Jump to content

Recommended Posts

All-in-One Single-Player Project

by

Leopard20

 

               

                                                                                                  All-in-one Single-Player Project

Short description: All-in-one Single-Player project is (at this time, will be) a collection of 3 separate addons that work in tandem to create the ultimate single-player experience.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Long description:

Hello guys.

 

I'm sure everyone agrees that the current state of ARMA single-player is not really playable (unless you're alone!). The AI are always a burden and hard to manage. Well, in this project, my goal is to change that.

 

This project will consist of 3 addons:

1. All-in-one Command Menu (Deluxe ver.): The improved and enhanced version of my old , dusty mod, All-in-one Command Menu which itself was basically an improved version of WW AI Menu by Windwalking.

2. ADDON #2 (WIP, ~10% Complete); ETA: mid September

3. ADDON #3 (WIP, ~60% Complete); ETA: early October

 

The other two addons are not "command menus" but something entirely different and crucial to the single-player game, and interaction with them will primarily be through All-in-one Command Menu. I will update this thread about the latest development status. Stay tuned!

 

 

All-in-One Command Menu

(Deluxe Version)

 

Current version: v1.0.2-Beta

 

                           ESn6_nZe2TpgxPbVbTFfWm5ZhCvwQztOE9YcAN5G

Some of you may have used, seen, or at least heard of my All-in-one Command Menu mod, which added many new capabilities to the vanilla AI.

When I started working on that mod, I was completely inexperienced in scripting, and the mod, despite its great feature roster, became a poorly optimized and buggy mess over time. So I decided to rewrite the mod from the scratch; updated the visuals, rewrote most features and added many new stuff. Without further ado, let's jump into the feature list!

Release Trailer:

 


Additional Screenshots:

Spoiler

1LBQjNKhTdjWayspC5TxSjKz1ExxV1yvvdaYCD3S

VJ4Wteg242Jv5CZqkg8S9UJ-XirJ8it-hb0w5Hu2

nkbgPgFS8TIpwkiQ4OFPGDov6H2NJ6hqEq8_gk8P

0aajupqUAbtF79wOT9zta3gwEQ9WLM1HPo-QXnul

XssosR3-OIJn333p_gDWHEhnB2dsLpmvKZ1asGv0

QOsZi4oGQkh5y1Nl5V8ixsAeI6NwAKe_qa125rVT

 

 

Feature Overview:

Spoiler

0. Customizability: Use CBA Settings to customize the mod.

1. Infantry commands and actions:

  1.1. Heal + revive + drag + carry wounded units (including full support for ACE Medical)

  1.2. R.O.E commands, such as Fire on My Lead.

  1.3. Complete set of stances for AI (including "intermediate" stances)

  1.4. Defensive options, such as take cover and fortification

  1.5. Opening unit's inventory at the desired object/position

  1.6. Weapons management, e.g. selecting a specific weapon, attaching suppressors, etc.

  1.7. Assembling and disassembling static weapons.

  1.8. Taking weapons from the ground or nearby vehicles/ammo boxes.

  1.9. Complete rearming + class-based rearm, e.g. AT soldiers take AT Launchers, Engineers take Toolkit, Demo Specialists take explosives and Mine Detector, etc.

  1.10. Planting explosives, with categorized explosive list (e.g. Explosive charges, AT Mines, Trip Wires, etc) + three fuse options for explosive charges (Auto, Manual, Timer)

2. Vehicle commands and actions:

  2.1. Mounting vehicles; also shows a list of available seats, and is significantly better than the vanilla version when mounting vehicles on top of objects (e.g. on a carrier or ship)

  2.2. Switch seat without restriction (e.g. mid-air!)

  2.3. Create driver (or pilot): directly drive/fly vehicles with an AI behind the wheels!

  2.4. A custom helicopter flight system with its own new pilot (called "super pilot") + loitering (including loitering UI) + cruising (including cruise UI) + landing + sling-loading

