Sign in to follow this  
dutchsoldier

New official unit !

And here comes my thanks:

Thanks BIS xmas.gif Very nice model.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 21 2002,10:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Had great fun with the BIS present  biggrin.gif

Dogfight and performance is great. The thing is really hard to fly in 1st person view.

Only thing I wondered about were the grenades listed in my gear, but not dropable from plane. That would rock !

As it is still BETA I wont hang my hopes out of the window  wink.gif

I had great fun landing at a hill side turning around with the rudders and hopping into air after another 10 m´s  xmas.gif

Thx BIS !<span id='postcolor'>

press spacebar once, and u can drop grenades tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ Dec. 21 2002,11:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">side by side<span id='postcolor'>

OMG, that picture really made me wet my pants, and then I dont mean the the scary kind of wetting, but the kind of creamy orgasmic wetting....  wink.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

Shit, I really love those old aicrafts... That pic is just too beatiful for a (even if not fanatical) WW1 airwar fan to just pass by **saves it to harddrive**

whoooaaaaa,

****grabs the joystick and fires up OFP for a flight****

I just made a dogfight mission with these bad boys pitting the West version against the East version (for those of you who haven't realized it, there is an East version). Stick 4 on each side in flight and with "seek and destroy" waypoints heading towards each other. Then put yourself as a passenger "in cargo". Prepare yourself for a really wild ride and a wicked air battle. It looks so cool watching the planes attack each other. I even saw one friendly fire incident where of my guys was shooting at a east biplane and one of our other pilots flew right across his line of fire and I saw the rounds smack the pilot followed by a "Cease Fire" call on the radio...but it was too late as our fellow aviator dived into the ground. Flying against the East camels it's also a real challenge dogfighting. I can only imagine how much fun it would be playing against real players!!! I hope someone makes some good dogfight servers or that this addon spurs on efforts to make a WWI mod. Hats off to BIS. I normally would be pissed off at them for not instead releaseing a modern addon, but this Camel biplane is just too fun and the pilots look awesome as well. If anything the camel pilots can be used with other airplane addons such as unofficial WWII aircraft addons because the leather helmet, goggles, and leather flight jacket look fairly similar to what WWII pilots wore. So this addon is far from useless and is just a lot of fun!

Thanks BIS.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mads bahrt @ Dec. 21 2002,13:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone know a server that has been updated with the new missions?<span id='postcolor'>

Try the SES server: 217.10.140.200:2302

Password: ses (the server's open to the public)

The pilots can also be used in a present day scenario - for resistance or as a civil aviator.

This thing is awesome!!! The cockpit is great too. I'll be adding this to my "Battlefield" mission just for kicks... new objective, steal historical airplane from airport. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ Dec. 21 2002,12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shows that BIS never lacks the imagination to make something really useless mad.gif

They could just as well have created something USEFUL!

It´s like the fire department coming to extinguish a house fire, then they use their fire hoses to start a pool party!!!

And the crying children who live in the house look on in horror, and their parents wonder why they pay TAXES! mad.gif  mad.gif

Oh and merry xmas BIS xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh shaddup. This is a very nice addon! Just becuase you may not like it doesn't mean it's crap!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr ThunderMakeR @ Dec. 21 2002,05:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I doubt this is a "harbringer of things to come".  One of the BIS modellers probably had the itch to make it<span id='postcolor'>

This is what annoys me.

You would think that nobody wants new Russian or NATO vehicles, weapons or troops.

Other than add a post to the stunt thread (where dod it go?), what's the Sopwith Camel good for? sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Dec. 21 2002,05:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">REQUIRED:

=========

ORIGINAL VERSION OF OPERATION FLASHPOINT AND OPERATION FLASHPOINT: RESISTANCE.

Version 1.90 or newer (including 1.91beta).<span id='postcolor'>

Kermit sighs.

It looks pretty good.  I've been a Great War aircraft fanatic for a long time.  However, whyever the fuck is Resistance a requirement?  Are they being greedy, or did they do this soley to spite me?  That must be it.  They want to spite me.

I suppose I am biased, being so obsessed with flying and all, but I feel that this is a good add-on in spite of it's apparent irrelevance to the era in which the game takes place.  It is military, and that is what is important to Operation Flashpoint (besides, the AUG isn't chronologically accurate either, but it still adds to the gameplay).  I'd be gushing about it right now if I could only use the damned thing.

If my opinion is worth anything, I would like to add some constructive criticism to this cool add-on.  I would suggest removing passenger capabilities in the final version.  The real plane could not take two or three people.  It might manage with two, but it would barely fly, and where the two passengers now stand there is nothing to support weight.  The men would rip right through the wing.

