Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

Airsoft is for wussies who can't take the pain of getting hit with a paintball.

Getting shot by airsoft is the equivalent of being tapped on the shoulder when it comes to pain.

Not when you get shot in the crotch with 50 rounds at nearly point blank range.

It was dark yes, my opponent had a flashlight, I didn't...

1. Paintball guns lack accuracy vs. airsoft guns in range.

2. Airsoft(milsim) is a lot more realistic when you play with low-caps. You get a thrill every time you need to slam a new magazine in your AEG/GBB. (unless you play RAM, which provides the same effect)

3. In milsim games you get to play as a role, be it the commander, medic, sniper or support gunner. It depends on the kit you have.

4. You can play together with radio's without getting them ruined by paint.

Surely paintball has it's traits being more fast-action pased depending on the game. But airsoft concerns more about patience and tactical play.

I've only got to play paint ball once and it was very very fun. That said, I get the idea that airsoft is to paintball what Flashpoint is to Counter Strike.

1. Paintball guns lack accuracy vs. airsoft guns in range.

2. Airsoft(milsim) is a lot more realistic when you play with low-caps. You get a thrill every time you need to slam a new magazine in your AEG/GBB. (unless you play RAM, which provides the same effect)

3. In milsim games you get to play as a role, be it the commander, medic, sniper or support gunner. It depends on the kit you have.

4. You can play together with radio's without getting them ruined by paint.

Surely paintball has it's traits being more fast-action pased depending on the game. But airsoft concerns more about patience and tactical play.

rofl.gif Not quite right.

I've been radio-operator (Vietnam era US radio), regular grunt and squad leader in militaryexercise with markers, it was quite fun, exhausting and educating. Ofcouse using laser and actual rifles would have been even better, but for that terrain markers were quite suitable (better than airsoft).

We had also machinegunners (automatic top-quality markers), platoonleaders, companycommanders(! ), APCs, AT-guys, mines, supplylogistics... You name it to company level and we most likely had it. Medics were left out, as earlier events had shown that it's not good idea is that big scale (rules has to be simple so that they are hard to be missused)

It's about attitude and possibilities. And i quess i've seen more "realistic" things (that exercise) in paintball than you or me in airsoft wink_o.gif

But i'm not saying that it wouldn't be possible in airtsoft... It's just not as good solution, because of large amount of people and big firefights/battles so hit has to be visible and person has to feel it clearly, this isn't the case with airsoft.

Second... I completely agree with your arguments about paintball.

However I'd like to point out that the radio's we use are hand-sized PMR radio's of around 100 Euro (excluding cost headset), which are mostly not mil-spec bust-proof.

Next to that.. The price for 3000 bb's are a lot lower compared to 3000 paintballs. smile_o.gif

Next to that.. The price for 3000 bb's are a lot lower compared to 3000 paintballs. smile_o.gif

3000 PB´s (medium quality) cost around 30€ here.

You can also eat them, try that with bb´s tounge2.gif

You can always put less balls in your hopper too - but lowcap games aren´t as thrilling as having a marker that jams alot!

Found myself cocking/reloading whilst running a few times during the last game.

There´s no worse feeling than hearing i click when you want to hear a plop biggrin_o.gif

And you think airsoft guns don't jam? Jamming, double feeds, misfeeds, "stalling" (jamming on continuous semi), batteries that die... huh.gif

Hey,

I bought 3 Airsoft guns from this website and im thinking of buying more, (MP5A5 Modified, M4 SopMod, and a G36C. They all work extremely good for the price. Just make sure you buy a high quality battery. Check it out, my favorite part is the LPEG's (Low Priced Electric Gun) tounge2.gif . -

http://www.airsoft1.com/Airsoft....m

And you think airsoft guns don't jam? Jamming, double feeds, misfeeds, "stalling" (jamming on continuous semi), batteries that die... huh.gif

Ok, so Airsoft guns behave crappy too. But you still cannot eat BB´s biggrin_o.gif

Hey,

I bought 3 Airsoft guns from this website and im thinking of buying more, (MP5A5 Modified, M4 SopMod, and a G36C. They all work extremely good for the price. Just make sure you buy a high quality battery. Check it out, my favorite part is the LPEG's (Low Priced Electric Gun) tounge2.gif . -

http://www.airsoft1.com/Airsoft....m

Doesn´t the usual saying "crap price = crap performance" count here too?

