7 hours ago, loopdk said:

Are you planing a Zeus modul? 

Yes. My only issue is my lack of knowledge with in-game GUI setups, otherwise that would have already been completed a long time ago. Also there isn't a whole lot of documentation on Zeus modules themselves so I'm having to piggyback (to some extent) on other mods to see how the configuration works.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jshock said:

Yes. My only issue is my lack of knowledge with in-game GUI setups, otherwise that would have already been completed a long time ago. Also there isn't a whole lot of documentation on Zeus modules themselves so I'm having to piggyback (to some extent) on other mods to see how the configuration works.

The Achilles zeus expansion has some great multi selection options

I'd suggest having a look at the AI patrol or add items to zeus options as they both have several secondary selections!

Hope this helps

12 minutes ago, TheLimbo365 said:

The Achilles zeus expansion has some great multi selection options

I'd suggest having a look at the AI patrol or add items to zeus options as they both have several secondary selections!

Hope this helps

Yea I've looked into that one as well as looked into Chessmasters42's Curator Presets Modules. It's really more of taking the time to really sit down and sort it all out and figure out wtf I'm doing.....but I'm struggling to get a usage video out atm so....

Ok....sooo....I promise the video is on the way. However, I'm working on a big(ish) update that will bring a full set of accessory functions along with the ability to exclude AI/unit classnames/factions from being affected. Fixes a couple issues too, as per normal :smile_o:. So I'm going to try and push that, the video, and a scenario mission (separate release from the mod) all at the same time.

I've got some time for the next couple days, so I want to make the most of it :smileee:.

• Like 1

Is there an option to change the sounds made by the detector? The current sounds work fine but I think an .ogg or .wss of a Geiger counter might just be the pièce de résistance of the mod.

6 hours ago, Rawshark said:

Is there an option to change the sounds made by the detector? The current sounds work fine but I think an .ogg or .wss of a Geiger counter might just be the pièce de résistance of the mod.

Since I was going for general purpose I strayed away from the classic Geiger sound because contaminated doesn't necessarily mean irradiated. I had thought about adding in some modularity for the sound of the detector way back when I first started making this mod. I can look into it I suppose.

• Like 1

On 23/7/2017 at 8:24 PM, jshock said:

Eny news mate??

Nope, life caught up to me once again...I'm now fully into a semester and a job on top of that, so I'll be a bit indisposed for a while. Hopefully I'll get some time here, but I can't say for certain.

• Like 2

Hi, i'm just starting my first custom mission and I'd like to add this mod in it.

So, I tried to use the mod but it didn't work.

Correct me if i'm wrong:

I have first created an Area Contanination Module, sync it with a player settings module for the damage and also a mask settings module to use a mask to protect from the contamination damage but noting happened ... so,  it's possible to show me a simple mission where the modules works correctly?!

thanks so much

didt this die??

we are still hoping for ze us moduls :D

Not really, I have contact with Shock and right now he's been so busy that he hasn't be able to do anything outside of work and school. From the information I have, this is on hold until things settle down for him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heyo......so.........yea I'm not dead as much of you probably wished I were since I left mid grind. Found some time since it's the end of the semester and I actually had a day or two off from work. I know this isn't the update you all would prefer for this mod, but I did just release the gear pack on the Workshop. Thanks again to Mr. Skellington and Ltf for their contributions as this would not have been possible.

The rundown:

Spoiler

This mod is supposed to be an extension for use with my other work, JSHK Contamination Area Mod. However, it can be useful to anyone that may need contamination suits and related masks.

There are three types of masks: M50, M04, and S10.

The M50 and M04 masks are standalone (just the masks) and there are hooded versions included that consist of all the camos/colors listed below.

All of the textures for the list below are 4k and are accredited to Ltf[forums.bohemia.net].

Mask and suit colors and camos are as follows:

Black
Gray
Blue
Green
Red
Orange
Yellow
White 

MTP
M81 (Woodland)
Multicam
Flora
Tubitak
M90
M84
DDPM
Flecktarn
CADPAT
CE
DPM
Jeitai
DCP
UCP
Tigerstripe
Winter
Urban
3CD

All the original models and textures are credited to Mr. Skellington and his CBRN Defense Unitswhich he has so graciously released for use by the public.

An important note is that I have zero clue when it comes to modeling or texturing anything and have 100 percent outsourced it. That being said if anyone would like to contribute items to this collection whether that's more camos, colors, mask models, backpack models (for air tanks, etc.), or anything else relatable reach out to me and I will try and accommodate as best I can.

Another note, as it is obvious with my other mod, I have not had time to do much of anything on my computer for the past couples years juggling work and school, so there are no guarantees of this going much further than this initial release, at least for sometime.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1738216191

• Like 2

UPDATE: v0.5.3 is LIVE

OP mirror links updated.

Smallish update. Just trying to knock the rust off. I released a mission along with this as well on the Workshop.

Changelog:

Spoiler

-PUBLIC v0.5.3

Additions:
        -Added full set of accessory functions (reworked all other functions to include)
        -Added the ability to exclude AI classes/factions from damage group
        -Added more logging for debug purposes
        -Added option to enable/disable cough sound when being damaged (player settings module)
        -Added gear and mask module options to auto include the gear within JSHK Contamination Gear
    Changes/Fixes:
        -Fixed error in remove area and remove safe area functions
        -Fixed logic error when using whole map as contam area
        -Fixed logic error in mask overlay system
        -Changed safe zone distance calculations from 2d to 3d
        -Changed groundholder model for the detector
        -Changed and moved some functions around organizationally
    Removals:
        -Removed a number of newly redundant functions with the introduction of the accessory versions

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see you back on the case!

