5 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Try my Altis version noted in the OP it should work fine.  If there is something you find not right let me know. I've since made changes to my ports but were never put up for public download. One thing IIRC, Alex can not load the body to take it back to the boat.

Is your version different from the 1.95coop_wip10 listed on the original SP thread? 

Re: can't load the body - that should be fine. After all, it's about the journey not the destination, right?

48 minutes ago, FlatDarkSpace said:

After all, it's about the journey not the destination, right?

That’s how we roll. 

23 hours ago, FlatDarkSpace said:

Is your version different from the 1.95coop_wip10 listed on the original SP thread? 

Yes. I use ADV_moveRespMarker mod and a few other changes.

What are the top 5 biggest maps used for this scenario btw?

I'm planning to go all out crazy on the largest maps with the faction mods for pure chaos lol

Largest in size or popularity? I'm currently enjoying Pvt Partz's Livonia version with CUP units. I like his Chernarus 2020 as well, and Major Stiffy's Lythium, as that's one of my all time favorites. Of course Altis is larger than most maps, so the original by Rydygier is an obvious choice.

The more chaos you add, the more your framerate is likely to tank. Putting ambient combat at High/Unlimited at higher difficulty sounds like a fun idea until you try to move through a city where a dozen AI vehicles are shooting at each other and you get stutters every time you try to turn around.

By all means, try it. But I think most Pilgrimage players figure out a more balanced set of options that works for them. 

• Like 1

Livonia with Sams' Autumn Livonia and @EO's Sullen Skies and Arctic Latitudes is pretty great. Another favorite of mine is Kujari.

1 hour ago, FlatDarkSpace said:

Largest in size or popularity? I'm currently enjoying Pvt Partz's Livonia version with CUP units. I like his Chernarus 2020 as well, and Major Stiffy's Lythium, as that's one of my all time favorites. Of course Altis is larger than most maps, so the original by Rydygier is an obvious choice.

The more chaos you add, the more your framerate is likely to tank. Putting ambient combat at High/Unlimited at higher difficulty sounds like a fun idea until you try to move through a city where a dozen AI vehicles are shooting at each other and you get stutters every time you try to turn around.

By all means, try it. But I think most Pilgrimage players figure out a more balanced set of options that works for them. 

talking about size

Besides Altis i like Al Rayak and Rosche. I also use the "Winter 2035" mod, plus other winter mods to play Altis in the snow. Makes a nice change to the map. Tanoa is always good, but can hit fps issues in the city (probably my PC).

Alright, I'll be the first to ask. Anybody grab Spearhead 1944 yet? How's its Normandy terrain look as a prospective Pilgrimage port?

It won't be me. I won't be buying any present or future DLC.

• Sad 1

Anyone have the code for marking coordinates for "Holy Places"? I unfortunately lost it...

On 7/27/2023 at 5:05 PM, FlatDarkSpace said:

Alright, I'll be the first to ask. Anybody grab Spearhead 1944 yet? How's its Normandy terrain look as a prospective Pilgrimage port?

I was thinking of making a Pilgrimage port for the Normandy map and even replacing the units; I was wondering if it is possible to replace the helicopters with planes... not sure if it will work. But a regular port is not difficult to do.

• Like 2

Anyone have the code for marking "Holy Places"? I unfortunately lost it...

RYD_JR/JRInit.sqf

Search for...

RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces =

...enter what ever coordinates you use when placing your holy places on your map

I was wondering if it is possible to replace the helicopters with planes

...not sure if Rydygier did anything with the code but for starters, look in the JRInit.sqf and search for,

RYD_JR_Choppers =
    [
    "O_Heli_Attack_02_F",
    "O_Heli_Attack_02_black_F"
    ];

Change or add whatever planes you like but, as I say you will have to figure out whether to use fighter planes (with weapons) or "C" planes that drop paratroopers. If you decide to go with the latter you will have to study and reverse engineer what Rydygier did in Staszow. There is probably some use of code that intructes the AI to drop from the planes.

...I would be interested to know if fighter planes would actually shoot at you if that was the route you decide to take.

22 minutes ago, pvt. partz said:

RYD_JR/JRInit.sqf

Search for...

RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces =

...enter what ever coordinates you use when placing your holy places on your map

Thanks for the response, but it's about something else, maybe I didn't make myself understood, but it's about the script that identifies the coordinates of the "Holy Places" on the map.

31 minutes ago, pvt. partz said:

Change or add whatever planes you like but, as I say you will have to figure out whether to use fighter planes (with weapons) or "C" planes that drop paratroopers. If you decide to go with the latter you will have to study and reverse engineer what Rydygier did in Staszow. There is probably some use of code that intructes the AI to drop from the planes.

...I would be interested to know if fighter planes would actually shoot at you if that was the route you decide to take.