Complaints aside, THANK YOU FOR MAKING SUCH A BEAUTIFUL AIRPLANE!  It's an excellent thing to release for Christmas.  Not only is it very pretty, it seems quite accurate.  Please, pretty please let me fly it with version one point four six?  I would be very very happy if I could (in fact, I promise to stop complaining about all the other add-ons if it happens).<span id='postcolor'>

If you liked this game at all you would go get the upgrade. They have done alot of work on ofp for us! Think of other games that make you pay for tons of addon packs. Thats why I will NEVER but a game like this http://www.ebgames.com/ebx....20Games I bought one version of it and liked it, but they are nuts if they think I am going to get a game that you have to buy a new version of it every 6 months. Or how about the SIMS, hahahaha, they can kiss my A$$ too.

biggrin.gif  Oh yeah, if they take out the passenger capabilities in the final version, I will have to hunt you down and hurt ya  wink.gif  This plane takes off with ease too. Out of all the planes, I dont see why people have a problem with it on take off. If you have a mouse, lower the dot about one 1 inch from the start. From there all you have to do is hold down E, or what ever you have for fast button, and the plane will take off on its own. I also love the no radar bit  biggrin.gif

Hey BIS , how about a civ version....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sopwith Camel good for?<span id='postcolor'>Well it sure has a funny name tounge.gif Other then that we have 100000 military addons allready. im glad BIS made the camel, but next time please make a donkey! xmas.gif

whats the military name for this plane? does it have something before Sopwith camel?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R71 @ Dec. 21 2002,17:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Out of all the planes, I dont see why people have a problem with it on take off. If you have a mouse, lower the dot about one 1 inch from the start. From there all you have to do is hold down E, or what ever you have for fast button, and the plane will take off on its own.<span id='postcolor'>

I think its only people (me included) with joystick that had problem with getting it of the ground. As Araon informed me taking of with a joystick is a bit different from taking of with keyboard/mouse. I dont have any problem getting it of the ground now.

Guest BratZ

Wow great addon BIS!!!! Thanx and Merry Christmas to you too.

I havent tried the new Biplane yet (ver 1.90+ req)

But WTH and thanx

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Dec. 21 2002,17:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr ThunderMakeR @ Dec. 21 2002,05:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I doubt this is a "harbringer of things to come".  One of the BIS modellers probably had the itch to make it<span id='postcolor'>

This is what annoys me.

You would think that nobody wants new Russian or NATO vehicles, weapons or troops.

Other than add a post to the stunt thread (where dod it go?), what's the Sopwith Camel good for? sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What is it good for? Its good for fun duh. biggrin.gif

And someone said something about the rudder not working in air.  Thats one of the things that has bugged me about OFP from the start.  Its a real pain to do strafing runs with out a proper working rudder.  I doubt it will be something that is fixed though, maybe in OFP2....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Dec. 21 2002,16:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr ThunderMakeR @ Dec. 21 2002,05:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I doubt this is a "harbringer of things to come".  One of the BIS modellers probably had the itch to make it<span id='postcolor'>

This is what annoys me.

Other than add a post to the stunt thread (where dod it go?), what's the Sopwith Camel good for? sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It's fun. wow.gif

I'd much rather have a cool plane like this, than have BMP3 or whatever else you want. And there are a lot (admitedly, the west to east ratio is a tad uneven) of soviet addons out already.

They probably made this to showcase the AI's new dogfighting capabilities. Then, when they fix the heli's AI ( wink.gif ) BIS will release a *insert old helicopter here*.

tounge.gif

Gameer xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what's the Sopwith Camel good for? <span id='postcolor'>

Dogfighting! W/O AA missiles on official jets, it's really a ^&&@$ to dogfight. With these it's great! I just was playing on the desert island. 15 east 15 west. Man that's one hell of a dogfight I had! Took out 3 easts and was able to shake a couple off of me!

This is fun as hell! I love it!. And I've found a place in it for the missions I'm going to be making tounge.gif

I LOVE YOU BIS!!! biggrin.giftounge.gifxmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ Dec. 21 2002,15:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mads bahrt @ Dec. 21 2002,13:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone know a server that has been updated with the new missions?<span id='postcolor'>

Try the SES server: 217.10.140.200:2302

Password: ses (the server's open to the public)<span id='postcolor'>

just make sure that your custom face is under 40k

Kermit cries some more.

R71, if you want to know why I will not buy Resistance, then do a search for my posts. Nearly all of my recent ones have been complaining about it, I'm afraid.

Am i the only one that ges my ass spanked by the MG's in that SP mission. I'll make my first run, go to turn around, and on the second run they blast the fart out of me. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Dec. 21 2002,22:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">R71, if you want to know why I will not buy Resistance, then do a search for my posts.<span id='postcolor'>

I did, and all I have to say to you is....................... Shut up! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Dec. 21 2002,21:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Am i the only one that ges my ass spanked by the MG's in that SP mission. I'll make my first run, go to turn around, and on the second run they blast the fart out of me. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

no, they are lethal i agree, they get me within a minute of the first strafe