  2.5. Landing; including various landing options such as combat landing for quick insertion.

  2.6. Setting flight height

  2.7. Rearming + refueling + repairing vehicles

  2.8. Vehicle controls, e.g. turning on/off headlights and engine.

  2.9. Slingloading without the vanilla 'infinite spin' bug!

3. High Command functions:

  3.1. Recruiting + dismissing AI

  3.2. Creating support groups from your own units (e.g. CAS, Artillary, etc.)

  3.3. Monitoring squad units.

  3.4. Selecting squad leader.

4. Essential Cheats:

  4.1. Zeus

  4.2. Teleport

  4.3. Arsenal (Also supports ACE Arsenal)

  4.4. Adding Revivability to units (basically a 'custom' medical system)

  4.5. Quick heal up/repair

  4.6. Quickly adding ammo/items.

  4.7. Enabling/disabling fatigue

  4.8. Reduced damage system (NOT DISABLED!)

5. New waypoint UI

6. (Optional) Reorganized vanilla command menus + added icons and colors

 

 

What's new since All-in-one Command Menu classic:
This is a complete rewrite of the classic mod, so obviously there's so many changes. Here is some of the most important ones:

Spoiler

New Features:

  - Completely new design, with colorful icons to better recognize commands. Icons are also shown for vehicles, weapons, etc.

  - Many code optimizations here and there to improve the performance

  - (Optional) Reorganized vanilla command menus + added icons and colors. Remove the keybinding in CBA Controls panel to disable them.

  - New driver mode! Drive all land/sea vehicles directly with an AI behind the wheels!

  - New pilot mode (for helis)! A custom flight script which enables you to fly helicopters directly for the ultimate gunner/FFV experience! Includes new pilot (called "super pilot") + loitering (including loitering UI) + cruising (including cruise UI) + landing + sling-loading

  - New Waypoint UI

  - Tasking system; New commands do not override each other but rather are added to the unit's 'tasks' (think of it as 3D waypoint assignment). Check the waypoint UI to see all tasks (tasks: GREEN, waypoints: BLUE). Most functions have been rewritten to support the new tasking system.

  - Planting explosives, with categorized explosive list (e.g. Explosive charges, AT Mines, Trip Wires, etc) + three fuse options for explosive charges (Auto, Manual, Timer)

  - Overhauled medical system with revive, drag, carry, etc. actions + full support for ACE medical (basic)

  - Overhauled rearm: Rearm everything! Also added class-based rearming (e.g. AT soldiers take AT Launchers, Engineers take Toolkit, Demo Specialists take explosives and Mine Detector, etc.)

  - New landing modes

  - Essential cheats menu

  - Auto-medic (optional)

Improved:

  - The mod is no longer initialized in the main menu. (actually, many mods have this issue but the authors don't know/care about it. This can improve the launch time of the game a little bit)

  - The mod can probably run without CBA now (but you still need CBA to customize the mod). Didn't test it. I added this change after noticing some compatibility issues between CBA and the Contact DLC.

  - Unstick: The mod does its best not to throw units out of buildings when unsticking them! Also, vehicles are now placed on top of objects (e.g. roofs, etc.) where possible. Also, you can now unflip vehicles by pointing at them (without any units selected)

  - Mount: Units now move towards the vehicles before mounting them.

  - Take Cover: Units now take cover behind objects (i.e. away from enemy); if there is no enemy, they assume the player is pointing at one.

  - Medical (and some other functions): Medics/units can now move withing the 'bounding box' of objects (invisible barrier around objects which AI can't move into!).

  - Assemble: The mod automatically detects the weapon backpacks now! You can simply select all units! Also, you can assemble the backpacks if they're already on the ground! Also, the weapon is now assembled where you wanted it to (if possible) and exactly towards the direction you wanted

  - Disassemble: Units now take the correct backpack; for example, if there are many backpacks close to each other, they know which one was from the disassembled weapon!

  - Support groups: For helicopter supports (CAS and Transport), a helipad is added at the helicopter's position so it can land there again.

  - Prettier, Better and faster map selection (e.g. for mount, resupply, disassemble, etc.)

  - Improved the Taxi script using a recursive path generation function instead of the old trial and error method. The overall system is still buggy though and I need to rewrite it completely.

Fixed:

  - Fixed a bug in Zeus which caused the mod to throw errors in the main menu

  - Fixed multiple compatibility issues with C2 Beta.

  - Removed all unused event handlers to improve performance.

  - Many, many more bug fixes for the many functions that have been rewritten.

