Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

I still can't believe an unpaid, untrained and previously non-skilled team ever managed to pull this off.

Really is quite an amazing achievement. I think perhaps now you need to open up all the included data and information and throw the whole thing to the community and allow them to port it to ArmA so you can take some serious time off.

Sorry to say but anyone caught porting this over to Armed Assault without permission will be dealt with accordingly, some addons are even restricted for flk use, ie we couldn't modify them either, and if you pass them over to Armed Assault get a lawyer.

Some of the Falklands team have indicated  willingness to port over what we can to ArmA and will be rebuilding a fair bit too.

This will mean new members will be required etc, but that will be when we are ready and not before.

However do expect the Falklands team to continue work on Falklands - OFP for the moment, much depends on any faults that we have missed and other stuf that just cant make the 2nd April deadline realisticly (believe me there is lots that can not make it)

Cb.

Release should be around 8pm, a few of hours later than hoped, but some missions need more tweaking and the guy is at work till 6! (also gives me time to get a readme sorted)

Final file size when rar'ed will be around 300mb, with around 50mb of external addons (this will be provided in a seperate rar, as well as individual links to ofp.info)

Whoaa what a nice news to hear that u are gonna release this one today. I was almost sure that u gave up but luckly I was wrong. I havent seen Falkland war in any other game so far so this can be rly new exciting endeavour.

A small hiccup to the schdule...

I forget to add the time its going to take to upload to our server...

Hopefully before midnight...

I hope you have a good bandwidthlimit, otherwise you might want to send the link to newssites first so they can mirror the file before release wink_o.gif

Too bad the computer that can run OFP has decided to go broke right when the mod I was most looking forward to is about to be released sad_o.gif

Apparantly its got a very high bandwidth so thats not the problem, jsut my upload limit of 25k causing me stress now, although it means I cant do squat until its up (a wee bit of rest)

This has been a long time in the making, eh?

Hit a major technical issue...

Its finaly uploaded, and earlier I was advsed that the URL etc would be provided so it could be accessed externally...

However...

Since its taken longer than exected to upload the guy who knows the public URL I think is now asleep.

There is an updated readme (Yes I was given more to put in after the upload had been going for an hour) which will be seperate.

I cant do much about the main files until daylight, they are sitting there ready, and then I hope he is awake before I have to goto work.

Worst case its after 4pm Uk time before it gets out.

Sorry guys but this is the first time I have released anything this big and its sort of caught me out..

Your not the only ones gutted, I took the day off work for this, but have to go in no matter what tomorrw.

Downloading it now at 4 Meg a sec.

That's how keen I am.

Many thanks for this one. Have been looking forward to trying it for a few years now.

Hey all just kind of stumbled into this thread.Any planned release for ArmA? Also any videos on this mod released.Looks very interesting.

To the staff making this mod.THANK YOU notworthy.gif