Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

Yeah Pebble is being done..

In fact in Trailer 1 we kinda tried to recreate it with all the Pucaras being blown up and stuff.. It was drastically overdone but we liked it wink_o.gif

And of course it's reverse extreme conditions...

I.e.. Hot not cold which is the topic of the conversation wink_o.gif

Actually, not many humans can live in death valley, hence the name. The temeratures are extreme.

funny that... i stayed there for a week in this lovely hotel in the middle of it... i'm doing fine thankyou... they're extreme, but nothing other places in the world don't see (egypt etc)

granted... sleep outside in your birthday suit, then you may have a problem, otherwise, i think the name does overhype it... not many plants and animals can live there - hence the name - humans have the amazing ability to wear warm clothes when its cold, and buy air conditioning when its hot biggrin_o.gif

anyways...

yeah, like ash said - the first trailer is a nice little reinactment of pebble island... and to be fair, its one of the most famous events during the conflict, so it would have to be included smile_o.gif

Nice to to progress is nearing its last lap and it looks like a lap of honour maybe required after  biggrin_o.gif

Many reasons why us brits want this mod and here is just seom of them.

reason 1.

It was the first conflict I remember on tv as a child involving our forces and our boys doing rather well at something.

reason 2.

Many say Maradona is one of the all time greats, sadly his achievements will always have a shadow with us England fans.  My Father (was a tight git) saved his pennies and got a ticket for this game in Mexico.  Lets say he came back a changed man cuz of one sawn off runt.

_38421485_maradona101.jpg

biggrin_o.gif   Love you Argentina really!!!

LOL ASH (comment below) YES PLZ, Diego's face is a must, not that Im saying for one minute shooting hmi in the face would bring pleasure, a grenade maybe wink_o.gif

We'll have to put diego's face on one of the conscripts then wink_o.gif

heres a few "non news" (hence no beta tags ect)screenshots, took during trial runs of the argie invasion of port stanley smile_o.gif

rm1.jpg

rm2.jpg

rm3.jpg

rm4.jpg

rm5.jpg

@ Feb. 28 2005,14:17)]We'll have to put diego's face on one of the conscripts then  wink_o.gif

You do not dare dis-respect maradona or else .... mad_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Messiah, Ash et al,

My bad - if I'd bothered to read the thread from the beginning I'd have seen the references to Pebble Island right the way back on page 1. I foolishly leapt to the conclusion that "not modelling West Falkland" implied not including any of the islands to its immediate north. Thanks for the correction!

Shame my photo albums and vids are back in the UK. In the course of my 9(eek!) tours Darn Sarf I used to help out with the heli-borne versions of the Battlefield Tours for instructional purposes. Might've been of some use to you.

That is a shame as I'd like to have seen them... sad_o.gif

same... could have been extremely useful as well as interesting

I'm really excited for the release of this mod. IMO it is the perfect conflict to replicate in OFP. The weapons are evenly matched, no armor or complicated terrain to create an abundance of lag. I think that the flat terrain will lend itself perfectly to a game experience with little lag for those of us with lower end computers. The Falklands was a very interesting war and I regard it as one of the last true infantry wars without alot of fancy gadgets. I can't wait till this comes out as it will certainly have a special place on my HD. Untill then I'll just have to go back to iceland island and the modified Malvinas units I have for private use.

I can't wait to try out some of your SAS troops on a recce around Stanley.

@ Feb. 25 2005,03:41)]
Are the Argies going to be playable? Will your mod come with MP missions (co-op, CTF, DM, etc?)

The campaign will be played from the British side only I'm afraid.

MP missions will be mainly focused on Co-op although we'll probably throw a few dm, ctf missions in as well.

Well... if you need help with missions, lemme know.

Oh man!

This Argentine LVTP-7 looks absolutely fantastic!!!

I wish you guys could show us all one more time that the Falklands Mod is not only one of the greatest OFP mods, but it's also the most generous and sharing mod in the entire world... by releasing another "seasonal gift" - that LVTP-7.

Is that too much to ask? Lots of players - from Vietnam Era to USMC fans would appreciate that very much...

Anyway... Best wishes!

Congrats, Kevbaz and the whole FLK team! When I looked at the first screenshot, I thought it's a demonstration photo first, then when I scrolled down I realised that it's OFP! wow_o.gif

Now you only have to use Llauma's or another sky than the original one, and it will look absolutely fantastic! I also like the grass textures very much. icon14.gif

We currently have an opening in the team for a musician to create a good soundtrack for the campaign.

If you feel you have the qualities and would like the opportunity to work with a great team, get in touch with me.

what kind of music are you looking for: rock, heavy etc.? I could interested in making music for you... wink_o.gif

Atmospheric instrumentals. Nothing heavy..

@ Mar. 07 2005,12:45)]Atmospheric instrumentals.  Nothing heavy..

I can make some if I can make some time free wink_o.gif