Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

Finnish defence forces

Any chance of Special jaegers?

or are you going to focus on the basics first?

c2.jpgwow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any chance of Special jaegers?

<span id='postcolor'>

Special jaegars will be included.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any chance of Special jaegers?

<span id='postcolor'>

Good field-artillery is hard to make for OFP, becouse it's not hard-coded to it, and you can't do everything in config.cpp's.

But we'll think about it, but probl. there won't be any artillery.

A good addon for this pack would also be the finnish Sisu-truck? I think that one is a pure must as it's the main transport vehicle.

And what comes to the finnish chat sounds, I suggest that you make a mod of this thing. Then the west side could work as the finns and so on. But this solution could be a bit harder one, I don't know.

Btw, that screenshot of the pasi looks really realistic! Is it made amphibious for the game and how much does it suppose to carry people?

what i would like to see is a new "world".. with true baltic sea archipelago feeling.. lots of nice small islands that finnish and swedish "marines" can goto and fight agianst russia wink.gif

also one thing that i would love is the "SISU" vehicle, sorry don't know the name.. with AMOS on top of it.. and then perhaps if someone makes a CV90 the AMOS can be transfered... (okey i admit i mostly want swedish stuff)

ohh and last thing, good work with the uniforms, they look exactly as ugly as in the real world wink.gif

A new world with lots of inland lakes and ponds would be very nice. (good reason to use amphibious vehicles).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Btw, that screenshot of the pasi looks really realistic! Is it made amphibious for the game and how much does it suppose to carry people? <span id='postcolor'>

I don't remember clearly. but I think it was 12+1+1 (driver+gunner)

And I did all Pasi's textures again, and now they match to reality. But I still have to work with them, chancing brightness and colors and that kind of stuff.

So I guess that you can have some new screens soon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A good addon for this pack would also be the finnish Sisu-truck? I think that one is a pure must as it's the main transport vehicle.

<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm... We've not thought about that with Blake, but let's see if we can get good pictures and If I can manage to do a good model.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ohh and last thing, good work with the uniforms, they look exactly as ugly as in the real world<span id='postcolor'>

Heh they don't look ugly for now, wait when we do all the shit to cover them so they look like used ones biggrin.gif

And about those snowcamos, yesterday I hexed one demo model, so that I could get my texturepaths to the model, and then I could change the model to make some changes to the model (lapaset,karvalakki, tetsaus and huppu)

Now we only need textures...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't remember clearly. but I think it was 12+1+1 (driver+gunner)<span id='postcolor'>

There are 1 (driver) + 1 (leader) + 1 (gunner standing) + 1 extra seat in the cockpit (or actually it's in the "corridor" leading to the back compartment), located behind the leader's seat. If looked from behind, there are 5 seats on the left in the back compartment, and 7 on the right side.

Yeah Blake knows more about the Pasi.

Please, if you have some things to say, or you have an idea of some weapon, vehicle etc. please join #finmod irc-channel at the Qnet. And there are every(almost) day me, alias MikkoV_FinP, or Blake, alias alik_Blake (If I remember right  tounge.gif )

And here is information for finnish people:

------------------------------------------------------------

Eli jos sinulla on tietoa aseista, kalustosta tai ehdotuksia, tule ihmessä irssiin #finmod @ Qnet. Ja taitavia tekstuurien tekijöitä sekä muita voidaan tarvittaessa ottaa mukaan auttamaan.

------------------------------------------------------------

Right now, I'm working with two weapons, pasi, NSV ItKK, unit textures and soldier models, so I've got lot's of things to do.

And Blake has every cpp on his list, pistol, textures and other stuff + both of us have normal job/school so don't hurry with this  biggrin.gif

Good job with the winter outfits, really is! biggrin.gif

Any pic´s on those?

and hey, more stuff to the soldiers, like backpacks and ammo pouches?

I agree TkKivi,

It would be cool to have a model with full field equipment smile.gif I mean the whole deal - flak vest, belt with equipment pouches, backpack, sleeping bag.

Also, another good feature would be a signals soldier carrying LV 217. By the way, what is LV 217 called in the US army? I know its US made.

I need to join that irc channel later tonight ...

Oh, one more idea.

Add the 66 KES 88 Kevyt kertasinko too which is one of the standard infantry weapons in the finnish army. There is also 66 KES 75 but I think it's an older variation. This could work in the same way as the LAW in ofp, in fact it even looks almost like it smile.gif.

