Sign in to follow this  
dutchsoldier

New official unit !

lol I did that, over half of them crashed into each other at first. Then sometimes when AI shot another. they would follow it to the ground and crash as the shot down plane crashes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Dec. 24 2002,18:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Heres a lil camel video.

Camel Video

(File will only be there for a short time)<span id='postcolor'>

lol, what program did you use to make that video?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hoz @ Dec. 24 2002,18:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thats a pretty cool video. how are you able to turn over so easily?

I love official addons too smile.gif

Hoz<span id='postcolor'>

With a joystick i would suppose - you roll very easy (perhaps too easy) with a joystick.

No, aircraft in Operation Flashpoint do not roll too easily.  It is just as easy to roll in real life.

Join my little club, Harnu.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(besides, the AUG isn't chronologically accurate either, but it still adds to the gameplay)<span id='postcolor'>

The Steyr AUG has been around since the 70's

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Creating this addon required almost no programming time, and only a moderate ammount of artist time<span id='postcolor'>

@ Suma

This is a fantastic addon, the quality level of the texturing is fantastic, the best yet. I really liked that the muzzle blast from the MG's is actually 'squished' by the turbulence from the propeller.

Back to my point:

If it took so little time to make this outstanding addon, why don't your artists spend more time improving all the old textures? The M60 (tank), the Cessna plane, the A-10, the T-72, and more all look crappy compared to what your artists can accomplish now.

I would love to see an official patch to all the old vehicles that would improve their textures and re-size them to a realistic scale.

See this thread. (thread on BTR-70, and appropriate scale, page 4)

Thanks for the gift, it is appreciated.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Dec. 24 2002,18:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Heres a lil camel video.

Camel Video

(File will only be there for a short time)<span id='postcolor'>

Hi All,

LOL What Music is that playing in the video???

could you send it to me if you have it?

send it to:snakeeyes0684@netscape.net

"Cheers" xmas.gifxmas.gifxmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Dec. 25 2002,07:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(besides, the AUG isn't chronologically accurate either, but it still adds to the gameplay)<span id='postcolor'>

The Steyr AUG has been around since the 70's<span id='postcolor'>

But the G36 was first developed in the nineties.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Dec. 25 2002,04:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, aircraft in Operation Flashpoint do not roll too easily. It is just as easy to roll in real life.

Join my little club, Harnu.<span id='postcolor'>

How come its the first flightsim ever to have that incredibly fast rate of roll?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Dec. 25 2002,04:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, aircraft in Operation Flashpoint do not roll too easily.  It is just as easy to roll in real life.

If you're using a Joystick or a Wheel then they do roll really easily.

The plane looks real good and is fun to fly.

Nice

smile.gif

Is there any ignore-function in this forum to ignore all these whiners that always whine more the more great stuff they get?

If not, that is something I would really like to have after reading this thread smile.gif

Anyway, you´re great BIS, keep up the good work smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mads bahrt @ Dec. 25 2002,10:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Dec. 25 2002,07:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(besides, the AUG isn't chronologically accurate either, but it still adds to the gameplay)<span id='postcolor'>

The Steyr AUG has been around since the 70's<span id='postcolor'>

But the G36 was first developed in the nineties.<span id='postcolor'>

G36a is for mulitplayer and single player missions, not for campaign missions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Dec. 25 2002,07:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Back to my point:

If it took so little time to make this outstanding addon, why don't your artists spend more time improving all the old textures? The M60 (tank), the Cessna plane, the A-10, the T-72, and more all look crappy compared to what your artists can accomplish now.

I would love to see an official patch to all the old vehicles that would improve their textures and re-size them to a realistic scale.

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

I would like to see old vehicles improved too. Especially the Blackhawk and Hind. I think that T72 and M60 and cessna look good enough, but Blackhawk looks like crap compared to Chinook, Apache or even Cobra.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Dec. 26 2002,04:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Dec. 25 2002,07:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Back to my point:

I would like to see old vehicles improved too. Especially the Blackhawk and Hind. I think that T72 and M60 and cessna look good enough, but Blackhawk looks like crap compared to Chinook, Apache or even Cobra.<span id='postcolor'>

I second that! Improved models would be great. I would even pay for them.

