Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Please make detailed unit skills to be configurable in editor

something like this but in editor!

Not only in Editor. In the settings you should be able to set the skills of the ai in detail. At least for aiming speed, aiming precission and some kind of situational awareness - like hearing shots in different distances ...

- More and far better animations, especially when unarmed units are concerned.

- Much improved AI such as not standing in a firefight, ability to CQB indoors and most importantly AI driving/ pathfinding.

- Realistic penetration system for armored vehicles.

- Better, more immersive sounds.

- Better warheads simulation (KE, HEAT, FRAG).

- Realistic penetration system.

- Realistic story but not some megamix.

- More and far better animations, especially when unarmed units are concerned.

- Much improved AI such as not standing in a firefight, ability to CQB indoors and most importantly AI driving/ pathfinding.

- Realistic penetration system for armored vehicles.

- Better, more immersive sounds.

Same here, like I think the 80% of the Arma players

A first aid system without any modules. Also is it possible to make a whole house out of destroyable bricks or something in physx? Just imagine community made buildings.

- 3D Aiming with ACOG and also Scope such as BF3, but be a realistic

- CQB indoor fight

- Limnos island with Snow

- Better animations

_ More animations on vehicle (doors/ramp/Flaps...)

_ Cargo player will can close/open door when ennemy firing on vehicle

_ Player can place where they want with interface like VBS2

VBS2 changing place interface.jpg

There is one thing i want above all else.

Vehicle control option: Free-look on by default.

Kel-TEC KSG 12

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-J-C9QvGteFo/ThYQlAAHjDI/AAAAAAAACNM/COR_RPhYJAc/s1600/ksg.jpg >100kb!

Kriss Vector SMG

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3v8iWySkjdVhKUffhy2DlYT2orsn-gTc2zchynjSKfyDLL_6Hol1zM6MslA

SRSS BullDog M14 Bullpup

http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/srss_bulldog762_bullpup_m14_m1a_762mm_rifle_combat_5.jpg >100kb!

MK13

ORD_7.62mm_MK13_Mod5_Sniper_lg.jpg

Remington MSR

firearm_sniper_msr_5_ss.jpg

Remington ACR

remington_acr.jpg

Edited by Foxhound
removed 2 images over 100kb!!

It should be possible with a few minor config tweaks to increase the realism when using / fighting against Tanks / AFVs

1) Reduce the chances of total destruction (fire balling) Modern Tanks and AFVs are easy to disable, but very difficult to destroy outright (particularly the M1) And if they are hit and disabled, it is much safer to stay in the vehicle than to bail out (at least in tanks). It is extremely unlikely that an RPG hit would cause the total destruction of a vehicle like a Stryker or a BMP (like we see in Arma2) however it would be likely that the vehicle would be disabled and/or some (but not all) of the passengers and crew would be killed / wounded.

2) Variable Formation Spacing The ability to increase or decrease the space between vehicles when moving in formation. Currently vehicles travel much too close together for tactical movement. However for "admin" or safe moves then the current formation spacing is ok.

3) Reduce AI situational awareness In my experience the AI in vehicles have too much situational awareness, particularly when turned in. Being a tank crewman is like looking a the world through a straw, your field of view is very narrow and if you were taking small arms fire you would still have no idea where it was coming from except for a rough 90 degree approximation, unless you were looking at the source of the fire when it began. The AI seems to know exactly where small arms fire is coming from, even if the turret is scanning in the opposite direction.

4) AI will fire HE at infantry in buildings and/or cover If an AI spots a target hiding in a building he should engage with MG, if after a few rounds the target is not destroyed then switch to HE and take the building apart, same for vegetation / natural cover.

Increasing the survivability of tanks but reducing their situational awareness should maintain a good balance in the overall gameplay and make armored fighting slower and more dependent on AFV / infantry cooperation; resulting in an overall more realistic experience.

Keep up the good work!

-MC

Don't know if this has been suggested before but... Seeing as Limnos is bigger than Takistan...

AC-130 pwease BIS?

EDIT: Never mind, saw it in the OP. I just hope it gets implemented...

Another one of my wishes is being able to load light vehicles and crates into the C-130 and dropping them with parachutes since A3 has PhysX now.

Edited by -=Grunt=-

_ menu to change weapon on Plane and Chopper

_ light RAH-66 Commanche and heavy RAH-66E Super Commanche (with EFAMS, External Fuel And Missile System)

Rah-66_1.jpg2309d05f-4408-4a6e-b803-db0bc62dee8bLarger.jpg

how about making the commands easier like a commarose?

like a main rose with the main commands and every command opens new commarose with more commands.

its easier to get around it instead of pressing 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0-Backspace

Odd request, but I'd like the "night" parameter used in simple expressions for ambient sound mods to go beyond 1, to allow measuring "deeper nights", as current night reaches 1 long before dark sets in. Use night min 1 if we need to clamp it. Or some sort of sun angle measurement, negative for dawn and positive for dusk, flipping at midnight. Reason: I'd like to have intense birdsing in forests a couple of hours before dawn.

Also, I'd like the parameter "forest" to be split up into different kinds of forests, like in Skyrim. :p If there are to be different forests in the game, or forests at all.

I also almost forgot about this... But if anyone here has played Jagged Alliance 2 with the 1.13 patch, you know the Load Bearing Equipment system it's got. It would be awesome in ArmA 3 if LBE has different magazine capacities, grenade, utility slots etc.

Integrated Modmanagement (like in CIV V from Firaxis would come to mind)

Base difficulty setting for multiplayer and let players decide if they want to remove standard UI elements

Change the "radar", it spots everything, wheter's it's really well hidden or not, wheter it's a bike or a large tank...

I often find it annoying while playing that the radar picks up too much vehicles, don't know what it picks up in real life, but sure, a mountainbike wouldn't be possible to get a radar lock on?

Not the bike itself, and although not "radar", there have been friendly fire incidents using Javelin where the missile actually locked on to human IR targets beyond what was being targeted.

Just came to think about something about sound and vehicles. Would be nice if sound occlusion could be defined on a per seat basis.

Player movement and use of cover like that in Rainbow Six Vegas, but without the automatic switch to third person, I suppose. Anyway, it feels great, much more natural than leaning.