I found a picture of it on this page. There is also some other AT launchers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Nothing @ Nov. 11 2002,17:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh, one more idea.

Add the 66 KES 88 Kevyt kertasinko too which is one of the standard infantry weapons in the finnish army. There is also 66 KES 75 but I think it's an older variation. This could work in the same way as the LAW in ofp, in fact it even looks almost like it smile.gif.

I found a picture of it on this page. There is also some other AT launchers.<span id='postcolor'>

Heh we already have 66 KES 88 (thanks to Kyllikki's)

with real config and real sight using LAW's model.

Heh what did I say, this project is not so quick.... we'll do things first, not just talk about them  biggrin.gif

And I wan't to remember you that I've got a job(at least for this week wink.gif) , and blake got a job....

But as soon as I can get home, I'll turn on the f****** computer that is only 750 Mhz athlon, 256 mt ram and superior GF4 cheapmodel mad.gif

.... and I will fight with soldiers textures...

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Nothing @ Nov. 11 2002,18wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Add the 66 KES 88 Kevyt kertasinko too which is one of the standard infantry weapons in the finnish army. There is also 66 KES 75 but I think it's an older variation. This could work in the same way as the LAW in ofp, in fact it even looks almost like it smile.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

66 KES 75 is included with quite realistic sights, but im affraid 66 KES 88 is kind of difficult to do since it has adjustable rear sights and '75 has transparent plastic sight in which aiming guides drawn in red. In OFP sights can't be adjusted so it would be impossible to hit with KES 88 since after 100 meters or so the target would be below the center line of the sights, therefore obscured by the sights themselves. And

KES trajectories and velocity are verymuch different than standard OFP LAW (it shoots virtually straight up to 300 meters!wink.gif.

Anyway, penetratior for 66 KES 88 and 75 are virtually the same (ca. 300mm of flat steel).

Oh, and the Pasi will be modified to include corridor behind right front seat connecting passenger and driving compartment. It will probably have space for 1-2 men to sit in.

The current Pasi (slightly modified from standard) has 6 passengers sitting each side of rear compartment + 2 men sitting in between, on on cardboard box and the second on pile of chopped wood. So Pasi takes 14+1+2=17 men altogether at the moment. Consider it a 'wartime-squeeze' wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Nov. 12 2002,10:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">People are anxious to get some quality Finnish addons wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Heh yes, but that's why I'm doing this too, I really want good Finnish units and things in one big pbo.... but we ended up making most of the things becouse they weren't done or they were crappy.

NASU 140 BT Telakuorma-auto could be a really nice vehicle for the pack too smile.gif. Here's some pics and info of it:

nasu1.jpg

nasu2.jpg

INFO:

(Didn't bother to translate this into english, sorry tounge.gif)

pituus 7,7 m

leveys 1,9 m

korkeus 2,4 m

omapaino 5200 kg

kuljetuskyky 2000 kg tai 17 miestä varusteineen

vedettävän laitteen suurin paino 2500 kg

suurin nopeus 55 km/h

uintinopeus 4 km/h

mäennousukyky max 45°

sivukallistus max 35°

moottori V8 diesel,116 kW/155 hv

polttoainesäiliö 2801

polttoaineen kulutus noin 1 Vkm

4-vaihteinen automaattivaihteisto

lujitemuovikuori

kumitelat, telojen leveys 62 cm

varustettavissa ilmatorjuntakonekiväärillä

valmistettu Suomessa

I don't think OFP engine allows making a two-part tracked truck like Nasu ... not sure though.

Any pictures of the tanks?

would be nice if you would add a MG on the t72, as a eye candy perhaps biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Nothing @ Nov. 12 2002,21:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">NASU 140 BT Telakuorma-auto could be a really nice vehicle for the pack too smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

We will not do the NASU.

It would be unusable in ofp scene, becouse you really don't need that kind of things while you have the Pasi, wich has much better armor and can carry almost same amount of people.

I think that Nasu is only for carrying stuff, not mens....

And about that t-72, we will not place any MG on top of it, firstly, in real life you don't have them, secondly, it would be funny sight there and pretty unuseful.

Well the nasu´s purpose is to carry man and equipment and it can go to places where pasi can´t. Just to let you know.