 

 

Notes (MUST READ):

Some of this stuff might be a little hard to grasp at first (but once you learn them you realize how easy and intuitive they were!). I'm very busy right now so I'll add a video tutorial by the end of this week. For now, try to make do with these!

Spoiler

 

0. The menu is opened by pressing 'Y' ('Z' on German keyboard) by default. You can change the control settings from CBA Controls Panel (OPTIONS > Controls > ADDON OPTIONS > All-in-one Command Menu). In addition, you can change various mod settings from CBA Settings Panel (OPTIONS > GAME > ADDON OPTIONS > All-in-one Command Menu)

1. Some menu items have an asterisk (*) mark next to them. This means they receive the position in two forms: 1. By pointing at a position in 3D world and selecting the command; 2. By opening the map first, then selecting the command and then clicking on the map. This is very important to remember!

2. To cancel a unit's task, simply order him back to formation or use the waypoint UI. Note that when a unit's task is canceled, he will continue doing whatever he was doing before (except for waypoints, in which case the unit will stop at the final position).

3. Using the waypoint UI:

    3.1. 'Undocking' the menus: Simply hover the mouse near the docked menu.

    3.2. Selecting units: There are three ways: 1. Using F1-F12 keys or NUMPAD keys. 2. Using the unit buttons. 3. By drawing a selection by holding Ctrl + left clicking on the map. To quickly select units using the unit UI buttons, simply click and drag the mouse over them.

    3.3. Placing WPs : Select the waypoint from the list and place it on the map by left clicking.

    3.4. Deleting WPs : Select delete mode, then either click on the waypoint or draw a selection by Ctrl + left clicking on the map to delete multiple waypoints at the same time. You can also right click on the waypoint and select 'Delete WP'.

    3.5. Confirming WPs : Either use the menu button or simply press 'Spacebar'. Note that when a waypoint is applied, it is added to the unit's task and can only be deleted, not modified (see below). Tasks are GREEN and WPs are BLUE.

    3.6. Modifying WPs : To change a waypoint's position, simply click and drag it. To modify its type or parameters, right click on it.

4. When using the explosive menu, you should select the trigger quickly because the unit starts moving to place the explosive as soon as you select the explosive from the list (i.e. the trigger or fuse is added later). Also, note that the Auto trigger means AI will blow it up himself when he sees an enemy near it (he should be closer that 300 m to the explosive), and the Manual trigger means an action is added to the player to detonate it by yourself.

5. Using the custom helicopter pilot system (Super Pilot):

     5.0. Controls: Hold 'W/S' for pitching (cyclic forward and back), Hold 'A/D' for banking (cyclic left and right), 'Q/E' to yaw (left and right pedal), 'Shift' to raise Collective, 'Z' ('Y' on German keyboard) to lower Collective.

     5.1. To enable/disable 'Super Pilot' mode, select 'Create Driver' from the Vehicle Commands; then select 'Super Pilot Mode' from the 'Pilot Settings' menu which appears at the top of the root menu.

     5.2. To enable/disable 'Cruise Mode', press 'Ctrl + W/S'. Cruise Mode means that the pilot will adjust the altitude himself and also tries to avoid objects. You can manually set the pitching degree by using 'W/S' (no need to hold).

     5.3. To enable 'Loiter Mode', either press 'Ctrl + A/D' (depending on whether the position is to your left or right) or use the Pilot Settings (note the asterisk * mark too! See Note 1) to manually set the loitering position. To adjust the loitering radius, use 'A/D' (depending on whether the position is to the left or right). To adjust the loitering speed, use 'W/S' buttons. To quickly cancel Loitering mode, press 'Ctrl + A/D' away from the center of rotation. A quick example (try to imagine this in your mind and look at the keyboard to understand it better): I want to loiter around a position to my left, so I press 'Ctrl + A' (left) to enable it. If I want to decrease the radius, I press 'A' because 'A' takes me to the left, which means closer to the center, which means decreased radius. When I want to cancel, I press 'Ctrl + D' (to the opposite side, which is right here)

     5.4. In both 'Loiter' and 'Cruise' modes, you can set the flight height quickly by pressing 'Shift' and 'Z'.

     5.5. Note that by default, landing, slingloading and resupplying functions use Super Pilot Mode, which is highly experimental at the moment and might be buggy. If you don't like it, Uncheck 'Auto enable Super Pilot' in settings (see Note 0).

