Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

Finnish defence forces

Wow absolutely fantastic!!! GREATE job on the model and textures smile.gif

Hope it gets released soon tounge.gif

Well it's bit of a hard to fit, becouse if you try to put it there as it should be, hands come trought the magazine wink.gif

well it is really not that bad - suomi smg is usually fired with other hand on the barrel (covered with metal sheet) itself.

Hands wont go through drum mag when you align it so.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well it is really not that bad - suomi smg is usually fired with other hand on the barrel (covered with metal sheet) itself.<span id='postcolor'>

That sounds pretty weird - normally a barrel tends to get very hot when shooting, as I am sure you know. Maybe I'll have to search the web and find out how the protection for the hand is implemented.

I was browsing milnet.fi earlier today, and decided to check out the "fun" section. There were some games where you had to recognize different tactical markers. Those would make a really nice, small and possibly easily implemented addon. I guess they would look pretty cool in briefings too smile.gif

Just to see this mod grow is one of a kind thing to see.

Bloody marvelous job on the F18 jus!

PS.

Is the ITKK finished, i saw only the pics with the tripod un-textured.

"George" has joined the band of finnish-speaking brothers.

...and we can now confirm that the modification will feature a Finnish single-player campaign smile.gif

Haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been asked before, but will you peeps include the CV9030 you bought off us rather recently? Would be cool seeing the CV9040 vs the CV9030, plus it's one helluva IFV. We've got a finished model that just needs skinning.

Anyway, keep up the very very good work lads. Wish there were more swedish mods making such progress. :/

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Dec. 31 2002,12:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...and we can now confirm that the modification will feature a Finnish single-player campaign  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If you need any help with that campaign, making missions or anything, I'm ready to help you. I'm very experienced sp mission/campaign maker smile.gif.

Btw. What kind of campaign will it be?

Yes this looks absolutely brilliant! biggrin.gif I can't wait to get these... tounge.gif You're doing a fabulous job guys! smile.gif

Hawk

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (shar @ Dec. 31 2002,13wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been asked before, but will you peeps include the CV9030 you bought off us rather recently?<span id='postcolor'>

I don´t think it has been mentioned...aren´t the CV9030s supposed to be in Jaeger brigades? I saw a picture of one in an FDF leaflet, but only remembered it just now.

I´m seeing nothing but praise for this IFV, except it´s very expensive.

Edit: And could you please make a website!?

It doesn´t have to be anything fancy, but it´s pretty cumbersome to log on to the forum, go to the addons forum, find the Finnish thread and go to the last page all the time.

Or maybe I´m just lazy tounge.gif

Also, the website would give us a nice overall view of how the mod is progressing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don´t think it has been mentioned...aren´t the CV9030s supposed to be in Jaeger brigades? I saw a picture of one in an FDF leaflet, but only remembered it just now.<span id='postcolor'>

I think FDF bought 57 CV9030FIN (the correct designation), which will be deployed in the rapid deployment brigade of the eastern military district.

57 vehicles isn't that much, in this article, General-Lieutnant Kylä-Harakka admits that only one jaeger battalion and brigade's reconnaissance elements will be equipped with the CV9030.

Here is a link to an interesting article about CV9030 in comparison to BMP-3. Too bad it's only in Finnish, but it is definitely worth checking out.

Gah, I would really like to read that article. Silly Finnish makes no sense. tounge.gif

Would be nice to see how the two compared tho...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (shar @ Jan. 01 2003,14:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Gah, I would really like to read that article. Silly Finnish makes no sense. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why you...let´s get him, boys!

Cam0flage, you hold him down! biggrin.gifwink.gif

Great article BTW, explains a lot.

I think buying the CV90 was a political decision

*cough*NATO*cough* confused.gif

It's clear that FDF has had a trend of getting more and more western equipment lately. Hornets, Leopards, ASRAD-R, Spike, CV9030 ... did I forget something? smile.gif

We would be glad to receive your CV90 model if you have it ready, would make good addition to current arsenal smile.gif

CV90 vs BMP-3 article sums it up by saying:

'We find no obvious answer to the question why Finland decided to buy CV90 vehicles which are undeniably high quality but are very expensive.'

Main arguments against CV90 were high price tag, lack of missile armament, large size and weight, inablity to swim.

Main defects of BMP-3 were unergonomic crew compartments, weak but light aluminium armor, weak power transmission, lack of modern night-vision devices.

They state that with the price of one CV90 vehicle you could buy 3 BMP-3 vehicles.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Jan. 01 2003,21:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lack of modern night-vision devices.<span id='postcolor'>

Upgradable.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Jan. 01 2003,21:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We would be glad to receive your CV90 model if you have it ready, would make good addition to current arsenal smile.gif

CV90 vs BMP-3 article sums it up by saying:

'We find no obvious answer to the question why Finland decided to buy CV90 vehicles which are undeniably high quality but are very expensive.'

Main arguments against CV90 were high price tag, lack of missile armament, large size and weight, inablity to swim.

Main defects of BMP-3 were unergonomic crew compartments, weak but light aluminium armor, weak power transmission, lack of modern night-vision devices.

They state that with the price of one CV90 vehicle you could buy 3 BMP-3 vehicles.<span id='postcolor'>

Our latest models of the CV9040 can carry the BILL2 antitank missile, not sure how it would work on the CV9030 tho.

And i've never talked about "donating" anything. Just a simple exchange of services. I'll answer your PM later this evening, now i'm off for a game with the SFP pack. tounge.gif