Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jshock said:

Hm, cool, I'll try and see what it's all about. I've used it before in a super limited capacity over 5 years ago. 

Good luck! It's a great way to get contributions directly to your codebase, as Dedmen said.

Also too late, it was pushed out as I wrote the message. They'll be your guinea pigs, they enjoy testing breaking new stuff.

Edited by SchwererKonigstiger
Fixing my furry friends name

8 minutes ago, SchwererKonigstiger said:

Dedman

:t:

UPDATE: v0.5.5 is LIVE

OP mirror links updated.

My brain remember that the wonderful TADST tool existed so I was able to figure out some stuff that was going on dedicated MP.....which was honestly way too much. Hopefully now, even though I obviously suck at my one job, I was able to hash out most of the issues that have been reported (along with a few others that I found along the way).

I apologize for my lack of organization, especially when it comes to thoroughly testing shit before going public with it (really bad habit).

Again, I especially urge those of you that play MP (both player-hosted and dedicated server) to report back with any problems because now with TADST I may be able to replicate instead of just guessing...

Changelog:

Spoiler

-PUBLIC v0.5.5:

Additions:
        -Added setting to Debug module to show/hide network related debug messages
    Changes/Fixes:
        -Changed Zeus UI to display all defaults when placing modules down consecutively
        -Changed (simplified) the way clients are updated on key variables
        -Changed from getPos to getPosWorld to update markers after using updateInfo fncs
        -Changed declaration namespace of some preInit variables for client/server
        -Fixed a number of before unseen logic or script errors causing any number of undesired results in dedicated MP
        -Fixed issue when player respawned and would not be affected by areas until adding then removing gear
        -Fixed issue where linked area on an object was not deleted after destroyed
    Removals:
        -Temporary (possible permanent) removal of some suspending functions that may have caused long mission load times

Random aside: Seems like BI is coming around and supplying some vanilla gear and stuff here soon! Maybe I'll be useless after Contact is released :down:.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jshock said:

UPDATE: v0.5.5 is LIVE

OP mirror links updated.

My brain remember that the wonderful TADST tool existed so I was able to figure out some stuff that was going on dedicated MP.....which was honestly way too much. Hopefully now, even though I obviously suck at my one job, I was able to hash out most of the issues that have been reported (along with a few others that I found along the way).

I apologize for my lack of organization, especially when it comes to thoroughly testing shit before going public with it (really bad habit).

Again, I especially urge those of you that play MP (both player-hosted and dedicated server) to report back with any problems because now with TADST I may be able to replicate instead of just guessing...

Changelog:

Reveal hidden contents

-PUBLIC v0.5.5:

Additions:
        -Added setting to Debug module to show/hide network related debug messages
    Changes/Fixes:
        -Changed Zeus UI to display all defaults when placing modules down consecutively
        -Changed (simplified) the way clients are updated on key variables
        -Changed from getPos to getPosWorld to update markers after using updateInfo fncs
        -Changed declaration namespace of some preInit variables for client/server
        -Fixed a number of before unseen logic or script errors causing any number of undesired results in dedicated MP
        -Fixed issue when player respawned and would not be affected by areas until adding then removing gear
        -Fixed issue where linked area on an object was not deleted after destroyed
    Removals:
        -Temporary (possible permanent) removal of some suspending functions that may have caused long mission load times

Random aside: Seems like BI is coming around and supplying some vanilla gear and stuff here soon! Maybe I'll be useless after Contact is released :down:.

The cbrn gear in the new dlc will be cosmetic only there won't be any functionality to the gear at all

1 minute ago, Reid236 said:

The cbrn gear in the new dlc will be cosmetic only there won't be any functionality to the gear at all

Well, sure the gear won't have much to do aside from being there. But I read about a detector of sorts (like reading EM fields or something) too. I'm just joking anyhow :tounge2:. But it will certainly be nice to have some vanilla options for everyone on that front.

Will you be adding functionality to the new gear so we can use it with your mod?

1 minute ago, Reid236 said:

Will you be adding functionality to the new gear so we can use it with your mod?

Well, if you've used my mod, you should know that the functionality is already there (at least for the masks/uniforms/etc). Just add the classnames! Now, I may add some "auto include" options to the gear/mask modules to make it easier, less hunting for classnames. I will surely have to take into consideration the new backpacks, but I will avoid making any specific plans until the DLC is released. But of course one could speculate the possibility of air tank capacity and use over time effects with supplemental refill handling.....but one could only speculate :teeth:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Uploaded to GitHub, OP updated. So I can be publicly shamed for terrible coding practices :rthumb:. Any contributions are welcome (still trying to figure out all the GitHub stuff too). However, I do have limits on the scope of this mod because I would prefer to not compete with Ravage or other similar addons.

fN4KHs5.png

• Like 2