Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

Oh and i wanna see daylight action as well , last time the movie i d/lded was low res and most of the scenes were from night/evening , it was poorly visible.

Oh and last time the islands looked emptyish too , are they like that or maybe they werent completed then?

Oh and last time the islands looked emptyish too , are they like that or maybe they werent completed then?

as in no trees etc?

try and google some pics of the falklands islands... its sparse, not a tree to be found (except for some ones planted by the residents in towns).. literally its just gauze, heather and rocks smile_o.gif

The Falklands are pretty bare IRL too. I once heard someone descibe them as "moors in the middle of the South Atlantic."

EDIT: Messy outposted me.

I meant as n trees as well as houses , military bases etc etc , ports maybe?

Everytime ive seen in the pics it looks so bare like kolgujev minus the very little buildings that it has smile_o.gif

Falklands are a barren mooreland, with a number of small settlements dotted about ie goose green, darwin, san carlos and the largest "capital" Port Stanley.

The ground is largley boggy peat (hence no heavy armour during the conflict) and the islands have a number of rocky "mountains"

there are a number of trees planted in stanley and thats all smile_o.gif

Sorry for repeating myself but seeing as you are all here can the sinking effect for Col Klink's trawler be applied to a multiple modelled Ship?

I'd have to kill you if I told you biggrin_o.gif

@Acecombat..

This is what we mean by barren....

darwin.jpg

It's mainly gorse, peat bogs, small bushes and 2 trees in the capital Stanley (outside the governors residence Government House)

That's what you call a battlefield..

Are the Argies going to be playable? Will your mod come with MP missions (co-op, CTF, DM, etc?)

Are the Argies going to be playable? Will your mod come with MP missions (co-op, CTF, DM, etc?)

You know everything is playable... biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Though I am curious as well... will any of the missions have you playing on the Argentinian side?

Quote[/b] ]2 trees in the capital Stanley (outside the governors residence Government House)

- How could you forget the plantation just to the west of Hill Cove on W Falkland? Must be nearly three-quarters of an acre! (of the saddest, most-stunted, wind-blasted excuses for pine-trees you've ever seen in your life...)

I've tried to get the malvinas conflito mod full pack 1.0 (the first pack with the GUI) but the link seems brocken , any other link ? wink_o.gif

I've tried to get the malvinas conflito mod full pack 1.0 (the first pack with the GUI) but the link seems brocken , any other link ?  wink_o.gif

i have the addons (maybe beta) but no gui rock.gif

The campaign will be played from the British side only I'm afraid.

MP missions will be mainly focused on Co-op although we'll probably throw a few dm, ctf missions in as well.

basically the flaklands looks alot like scotland just without the pine tree plantations smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]2 trees in the capital Stanley (outside the governors residence Government House)

- How could you forget the plantation just to the west of Hill Cove on W Falkland? Must be nearly three-quarters of an acre! (of the saddest, most-stunted, wind-blasted excuses for pine-trees you've ever seen in your life...)

When were they planted? As far as I know the only trees around in 1982 where the couple outside of GH in Stanley as they don't grow naturally in the Falklands due to the arctic conditions there.

Man i cant believe they fought over a cold barren piece of land without any proper trees even tounge_o.gif

Maybe someone should fight over the antarctica too .... this lump of ice is mine hands off ... *crack* ice breaks off , oh know they broke our ice away by warming it up ... WAR! crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

antartica is owned by allmost everyone. I thing 29 countrys have territorys on them wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

antartica is owned by allmost everyone. I thing 29 countrys have territorys on them  wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

its owned by no-one.... it just happens that different countries have antartic survey bases around the place, nothing else

If you think the Falklands are barren try South Georgia... NO TREES and yes its being done too...

or if you don't want to go that far you could try iceland (or is it greenland), they have no trees either wow_o.giftounge_o.gif

Ash,

Yep - it's Hill Cove Plantation, would you believe.... Rectangular, in the lee of the ridge to shelter it from the prevailing SW'ly winds. Never did get to speak to the landowner to find out why it was there. Certainly pre-dated 1982.

While on the subject of tree-less landscapes close to (UK) home, don't forget the Shetlands - about the only difference between them and the Falklands is that the latter have those almost-unique rock-runs.

Don't blame you for not including W Falkland - there has to be a limit somewhere. Pebble Island would've been nice for the airstrip raid, but can't have everything, eh?