Been let down too often by low priced stuff´s quality - so i´m more prone to high end products.

Yes - very possible, but I suppose they do the job. Jing Gong's new products are said to be about the same as Tokyo Marui stuff quality-wise, while costing around 1/3 plus featuring battery and charger. But... it really depends on the manufacturer and the specific gun, I suppose.

Plus it works the other way around... most TOP guns don't work that well while they're priced at around 800-1500 USD. rofl.gif

Meh... I fancy having a clean, non-bloody skin instead of bruises or wounds. biggrin_o.gif

3000 PB´s  (medium quality) cost around 30€ here.

You can also eat them, try that with bb´s tounge2.gif

Excel 3700 0.2g bb's (high quality) costs about 13 euro in Europe. wink_o.gif

And you can eat them too, but they won't get digested.

Please don't make this topic a "paintball vs. airsoft" discussion.

There are people that prefer paintball, the other play airsoft and then there are people saying that we all are stupid military freaks.

MP5_Outdoor_k.jpg

Btw, @Burns, never heard of Bio BB's? tounge2.gif

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Please don't make this topic a "paintball vs. airsoft" discussion.

well.. in that case.. lets pimp this thread with pictures. smile_o.gif

I recently bought myself some "toys"..

Serpa holster..

dsc01727td2.th.jpg

With this gun..

dsc01728gz0.th.jpg

Silencer is only cosmetic and doesn't fit in the holster when attached.

this is my airsoft gun the stock broke off but its ok now its paratrooper/commando style booyah

0002847812697_500X500.jpg

the bbs go inside the scope the battery is in the magazine

this is my airsoft gun the stock broke off but its ok now its paratrooper/commando style booyah

[im]http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/02/84/78/12/0002847812697_500X500.jpg[/img]

the bbs go inside the scope the battery is in the magazine

wow_o.gif , where did you buy that? can you give me a link? how much does it cost? I bet you hit people at 300ft with it, can you?! Must be atleast 400fps!!! notworthy.gif !!!

u can get it at a wal-mart near you TODAY!!! $42.95

i dont kno all the fancy specs but it shoots fully automattic baby RAMBO TIME

ive only shot my brother in my backyard with it i do not kno its full range capabilities

My Ak-74N:

DSC04784-1.jpg

Too bad it was broken during Berget 5.. sad_o.gif

Me with my teammates gun:

DSC04810-2.jpg

Click for huge..

Quote[/b] ]Looking at it it's very good and powerfull, I'm not sure on the accuracy and these weapons only fine bb's of a certain weight which you'd have to by from the manufacturer of the gun, but these can be expensive. All in all it seems a good weapon but very expensive. You can get some goodones from the internet. I got an AEG (CYMA) metal AK-47 which fires 1600 rnds per minit (Which I strongly reccomend). It's quite accurate and has a range of 200 ft.It started life as a chinese copy of the ak-47 it has then been altered to fire ball barings.All the working parts have been removed and electric parts added. There fore it still has its authentic look and weight. I bought it from some online store.I Saving up for a drum magazine for it (To make it look like an RPK-47) which costs around $150. I like the minimi airsoft gun which is about $340 which fires about 3000 rnds per minit. Unfortunately I won't be able to get one of these scince there is a ban against AEG's (Being sold) in october in England.

WTF That isn't what's happening... They are not banning them they are trying to come to an agreement with the skirmishing community...

It's a load of bolloks to be honest and won't last a year.

Read this. Also sign this.

EDIT -

Quote[/b] ]Dear John Spellar,

I am writing to you concerning the VCRA (Violent Crime Reduction Act)* due to come into force on the 1st of October. A part of this act states there is to be a ban on importing selling and owning RIFs (Realistic Imitation Firearms), this in itself seems to be a rather sweeping statement as it also basn someone from walking around with things that could be mistaken by the average person as a gun that could include snooker cues in bags or tennis rackets in bags... Sports such as paintball and airsoft are being thrown into this category and being persecuted out of existence due to it. What really gets to me is that this law is being imposed to try and reduce the rates of violent crime within the country which fair enough is indeed understandable and a good thing however from my point of view people who commit these violent crimes can and do source there weapons and in particular firearms from people that can smuggle them in under the radar as it were of the Government. This has and always be the case. Look at the ban on semi automatic firearms ownership in the late eighties there are shootings in and around Birmingham to say the least that involve semi and fully automatic sub machine guns and other fully automatic weapons. I thought that the ban on semi automatic firearms was supposed to stop or drastically reduce this it doesnâ€â„¢t seem to have worked in the past twenty or so years does it? The Government doesnâ€â„¢t seem to know where it stands or what to do about such things.