6. To disable the custom vanilla menus, simply unbind their keys in CBA Controls Panel (OPTIONS > Controls > ADDON OPTIONS > All-in-one Custom Menus).

7. You can open the High Command Menu in two steps:

   7.1. Switch to high command (default: Ctrl + Space). If it doesn't work, open and close the AIO menu once

   7.2. Now open AIO Menu

 

 

Download:

GitHub

Dropbox

Google Drive

 

Installation:

Note: The name of the mod folder has changed! Please delete the old "@AIO_AIMENU" folder if you have the classic version.

Spoiler

 

1. Download the latest build.

2. Copy the contents of the .zip file to your ARMA 3 installation directory. If you don't know the directory, just copy the mod somewhere safe on your PC (e.g. Documents\Arma 3\Mods) and add this folder as a mod folder (called 'Watched Folders') in ARMA Launcher (OPTIONS > Launcher Options > MOD OPTIONS).

3. Activate the mod using one of the following methods:

- Add the mod using the ARMA Launcher (Recommended).

- In your ARMA 3 shortcut, add this line to the Target textbox: -mod=@AIO_SPPack;@mod2etc.

 

 

F.A.Q:

Spoiler

 

Q1. Does the mod work in multi-player/dedicated server environment?

A1. The mod is still in development. Due to large code changes, I can't test the mod under these environments right now. I'll probably add support for multiplayer after ADDONS #2 and #3 are released.

 

Q2. Will you upload the mod to Steam Workshop?

A2. Once ADDONS #2 and #3 are released and the mod is in a more presentable state, yes.

 

Q3. Why is ADDON #3 more complete that ADDON #2, despite later release date?

A3. I started ADDON #3 about a year ago, shortly after releasing my Tactical Satellite Feed mod. In fact, most of the stuff in the current All-in-One Command Menu mod were ported over from ADDON #3. But now I'm more excited about ADDON #2. It's going to be totally game changing (!) so I'll finish that one first.

 

 

Donation and Support:

If you like my mod and would like to support it, or you just want to buy me a drink, etc., you can donate on PayPal, or even better, become a Patron!

WXi1ZurNtVWAGdZm49pKxzIiJbpO84RldJ49P3L5qhzJEqvi4EdQx9cYSuc2s3kPOXXp2JiRGVyJ4FW4aq2WWHJTIRh5lZbJFc3ZuoRVpKKSKW_TWJP8EJS2GUmgzla5M7zbcBZD=w2400           Ycj_7DqbzPR-1zvPdJ_x3DptcTk-_uQxkfxMhN79mUwjEwQZFPDaJdEmMZwiLifQ-VNeGE6h-eFeWvDDlVAPGiuSfeUlLmzW8i14gDe7O3cn4iwOviLAvJxMxQuDb6K5FHFCRCATzA=w2400

 

 

Requirements:

Community Base Addons (CBA)

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great Leopard - whole lotta GUI button lovefest. And how dare you tease us with 2 unknown addons crucial to the SP experience?! We are Armaheads, not HalfLife 3 Monks, we have ZERO patience!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Looks great Leopard - whole lotta GUI button lovefest. And how dare you tease us with 2 unknown addons crucial to the SP experience?! We are Armaheads, not HalfLife 3 Monks, we have ZERO patience!

Thanks!

 

Well, those two addons are not finished yet. So I didn't want to give you any false hopes in case I don't make them the way I want them to be. So far they look good, but I might experience some issues down the road and make some compromises.

 

Don't worry though; as soon as they reach a presentable state (even if not release-ready) I'll keep you posted through some pictures and videos! 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulation on this release. I've been looking forward to this and I can't wait to try it out. It looks great and the new features sound very useful. With the lack of campaigns and missions that pertain to the type of operations that I'm most currently interested in (Cold War scenarios), I've been playing a lot of dynamic missions with selectable factions like Hetman War Stories and this sounds like something that will come in useful as far as giving me a bit more control of what's going on.  I'm looking forward to the new projects as well. Any chance of a simple overview of what you have in mind with those mods? In the meantime I'll try to contribute some useful feedback after I've spent some time with this new iteration of AIOCM. Thanks for all your hard work and for what you've contributed to the A3 SP experience.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scimitar said:

