Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

Finnish defence forces

Blake,

Something helpful I discovered the other day is that when using the wss converter, you can just drag the sound (wav or wss) onto the program icon and it will convert it for you, no command lines needed.

wow.gif

You can reload the KES like LAW.

I know that it cannot be done in real life, but this is the only way to solve this.

And Blake knows more about that reloading, he can try to make that.

And I'm not shure about snowcamos, Jazmon is working on them, but they are in good shape already.

Maybe we can get you something new for christmas.

I'm not sure can reload animations be altered - will have to check that out someday.

Good note wright - helps making sound cues a lot (darn didn't realize that). Using custom radio messages requires that the mod will be separate from basic OFP and launched as a dedicated mod with -mod=modname command since voices are hard-coded to config.cpp. Good thing with this that everything is configurable: menus, interface, finnish names, radio profiles etc. I created a custom radio voice called 'Tuomas' which can be selected from the list.

Problem with this is that all resistance forces will then speak finnish.

But first the weapons and stuff, then some radio comms if our voice actors will keep their promise smile.gif

Hey, how about releasing some teaser for cristhmas?

Like one or two addons + some mission, would be fun xmas.gif

About the sounds blake, damn good job with em´

Keep it up!

I don't think that every addon should bring missions with it. Think about SEB Nam Pack 2, I think it proves that a quality addon can stand out on its own and does not need any missions to support it -- the end users will provide masses with quality missions very quickly.

Well, I am most certainly not against a little teaser for Christmas biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think that every addon should bring missions with it. <span id='postcolor'>

I agree with cam0flage.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, how about releasing some teaser for cristhmas?

Like one or two addons + some mission, would be fun  

<span id='postcolor'>

We will NOT release ANY units or vehicles or anything before whole pack. Only betatesters will get something. But let's see if we could get you some screens or maybe even video? And websites would be cool if we could get nice outfit. Let's see how things are going.

If we get some more people working on voices and multiplayer missions (I might do some of them) and a single-player campaign this may well turn out to be much more than just addons...

Anyway snow camo fatigues and additional weapons need to be made before the release is considered, in my opinion. Would be much better since it's winter now which brings lots of chilling memories...

Some news:

Radio voice 'Ted' speaks now finnish smile.gif Over 250 radio voice cues have been converted to Finnish language. More will follow as our voice actors get their hands on the job.

Jus is making us a great hornet, and here is few pics of it:

tex24.jpg

tex22.jpg

Hope you like it biggrin.gif

it looks like it would be better in Lo-Mac then ofp.. in other words.. looks good as hell. Find that sad you will wait until whole package is down..

No, the model is under 3000 polys without complex cockpit and it should work fine, becouse I've seen some weapons that has over 4000 polys??

Great smile.gif It looks fantastic. Will it have features like a canopy which can be opened? Some incoming missile alerts and such would be great for the cockpit.

Jesus, that hornet looks amazing! But it still looks like it has about 9999999 polys. Are you sure it was 3000 and not 30000? The finnish ensigns could be a bit brighter and bigger on the wings, then it's perfect. smile.gif

Keep up the good work!

That model IS too good to be true, units in OFP can´t have self-shadowing, and that thing looks like it needs a

Geforce 10 Megaplatinum to render it wink.gif

But the hornet will be as beautiful as it can be in OFP. An opening canopy would be nice.

smile.gif

Merry Xmas! xmas.gif

Heh it really does have 3000 polys, but the rendering system makes it look so smooth. So ingame it won't be as good as in those screens becouse you don't have good shadows in OFP.

And those textures are incomplete, and Jus is working with them so I think we can get some ingame screens soon. Maybe this year.

What else are you planning to do besides Pystykorva and Suomi SMG? Any plans for Lahti-Saloranta LMG or Emma?

That Pystykorva looks very good!

Merry Christmas to all FDF enthusiasts! xmas.gif

What? Are you also doing finnish ww2 stuff? Will you do also some ww2 suits and vehicles or are these going to be only bonus weapons? Not whining, but wouldn't it be better to do the modern pack first?

Merry Christmas everybody! xmas.gif

Original idea behind this mod is to include stuff from 1985-present day period and Pystykorvas & Suomi KPs were essential part of Finnish war reserve weaponry until the early 90s when Chinese AK47s were bought in their thousands.

These old weapons will not be used by regular M91 camo Jaegers, maybe we will put them to some civilians/resistance as part of the POSSIBLE single player campaign plot.

In the end, I just like old weapons smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Dec. 24 2002,14:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the end, I just like old weapons smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Heh heh tounge.gif

Well, they would make a good start for a WWII mod... xmas.gif

But you just finish this beautiful pack first. wink.gif

Another good idea would be to make some local defense units wearing M62 and having Suomi SMGs as weapons. Of course, it would more and more work smile.gif

Are there any good sites in the net for Finnish ORBATs? Please post links if you know any good ones.

Hello brother-in-arms!  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Dec. 24 2002,17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Another good idea would be to make some local defense units wearing M62 and having Suomi SMGs as weapons.<span id='postcolor'>

Absolutely!

There's something titled "Vanha maastopuku" in TODO list. Could that be M62 or something even older...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Dec. 24 2002,17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are there any good sites in the net for Finnish ORBATs? Please post links if you know any good ones.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not exactly sure what's ORBAT. Order of Battle, I guess. But... I'm not sure what does that mean.

Anyway. Here's something I've in my bookmarks at OFP-folder. You've probably seen these before.

Finnish Company Level Organisation in the 1950's

Finnish Company Level Organisation in the 1960's

Finnish Company Level Organisation in the 1970's

Finnish Company Level Organisation in the 1980's

Finnish Company Level Organisation in the 1990's

Happy holidays!  xmas.gif

(edit: tyop mastha on teh roda agin)

OK, Hornet is now ingame, but with wrong cpp's and memory points so when you drag wheels in, they are in the middle of the plane biggrin.gif

Here is the screen:

hornetti.jpg

But you have to remember that this is Work In Progress pic.