I write to you with a plea to voice many peopleâ€â„¢s views within the our area that are law abiding citizens that go out and play these sports and do so in a very professional and safe manner not to be persecuted by this new law. I see it my duty to write to you before others as my MP because it is your duty to voice our thoughts views and concerns in the house of commons. I hope that this message to you has not been written in vain. I look forward to a response in the future.

N.B*

Link to the act in question. - http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/c...010/2006010.pdf

In the words of the whole air soft community 'Save our Sport'!

Yours sincerely, Mark Yates.

The above is a letter to my MP John Spellar. I'm not sure who your's is in Yardley so have a look here to find your local MP. Carver I suggest you do the same if you haven't already. God I'm gonna get so Pissed if my M16 doesn't get here!

Ask the shop to demount the gun, and send it in another box, it will get through customs without probs afaik.

It's not just me not getting my gun its the whole thing of "getting rid of imitation firearms willbring down gun crime thing" confused_o.gif

Merged with already existing Airsoft thread.

Hint wink_o.gif

Airsoft actualy looks really interesting. I've never played any airsoft or paintball... When i was a lil younger I played some fake paintball with school using these sort of laser quest style weapons with long range, in the woods. Guess that could be called kind of like "fake airsoft" too.

Where in the UK (near Bristol?) can you play airsoft?

And whats a cheap kind of airsoft gun you can get easy?

How mutch could I get a decent airsoft P90 for?

The cheapest you can buy are China-made. A bit lower quality then Japanese, Taiwanese, Hong Kong and so forth, but alot cheaper.

Although, the top Chinese brand, Jing Gong is often compared to the Japanese brand Tokyo Mauri (and to add, JG are straight down copies of TMs, just that they are made in China instead of Japan).

A Tokyo Mauri costs about 250 USD, while a Jing Gong costs 80 dollars, which is an OK price for a first gun.

If you decide to buy a Chinese airsoft be sure that you don't buy the crappy brands.

Some recommended China-brands: Jing Gong, Dboys, Cyma and ACM.

Some Google-searches should lead to forumtopics and reviews about the weapon you are looking at.

The most common P90 is the Tokyo Mauri P90 (link), but RSOV.com got a chinese copy of it here, but I am not sure about the quality of Wellfire brand.

Although, the price difference is whopping, the chinese one being 5 times cheaper.

But the Tokyo Mauri model should be available to purchase at local (UK for you then) dealers.

Since I don't live in the UK, I have no idea where you can play, but I think Google can help you find something wink_o.gif

Regards, wex

I found some places in and near my city.

I really have no idea what I'm doing...

I'd like to purchase online because of ease but theres some new law soon? Alot of sites mention it being last chance of this that and the other...

Www.Airsoft-Warrior.Com and good, people?

http://www.airsoft-warrior.com/shop...._id=406 for a start gun...

Lol doesn't look too great... 1GPS is about 2USD. So the price in $ is double whats shown in pounds.

I get confused easily and some of this stuff is confusing...

What exactly am I required to buy... I mean the basics I need to play and shoot. Not mutch more and nothing less. Heh.

Here, same weapon for more then half the price: link

Shipping is like 20 pounds though tounge2.gif

Edit:

Cyma is a good brand (atleast their AK-models), not sure about the shop you linked from. Seems expensive. Order from Hong Kong (RSOV, WGC, GunnerAirsoft and so on) and order more then just the weapon, maybe extra mags, extra stuff and so on, and you'll the shipping fee will not be so expensive when splitted out on all stuff you've ordered, otherwise, some weapons cost 15 pounds but have 25 pounds shipping tounge2.gif

Edit2:

Airsoft warrior seems heft overpriced, I think you can find better shops in UK.

But until october 1st, order from Hong Kong! yay.gif