Congratulation on this release. I've been looking forward to this and I can't wait to try it out. It looks great and the new features sound very useful. With the lack of campaigns and missions that pertain to the type of operations that I'm most currently interested in (Cold War scenarios), I've been playing a lot of dynamic missions with selectable factions like Hetman War Stories and this sounds like something that will come in useful as far as giving me a bit more control of what's going on.  I'm looking forward to the new projects as well. Any chance of a simple overview of what you have in mind with those mods? In the meantime I'll try to contribute some useful feedback after I've spent some time with this new iteration of AIOCM. Thanks for all your hard work and for what you've contributed to the A3 SP experience.

Thanks.

 

Those two addons will add more capabilities to the AI. Making them follow orders better and more reliable during battle. Basically I'm creating a new AI. I don't mean like the current AI mods such as VCOM, TCL and ASR AI. I actually mean a NEW AI. ADDON #2 targets the player's squad and ADDON #3 is about teamwork between all squads on the map, plus more gameplay options. 

 

I'll post some videos and pictures when they reach a more presentable state.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

Thanks.

 

Those two addons will add more capabilities to the AI. Making them follow orders better and more reliable during battle. Basically I'm creating a new AI. I don't mean like the current AI mods such as VCOM, TCL and ASR AI. I actually mean a NEW AI. ADDON #2 targets the player's squad and ADDON #3 is about teamwork between all squads on the map, plus more gameplay options. 

 

I'll post some videos and pictures when they reach a more presentable state.

 

That sounds really awesome and I wish you luck with your efforts. I hope that your AI will incorporate some of the things that other AI mods have tried to include (sometimes to varying degrees of success) such as auto-rearming and auto-medic while mitigating problems that have crept into some of those mods such as units that are so aggressive that they abandon defensive positions or mission objectives and sometimes completely ignore orders. It sounds like a very ambitious project but from what I've seen you do so far, I believe that you might be able to pull it off. I'll be watching this thread with much interest. 🙂 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for then work mate, good to see someone looking after us singleplayer junkies 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Thanks!

 

Well, those two addons are not finished yet. So I didn't want to give you any false hopes in case I don't make them the way I want them to be. So far they look good, but I might experience some issues down the road and make some compromises.

 

Don't worry though; as soon as they reach a presentable state (even if not release-ready) I'll keep you posted through some pictures and videos! 😉


I hope that those are useful for High commanding units!

However I have found a bug: When I try to create a helicopter transport support unit, pop up an error and he doesn't create the support requested.
It happen even when I create a support requester module

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrStregatto said:


I hope that those are useful for High commanding units!

However I have found a bug: When I try to create a helicopter transport support unit, pop up an error and he doesn't create the support requested.
It happen even when I create a support requester module

Thanks for the report. Will check it out ASAP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns out it was just a typo! v1.0-Beta-Hotfix Added. Please re-download the mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re-downloaded but seem to still have the bug.

Another thing that I've found, when selecting the group members for creatings HC groups, when I click on Next, it goes on a blank menu, and can't go back

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MrStregatto said:

Re-downloaded but seem to still have the bug.

Another thing that I've found, when selecting the group members for creatings HC groups, when I click on Next, it goes on a blank menu, and can't go back

 

Are you sure? I'm sure I fixed it. Did you download the GitHub build (Hotfix version)? I also updated the Dropbox and Google Drive links. I think from now on I should add the version to the file to prevent mistakes like this.

 

Right. Will fix that one too.

 

Sorry about the bugs. That's the problem with 'complete rewrites'. 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leopard20 said:

Are you sure? I'm sure I fixed it. Did you download the GitHub build (Hotfix version)? I Also update the Dropbox and Google Play links. I think from now on I should add the version to the file to prevent mistakes like this.

 

Right. Will fix that one too.

 

Sorry about the bugs. That's the problem with 'complete rewrites'. 😞

Gosh I've re-downloaded the wrong file 😓

Don't worry for the bugs, it's normal and they aren't completely game breaking.

Keep it up with your works, and can't wait for ADDON #2 and #3 ! 💪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LSValmont said:

This is amazing Leopard! May I ask what were your complications in making this also MP compatible?

