Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

hello. I've been reading Land of fire by Chris Ryan and wondering if your guys are planning to make a Tierra del Fuego map rock.gif If not i can understand but it would make some interisting campaigns smile_o.gif

when reading a chris ryan book, take it with a pinch of salt wink_o.gif

can do wink_o.gif what you ever you mean by that rock.gifsmile_o.gif

sorry... british expression... basically meant in this context that you shouldn't believe everything thats written in a chris ryan book....

anyways, was more of a joke than anything else and vastly off topic - sorry ash tounge_o.gif

I dont belive it, made up story with SAS coolness to it.

Is that the one where the SAS used a Sea King to attempt to infiltrate an Argentinian base on Tierra del Fuego, blow some stuff up, then escape to Chile?

I thought I'd heard that the operation was botched, but that it did actually happen.

Yes, but in Ryan's book, they have the survivor of the operation returning to the airbase 20 years later to foil another attempt by the Argentines to capture the islands once again.

It's a good enough read, but Ryan's fiction has got worse over time in my opinion. (Maybe I can just see through the BS now I'm no longer a 12 year old...)

Anyhow, enough of Chris Ryan. wink_o.gif

hello. I've been reading Land of fire by Chris Ryan and wondering if your guys are planning to make a Tierra del Fuego map rock.gif If not i can understand but it would make some interisting campaigns smile_o.gif

I proposed this a while ago actually.. Dunno we'll see if we have the time or not..

I think you lot are talking about Opertaion Mikado and the proposed raid on the remaining Exocet threat at Tierra del fuego..

There were 3 plans outlined...

1. SAS patrols inserted via Helicopter or submarine on the Argentine mainland to establish covert OP's, they would observe the Exocet carrying Super Etendards and give sufficient warning to the task force.

2. A Bombing raid on the airbase by Harrier or Vulcans.

3. SAS dropped by parachute or by a TALO (tactical ar landing operation) via 2 C-130 Hercules, they were to attack and destory the Super Etendards and capture or kill the pilots.

In the end they chose a recce option but the Sea King helicopter never touched down as it was bumped near the location.. They purposely crash landed it in Chile..

Good job they never attacked as they later found out that they would have been vastly outnumbered..

The book is actually quite interesting.. Especially how they try and re-invade again... smile_o.gif

All has appeared quiet....

Heres why we have indeed been very busy...

Nice Sunset shot....

OFP1233.jpg

A Visually Enhanced image, atmospheric.

OFP1237.jpg

HMS Endurance (Mine and Footmunch's work)

OFP1239.jpg

OFP1241.jpg

King Edward Point (South Georgia)  - Post Office

OFP1243.jpg

Two famous ships, neither are afloat today...

Both in Beta textures

OFP1244.jpg

Guys....those are some of the most mind-blowing screen shots I have ever seen. HMS Endurance is the most beautiful looking ship addon I've seen yet. I love the Conveyor and Canberra. South Georgia is looking REAL hot too. I can't wait to see all these beautiful things on my system.

GOOD WORK!

love it, brilliant models, but not too sure bout the land textures, looks kinda dodgy

oh man, thats unreal! and you made this? totaly awesome...

finaly i saw how it look's in-game! smile_o.gif heh! i see shefield class destroyer in 1st picture and in another maybe some fregate...

no words  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

and how much you need to work more?

MOD beta comming soon?

On your site, you need update progess reporting when some changes... but maybe you are too bussy smile_o.gif

P.S. Please, feed us(comunity) with more fastinating pictures

I agree with Spearhead, perhaps the land textures are a little off, but other than that - awesome work! Can't wait for the next release biggrin_o.gif

Those ground textures are based on a rough volcanic landscape with snow starting to settle, but not in deep enough amounts to cover the area completely at sea level.

I am not an expert with texture but it is the best I have been able to do and when actaully in game it looks quite good.

Ground textures look good to me. OFP isint the best to support realistic terrain anyways. Can't wait to walk around on the islands.

Nothing wrong with those ground textures. And I love that post office! And everything else, ofcourse. Maybe something to make the houses melt together with the ground more... Hard to explain but it feels (like mostly in OFP) that they are toys placed on a rug or something... Ack, who am I kidding, this must be the most awaited and coolest mod in OFP history.

Is that the final version of your SLR that squaddie is holding

in one of the screenshots?   rock.gif

And will there be a "Brian Hanrahan" addon to "count them

all out and count them all back again"?   smile_o.gif