but its not so good and it will be changed i think:

pre-relis2.JPG

Just a nice pic:

pre-relis3.JPG

p.s. All screens are not more then 77kb so its not against the rules.

If it is against moderators just remove IMG tags and it will be look like links.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AirwolfPL @ Feb. 27 2003,16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What? How we are behaving? I should ask Abrams how he behavies...

We can't have our own point off view and we should sit quiet or piss our pants like some other guys here because someone released an unfinished addon (what a suprise! smile.gifconfused.gif

We are not even trying to compare this model with any other addon - we are only comparing it with the real thing.

It has nothing to do with the fact I'm working on the Mi-2 too (but I CAN SEE THAT IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO FOR SOME PERSONS HERE which persons are perhaps anxious for some reasons :///).

BTW - Another thing - of course you can say that that vehicles in OFP are not realistic too, but it's not an argument for me. If someone says their addon is as realistic as it is possible - I really expect it to be realistic and almost all those addons with 'aspirations' to be realistic addons - were realistic (BAS LittleBirds, Martin's UH-1, SEB Nam Pack Choppers, Black Baron's Cars etc.).<span id='postcolor'>

Actually... Korzon did make direct comparisons to your Mi-2 saying that yours had better textures. I believe he made that statement several times. If this Mi-2 is an alpha then by that standard so are about 90% of all the "betas" released so far. Calling someone's beta an "alpha" is basically telling them that their addon is crap. It's insulting to the addon maker who worked really hard to release a usable beta to the community. If this upsets you then you and Korzon should go go rag on BAS and DKM or any other MOD team or addon maker for releasing addons with bugs and/or texture problems.

Also, people actually agree with you about the realism points... but don't worry about it. If people want more realism they can just download your Mi-2 when it comes out right? So don't sweat it. You'd get a lot more respect if you were generous to other addon makers by saying more kind words about their work even if they are making the same addon. When you are working on the same vehicle or unit as an other addon maker, it's usually more dipolomatic to let others point out all the bugs and stuff as others have indeed done very nicely and very respectfully. Abrams has responded to those bugs showing progress in fixing them. So I imagine that soon the Mi-2NO will be released with the bugs fixed and almost certainly it will get used in many missions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

well why Airwolf dont wanna go and tell some words about BAS MH-6 or any other addon from this great mod?

Dont you know that MH-6 is also having some bugs... so what a re you waiting for? go and tell them that you are coolest addon maker and you will like the Addon-Judge lol biggrin.gif

if you dont like our work just tell about it and tell us all bugs and we will fix but dont go and blaim on our work

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 27 2003,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AirwolfPL @ Feb. 27 2003,16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What? How we are behaving? I should ask Abrams how he behavies...

We can't have our own point off view and we should sit quiet or piss our pants like some other guys here because someone released an unfinished addon (what a suprise! smile.gifconfused.gif

BTW - Another thing - of course you can say that that vehicles in OFP are not realistic too, but it's not an argument for me. If someone says their addon is as realistic as it is possible - I really expect it to be realistic and almost all those addons with 'aspirations' to be realistic addons - were realistic (BAS LittleBirds, Martin's UH-1, SEB Nam Pack Choppers, Black Baron's Cars etc.).<span id='postcolor'>

Actually...  Korzon did make direct comparisons to your Mi-2 saying that yours had better textures.  I believe he made that statement several times.  If this Mi-2 is an alpha then by that standard so are about 90% of all the "betas" released so far.  Calling someone's beta an "alpha" is basically telling them that their addon is crap.  It's insulting to the addon maker who worked really hard to release a usable beta to the community.  If this upsets you then you and Korzon should go go rag on BAS and DKM or any other MOD team or addon maker for releasing addons with bugs and/or texture problems.  

Also, people actually agree with you about the realism points... but don't worry about it.  If people want more realism they can just download your Mi-2 when it comes out right?  So don't sweat it.  You'd get a lot more respect if you were generous to other addon makers by saying more kind words about their work even if they are making the same addon.   When you are working on the same vehicle or unit as an other addon maker, it's usually more dipolomatic to let others point out all the bugs and stuff as others have indeed done very nicely and very respectfully.  Abrams has responded  to those bugs showing progress in fixing them.  So I imagine that soon the Mi-2NO will be released with the bugs fixed and almost certainly it will get used in many missions.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

better worded than what i wrote tounge.gif

i agree 100%