Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

I've noticed on your progress report that your using the BIS M16/M203, will you be changing this for one of the more detailed versions when you release your mod or will you be sticking with it.I can only reiterate what GoOB  said about the terrain.I've been to the falklands and it looks good to me....I always thought it was a once in a life time journey but when your mod is released it looks like i'll be going back, at least virtually  biggrin_o.gif .

We were only using the BIS M16 etc temporarily as they were a low priority.. However I'm sure you'll be pleased that Kiwi has done a bloody brilliant job at recreating them from scratch biggrin_o.gif

Scooooore!!  biggrin_o.gif

To save me from saying it again  smile_o.gif

What he said....

And so that I don't need to repeat what i said in the other topic:

Bloody 'ell...... crazy_o.gif

Been away from the forums one day, and suddenly this beaut is released wow_o.gif

Outstanding work Falklands team. About time the Brits got a decent attack chopper.

Can't wait to take it home and wreck havoc on those Sovjet tank formations tounge_o.gif

Me like it long time tounge_o.gif

That's the first landie I've seen that looks like what I think a Landie looks like.  smile_o.gif

sad_o.gif

PM me a link to another? The DKM one I have looks like a 4x4 - which may or may not be accurate, but it just doesn't fit the image of what I think a Landie looks like. This Landie looks like the kind I'll have when I get my ranch in Namibia. wink_o.gif

@hellfish;

Shame on you!!;

http://www.project-ukf.com/downloads/UKF_land_rovers_v1.0.rar

Although the landies made by PUKF or different from the one posted here.

On-topic;

Great looking laro (we dutch call them laro's)!!

I think I haven't posted about the news about the release which is comming; Very nice job!! I love to this mod and I would like to thank you for all those months and years of working on this mod. I'm looking forward to it!

PM me a link to another? The DKM one I have looks like a 4x4 - which may or may not be accurate, but it just doesn't fit the image of what I think a Landie looks like. This Landie looks like the kind I'll have when I get my ranch in Namibia.  wink_o.gif

The DKM land rover is correct. Its not the same model as this one Falklands has made (which is very sexy). The DKM landie is a special Lightweight version.

Yep you guessed it there are at the moment 3 different ages of landrovers available, ours being the oldest (at over 20 years what do you expect)

DKM's Lightweight, or Airportable to give it it's correct name as it's not much lighter than the standard model, just easier to strip down for air transport, may be the oldest as it could be a Series IIa, I can't remember if the headlights are in the grille or in the wings, if they're in the grille then it's a Series IIa, if they're in the wings then it's a Series III although I have heard that some Series IIa's were later fitted with Series III parts by the army as that's what they had available so it could be either. It's amazing the useless trivia you can pick up trawling through Land Rover websites looking for reference pictures  wink_o.gif

The Land Rover evolution:

1948-58

Series 1

1958-71

Series II & IIa

Series IIa Lightweight

1971-84

Series III

Series III Lightweight

1984 onwards

Land Rover 90 (known as Defender 90 from 1991)

Land Rover 110 (known as Defender 110 from 1991)

Latest military version of the 90 & 110, as seen in Iraq, the "Wolf"

Anyway enough of my off-topic ramblings and on with my praising of the Falklands work:

Fooking A!  blues.gif  blues.gif  blues.gif

You've even managed to make the grille look like it's made out of horible brittle plastic and could crack if you stared at it hard enough, just like the real ones biggrin_o.gif

Any news on the Updated Sea Harrier? It's been since November that you 1st announced it with updated scripts, etc. Is it gonna come with the finished mod...or will a new version be released till then?

Any news on the Updated Sea Harrier? It's been since November that you 1st announced it with updated scripts, etc. Is it gonna come with the finished mod...or will a new version be released till then?

I know. I want to know too, that harrier looks cool! biggrin_o.gif

Been a while scince our last update, so here are a few screenshots of what we have been working on recently.

First up is our Argentine LVTP-7:

lvtp1s.jpg

lvtp2s.jpg

lvtp3s.jpg

lvtp4s.jpg