Yep wery nice to se you back.

This a great mod.

For next update can you add  zeus moduls så we can add and remove areas in zeus plz 😧

12 hours ago, jshock said:

UPDATE: v0.5.3 is LIVE

OP mirror links updated.

Smallish update. Just trying to knock the rust off. I released a mission along with this as well on the Workshop.

Changelog:

Reveal hidden contents

-PUBLIC v0.5.3

Additions:
        -Added full set of accessory functions (reworked all other functions to include)
        -Added the ability to exclude AI classes/factions from damage group
        -Added more logging for debug purposes
        -Added option to enable/disable cough sound when being damaged (player settings module)
        -Added gear and mask module options to auto include the gear within JSHK Contamination Gear
    Changes/Fixes:
        -Fixed error in remove area and remove safe area functions
        -Fixed logic error when using whole map as contam area
        -Fixed logic error in mask overlay system
        -Changed safe zone distance calculations from 2d to 3d
        -Changed groundholder model for the detector
        -Changed and moved some functions around organizationally
    Removals:
        -Removed a number of newly redundant functions with the introduction of the accessory versions

Welcome back warrior!

Don’t get too excited, I’ve only got a couple weeks free and don’t know if I’ll be able to continue at my old rate.

If I can, barring a hotfix or anything for the most recent update, I will try and get some very basic Zeus functionality posted up before I hit the grind with school again. This functionality will probably be limited to drag and drop modules from Zeus (with limited to no modularity) for add/remove safe/contaminated areas, make safe vehicles, toggleable invulnerability for units, and maybe a couple other things. This means that add area modules will probably be of a default size and MOPP level. I just didn’t have very strong GUI skills originally and definitely don’t now, that’s why I never did Zeus stuff in the first place.

• Thanks 1

UPDATE: v0.5.4 is LIVE

OP mirror links updated.

Well, when I originally started I wanted to steer away from making any dependencies in my mod and make everything myself. I hated biting the bullet and having to use outside assistance with the code, but I've already let most of you down. I've quasi kept it from being a true dependency but to get the full functionality of this update you will need to load in with Achilles and CBA (links in OP). Now, you only need these extras if you are the Zeus master of the mission everyone else can load in just fine without them :thumb:. I would like to thank you all again for your esteemed patience :drinking2:.

That being said, I bring to you Zeus compatibility. :shine:

I especially urge those of you that play MP (both player-hosted and dedicated server) to report back with any problems because I no longer have the means to properly test those things anymore. I had a few reports of MP issues from like a year ago but they have, of course, moved on at this point. So please provide any and all feedback possible, the debug module is there for a reason.

Changelog:

Spoiler

-PUBLIC v0.5.4:

Additions:
        -Zeus modules and functionality (with CBA/Achillies requirement, but no dependency)
            -Add/Remove Contaminated and Safe Areas
                -Compatible when Zeus master moves or manually deletes the area
                -All Zeus-placed areas are automatically added to the interface for interaction
            -Add/Remove Safe vehicles
            -Invulnerability toggle
        -fn_updateAreaInfo/updateSafeAreaInfo for on-the-fly changes to known zones
    Changes/Fixes:
        -Changed handling on a number of different functions on client/server communication
        -Changed and condensed more functions with new accessory functions (as of 0.5.3)
    Removals:
        -None

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey, wonderful release! I'll be pushing it to my community tonight.
Have you checked out Assaultboy's ChemicalWarfare mod? 
It does handle the ACE3 damage interestingly well, however, since it hasn't been updated in quite a long time, it does not seem to work well on dedicated servers (XEH loop doesn't re-attach after respawn, it spawns hundreds of particle effects invisibly, etc)
https://github.com/assaultboy/ChemicalWarfare

Also - would you ever consider pushing your work to Git in order to get contributors?

47 minutes ago, SchwererKonigstiger said:

Hey, wonderful release! I'll be pushing it to my community tonight.
Have you checked out Assaultboy's ChemicalWarfare mod? 
It does handle the ACE3 damage interestingly well, however, since it hasn't been updated in quite a long time, it does not seem to work well on dedicated servers (XEH loop doesn't re-attach after respawn, it spawns hundreds of particle effects invisibly, etc)
https://github.com/assaultboy/ChemicalWarfare

Also - would you ever consider pushing your work to Git in order to get contributors?

Haven't considered Git before, I will try and look into it when I can. Don't know why they can't just contribute here (in the forums) either. Unless I've been away from the game for so long that most modders use Git over anything else now?

I think I have looked into Assualtboy's mod, honestly it may have been part of my initial inspiration back in the day. I may be able to pull some ideas out of it for damage handling though, as you pointed out. Thanks!

Just an FYI before you push it out to your community too fast, I did just receive some reports on some MP issues with the most recent version. I will be pushing a hotfix as soon as I get things sorted out.

16 hours ago, jshock said:

for so long that most modders use Git over anything else now?

Most modders that want contributions to their mod use git nowadays yes.

On Github for example people can just send you changes or improvement.
Instead of in a forum where they might say "please change line X to Y and add Z to W"

1 minute ago, Dedmen said:

Most modders that want contributions to their mod use git nowadays yes.

On Github for example people can just send you changes or improvement.
Instead of in a forum where they might say "please change line X to Y and add Z to W"

Hm, cool, I'll try and see what it's all about. I've used it before in a super limited capacity over 5 years ago.