I am interested in replacing the helicopter with a fighter plane, well, in this CDLC there is only one fighter plane, there is no plane for paratroopers, and I thought of using it instead of a helicopter.

in this CDLC there is only one fighter plane

...you'll have to find the classname of the fighter plane and replace the Helicopter entries that was mentioned.

it's about the script that identifies the coordinates of the "Holy Places" on the map.

... correct

You will place a church or whatever type of structure you wish on your map

Then place a marker, usually a cross looking icon.

Then copy the coordinates of that marker to the script as mentioned in the file above.

...there is no script perse that creates a holy place.

4 hours ago, vafana said:

script that identifies the coordinates of the "Holy Places" on the map.

I've never seen one that does that. I wish there was one. I've seen the script that find checkpoints for us but not holyplaces.

8 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

I've never seen one that does that. I wish there was one. I've seen the script that find checkpoints for us but not holyplaces.

I have the script for finding the coordinates of the crossroads; as far as I know @Rydygier posted a script with which you can find the coordinates of specific buildings on the map, in this case, chapels, churches. Maybe I'm wrong, but at one point it seems to me that I had both, because I ported this mission on a dozen maps. I will ask in the original topic of the mission.

as far as I know @Rydygier posted a script with which you can find the coordinates of specific buildings on the map,

...that seems quite doable. Could you improvise that script where you can find the crossroads, and substitute with a building classname?

maybe crossroads looks at x-y coordinates where buildings look for classnames which might require modifying the script, which is something I cannot do.

1 hour ago, pvt. partz said:

...that seems quite doable. Could you improvise that script where you can find the crossroads, and substitute with a building classname?

maybe crossroads looks at x-y coordinates where buildings look for classnames which might require modifying the script, which is something I cannot do.

I think it's a little different, the script that identifies the coordinates of crossroads has certain conditions applied, for example the distance between crossroads and objects, or the intersection of two roads, etc. I don't think it works only by a simple substitution of classnames.

RYD_AllCross = 
	{
	startloadingscreen ["Pilgrimage","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];

_mapSize = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "mapSize");
	_rds = _mapSize/2;
	_mapC = [_rds,_rds];

diag_log format ["mapS: %1",_mapC];

_nR = _mapC nearRoads (_rds * 1.42);

_nC = nearestLocations [_mapC, ["NameCityCapital","NameCity","NameVillage"],_rds * 1.42];

_crossr = [];
	_cnt = count _nR;
	diag_log format ["cntNR: %1",_cnt];

{
		_con = count (roadsConnectedTo _x);
		if (_con > 2) then
			{
			_pos = getPosATL _x;
			_pos resize 2;
			_tooClose = false;

{
				if (_pos in _x) exitWith {_tooClose = true};
				if ((_pos distance _x) < 500) exitWith {_tooClose = true};
				_nBuilding = nearestBuilding _pos;
				if ((_pos distance _nBuilding) < 50) exitWith {_tooClose = true};
				}
			foreach _nC;

if not (_tooClose) then
				{
				_pos set [2,0];
				_crossr set [(count _crossr),_pos]
				}
			};

progressLoadingScreen ((_foreachIndex + 1)/_cnt)
		}
	foreach _nR;

{
		_i = "cMark_" + (str _x);
		_i = createMarker [_i,_x];
		_i setMarkerColor "colorOrange";
		_i setMarkerShape "ICON";
		_i setMarkerType "mil_box";
		_i setMarkerSize [0.6,0.6];

diag_log format ["%1",_x]
		}
	foreach _crossr;

diag_log format ["amount: %1",count _crossr];

endLoadingScreen;

hint format ["done: %1",_cnt];
	};

13 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

There is a code for this, @Rydygier posted a link that goes to a previous post, but I can't find the code there...

Here's a small mission, where you have scripts to find both, holy sites and potential checkpoints positions. Each under mouse action for the convenience. Coords land into RPT and into the clipboard. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vIqp297YM3U6qpVB6GaTftjyRjsTA4qp/view?usp=sharing

In case of holy site search, you can try to find also other types of map objects by editing this line:

_aID = player addAction ["<t color='#d0a900'>Find all map objects</t>", RYD_AllChurches,["CHURCH","CHAPEL"]];

With desired types as defined here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/nearestTerrainObjects

Note, if the list of coords is very long, it may not be copied entirely into the clipboard - not sure...

Also note, it searches per map markings type, not actual object class. 

User can disable this line:

private _list = nearestTerrainObjects [_mapC,_categories,(_rds * 1.42)];

and instead enable this one:

//_list = _mapC nearObjects ["Church",(_rds * 1.42)];

and use object (parent) class, he want to find. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

Here's a small mission, where you have scripts to find both, holy sites and potential checkpoints positions. Each under mouse action for the convenience. Coords land into RPT and into the clipboard. 

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!

No problem. 🙂 Of course, this can be applied to any map, simple changing folder's map name should do it, I believe. 

• Like 1