Valve Software has done a similar thing with Half-Life. They added a so called high definition pack to the HL expansion Blue Shift, which improved the look of many models in the original game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mads bahrt @ Dec. 25 2002,01:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Dec. 25 2002,04:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, aircraft in Operation Flashpoint do not roll too easily.  It is just as easy to roll in real life.

How come its the first flightsim ever to have that incredibly fast rate of roll?<span id='postcolor'>

It's a bit high, but not overly so.

There are planes in Real Life that have incredibly high roll rates. Going back to the pre-WWII Bücker Jungmeister biplane with ailerons on both the top and bottom wing, and today's aerobatic planes, many easily exceed 360 degrees/second of roll, and even 450+ degrees/second.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nyles @ Dec. 26 2002,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Dec. 26 2002,04:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Dec. 25 2002,07:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Back to my point:

I would like to see old vehicles improved too. Especially the Blackhawk and Hind. I think that T72 and M60 and cessna look good enough, but Blackhawk looks like crap compared to Chinook, Apache or even Cobra.<span id='postcolor'>

I second that! Improved models would be great. I would even pay for them.

Valve Software has done a similar thing with Half-Life. They added a so called high definition pack to the HL expansion Blue Shift, which improved the look of many models in the original game.<span id='postcolor'>

HD models would be nice. But always think in reverse here. All models can't be so great looking. The better it looks, the more it effects the gameplay. A lot of decals, colors, lots of polys, they aren't good for lower end computers. They'd be great for us people who do have good computers, but it would suck for those who don't.

And it's not what it looks like, it's what you can do with it. wink.gif

The good thing with Half-Life is/was that one could decide wether to use the pack or not. It was not mandatory to update to be able to join any server as the models are just client side. So, people with high-end computers were able to install those new models, but low-end users were not forced to slow down their system with them, on the other hand.

Maybe it would be possible to raise the lod-settings of vehicles and infantry even more. BIS already changed the ground-textures in Resistance and people with a fast PC can have great realistic looking ground formations like lots of hills and so on. Why should something like that be impossible for other objects in the game?

Well, let`s wait for the further developement of our beloved OFP-engine xmas.gif

For those who have NVIDIA-based video cards, you can use a program such as RivaTuner to apply a negative Mipmap LOD bias to get better-looking textures in return for a small video performance penalty.

Big roger that Sith! I haven't downloaded the Bi-plane but if your interested "giver". If not don't. Bis has stood by there product. What else do ya want. I'm gonna get it right now just due to the fact I wish to see. Ole IL2 player. I would like a real dog fight in OFP engine just to check it out.

GJ BIS.

Powerhour

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Dec. 25 2002,22:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">G36a is for mulitplayer and single player missions, not for campaign missions.<span id='postcolor'>

Play Red Hammer. You use the G-36 in that campaign.

Who gives a damn about whether or not it was made in nineteen eighty five. Of course, it would be nice if they left it out of the nineteen eighty five-based campaign. The problem with the G-36 is the damage value (it kills in one shot every time no matter where it hits even though it is the same caliber as the M-16).

Agreed. If I hate one thing on OFP it is the inconsistancy with weapon damage values. A 7.62x51 should be more lethal than a 5.56x45 round. Furthermore every weapon that uses such a round should do the exact same damage. The difference should be in accuracy, sights, firemodes, rate of fire and ammo capacities, not in damage. Period.

If one would be so genuine and tell me why I should use a G3 (not G36) in favour of a M16 in OFP? Currently, the weapon has ten rounds less, but sometimes appears to be even less powerful. I mean, wts?

In my oppinion, the new Remington 700 bolt-action sniper rifles for the Resistance has the exact right damage for a 7.62 round. Current MG's are so damn underused at the moment. Sure, they still have lots of ammo, but the fact alone that you can't use a launcher and the MG renders these weapons useless for Multiplayer and mostly even SP. Up the damage and there will be a fair and balanced TRUE machinegun. A weapon, people will try to evade when opposing; A weapon capable of pinning even human players. Right now, any human machinegunner will fire off several rounds without hitting me before I place a well aimed single shot from any rifle to his head. Machinegunners need to be lucky. It's more a close-combat weapon than a suppressing fire weapon.

Ahhhh well... sad.gif