Primarily 3 reasons:

1. I need to find someone else to test this with who doesn't mind wasting some time just testing a mod! It may take a lot of time. I think I can convince a couple of my friends to do this with me though! 😉

2. I'm constantly adding stuff to the mod right now. So every time I make a change I probably have to test them in MP too.

3. I have zero experience in coding for MP (I know some basics though). Learning that one takes time as well.

 

That's why I'd rather complete the mod first then deal with this stuff later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the detailed answer! Indeed multiplayer scripting requires a lot more testing and also hosted vs. dedicated which is my main issue right now. Most of my MP scripts work perfectly on Hosted while behaving erratic on Dedicated. Seems like some MP commands are not working right or have become deprecated but the wiki hasn't been updated on that yet.

 

I will try and make some of your scripts fully MP compatible 😉 

 

It will take some time thou as I've uninstalled Arma until patch 1.96 due to the many issues (one of them being very low FPS) introduced by the new DLC.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Totem974 said:

I'm volunter to be beta tester !

This mod is exactly what I needed.

Thanks! I will let you know if I need someone for testing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New update is available:

 

All-in-one Command Menu (Deluxe) - v1.0.1-Beta

 

New
- You can now add Support Groups directly from other squads! Note that there's no backup feature for this one!
- Added group icons to high command lists

Fixed
- Fixed several bugs in the High Command menu

 

@MrStregatto BTW, you can go back by right clicking! I added it at first but then realized there's no need!

 

BTW, for new users, you can open the high command menu in two steps:

1. Switch to high command (default: Ctrl + Space). If it doesn't work, open and close the AIO menu once

2. Now open the menu

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Thank you for the detailed answer! Indeed multiplayer scripting requires a lot more testing and also hosted vs. dedicated which is my main issue right now. Most of my MP scripts work perfectly on Hosted while behaving erratic on Dedicated. Seems like some MP commands are not working right or have become deprecated but the wiki hasn't been updated on that yet.

 

I will try and make some of your scripts fully MP compatible 😉 

Thanks a lot. I could really use a hand on that one! 😉

 

2 hours ago, LSValmont said:

It will take some time thou as I've uninstalled Arma until patch 1.96 due to the many issues (one of them being very low FPS) introduced by the new DLC.

Yeah I'm getting lots of lag spikes as well (some parts of Livonia are just unplayable, also happening on other terrains with lots of vegetation, such as Chernarus , which were fine before)

 

Anyway I don't think I'm gonna be working on MP stuff by the 1.96 patch (dunno when it comes out, but I expect it to be at least one month from now?). So it's alright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Primarily 3 reasons:

1. I need to find someone else to test this with who doesn't mind wasting some time just testing a mod! It may take a lot of time. I think I can convince a couple of my friends to do this with me though! 😉

2. I'm constantly adding stuff to the mod right now. So every time I make a change I probably have to test them in MP too.

3. I have zero experience in coding for MP (I know some basics though). Learning that one takes time as well.

 

That's why I'd rather complete the mod first then deal with this stuff later.

 

While I understand the sentiment it might be worthwhile to complete one and code it for mp then finish the other 2. 

 

I ve done some testing on a sp mod that transitioned to mp and a lot of it is remote exec and locality issues that once you figure out once it will carry over to your future work saving having to rewrite and test all 3.

 

I guess what I'm suggesting the learnings from mod one will speed up mod 2 and 3s mp readiness.

 

Just a thought ...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

 

While I understand the sentiment it might be worthwhile to complete one and code it for mp then finish the other 2. 

 

I ve done some testing on a sp mod that transitioned to mp and a lot of it is remote exec and locality issues that once you figure out once it will carry over to your future work saving having to rewrite and test all 3.

 

I guess what I'm suggesting the learnings from mod one will speed up mod 2 and 3s mp readiness.

 

Just a thought ...

Thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps you're right. But right now I just want to finish the other two faster. I might not find enough free time for mod making past October. 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps you're right. But right now I just want to finish the other two faster. I might not find enough free time for mod making past October. 😞

 

I hear you.

Plus all the unexpected workarounds that become needed.

 

I'm no expert but what I learned is that for MP you have to be really cognizant of where stuff is executing in terms of locality and once you wrap your brain around what/where the engine wants it becomes much easier... 

 

So I'm told lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×