Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

Same here Duke, I think the 80s theme is just the best thing for Flashpoint.

I should organise some more freetime and start working on this mod again crazy_o.gif

lol AfrographX, I always thought of the 80's as the main theme for Flashpoint. It just seems to be what Flashpoint was made for.

Monday Night. 8pm EST or 9pm EST, "Falklands Battlefront" on The Military Channel. smile_o.gif

Monday Night. 8pm EST or 9pm EST, "Falklands Battlefront" on The Military Channel. smile_o.gif

Errr....as nice as it would be to watch, i don't think we have the military channel, and i'm not sure staying up till 3am to watch a tv show is a good idea.

Really looking forward to an OFP release of FLK too (especially since I cant play ArmA on my Sys tounge2.gif )

Same here mate.

Looking great guys.

Same here too. Will be sticking to OFP for a while yet

Really looking forward to this mod though smile_o.gif

Errr....as nice as it would be to watch, i don't think we have the military channel, and i'm not sure staying up till 3am to watch a tv show is a good idea.

I simply posted it for those that could watch it, and were interested. I never said you had to stay up till 3am. wink_o.gif

I have ArmA and still looking forward to countless hours with this mod smile_o.gif Now all we need is a vulcan bomber to bomb the airfield...

Hands off the airfield! its MINE  wink_o.gif

As for the Vulcan...

There is one already!!

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=4494

If either of you are refering to Pebble Island, my SAS will be there before you get off the ground. rofl.gif

Not Pebble, the main Stanley Airport.

Also its Psychokiwi's SAS that will get to Pebble first.. he made them!

It will be my SAS that were made by Psychokiwi, that get there first before you all. rofl.giftounge2.gif

These ships are amazing. I really can't wait now for the Falklands Release!. wow_o.gif

Not Pebble, the main Stanley Airport.

Also its Psychokiwi's SAS that will get to Pebble first.. he made them!

LOL, no I meant my SAS team as I lead them, in-game, in a user-made mission...

I did not mean that I made the SAS troopers. rofl.gif

CBFASI, are there any chances the SAS will have any sort of snow clothing? in one pic of the Falklands War, I believe I saw the SAS wearing snow camo. I think it was during one of the attacks on South Georgia, though I could be very wrong. Just curiosity. tounge2.gif

There is very little chance for snow clothed SAS, or for that matter any of our troops

As for the SAS attack at South Georgia, that was a failure at Fortuna Glacier and lead to one of the very impressive rescues carried out by the helicopter pilots of the war.

Snow styled troops would be nice however time is now against us for doing this within the OFP enviroment.

Ahh I see, Thanks for the info, Can't wait for release. tounge2.gifxmas_o.gif

As for the SAS attack at South Georgia, that was a failure at Fortuna Glacier and lead to one of the very impressive rescues carried out by the helicopter pilots of the war.

Only after 2 of the Wessex sent to rescue the troops crashed. Theystill pulled it off without any serious casualties though.

Can't wait to try out those ships, and I'm indeed looking forward to more updates.

Yep, Two Wessex's 5's got downed while the 3rd, a Wessex 3 performed a lift with 16 passengers and 4 crew, bad enough that hovering was no longer possible an she performed a rolling landing on HMS Antrim, suriving somehow this heavy landing.

CBFASI, How are the buildings coming along? I know you have said that there were issues in texturing them, especially those on South Georgia. I'm just curious. tounge2.gif

I may have found our missing ace to sort some of the building issues out.

Someone who knows uv texturing and from images of trials work is rather good, hopefully I will be able to show pctures if this individual doe end up fully in the team.

Its worth noting that some of the work being done within the team now is beng done with the thought of eventually moving over to Armed Assault.

Falklands Release

Yes you can believe it!!

We have made a decision as to when we intend releasing our project to the world.

It should be within Q1 2007.

Sweet definately looking forward to it thumbs-up.gif

EDIT:

Will there be a campaign included?

Very happy to hear. In addition to Ironsight's question about the campaign, will there be single/mp missions?

That are very good news

I think i`ll install my good old OFP again. smile_o.gif

There will certainly be a number of SP missions, maybe a small number of MP's.

Whether these SP missions will be combined into a campaign is currently uncertain.

However the missions will be related to incidents and actions that took place in the real campaign of 1982.

Much depends on the little time left to complete critcal units and terrain and the time available to the very few mission makers.