Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

Finnish defence forces

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Nov. 13 2002,08wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well the nasu´s purpose is to carry man and equipment and it can go to places where pasi can´t. Just to let you know.<span id='postcolor'>

Well I know that, but in OFP, there is not really snowy landscape, wnogojev is only textured and defined in config.cpp that it slows down.

But you really can't use the Nasu's advantage in snow or big slopes or other difficult situations in OFP. It would be as fast in snow or in other islands. So I don't see a point for making that vehicle to ofp.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And about that t-72, we will not place any MG on top of it, firstly, in real life you don't have them, secondly, it would be funny sight there and pretty unuseful.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually the Finnish T-72s have a NSVT mounted on the top of the cupola next to the commander's hatch so that he can engage air targets.

But I think Mikko has a good point why it should not be made, because it couldn't be used in OFP: As far as I know there cannot be two gunner proxies in one vehicle.

NSVT will be 'simulated' on tanks by placing it alongside 7.62mm PKT coaxial machinegun. There's no other way to include it on tanks since only one gunner position is supported in vehicles.

Yes that's right, but it wouldn't bee nice looking either.

And I'm not shure if we even had a demo-model of t-72.

And Isn't it true that the ItKK is bit of a hiding so that you can't see it a lot from there?

I really don't know that, but at least they aren't visible in every picture.

We had the T-72 model in the demo, but no problem with the MG, it is your pack biggrin.gif

Have you guys found any good pics of the KvKK?

Nasu WOULD be a useful vehicle in ofp in different ways like relating it to the mission objectives, or just for decorating adding some atmosphere and so on. And it also brings some detail to the addon pack. I really suggest you think of making that.

And here's a new idea: finnish bmp-2 and bmp-1. In fact I didn't know that finland has these too before. This shouldn't be too hard to make as you just need to re-texture the original bmp.

BMP-2(7).jpg

Finnish BMP-2

We have those bmp:s retextured already.

And about that nasu, I don't know if you really can do that, but ExtracTioN said that you can.

So hmm...

I will think about it, but everything else are more important than it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TkKivi @ Nov. 13 2002,15wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We had the T-72 model in the demo, but no problem with the MG, it is your pack  <!--emo&biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

T-72 model in the demo is different than in the game, just look at the gun barrel for example it's very blocky in demo. Adding NSVT there just for eye candy wouldn't be good idea I think.

Demo model might be edited in the future so that main annoyances are stripped off, like reactive armor boxes in the front turret and two extra fuel tanks in the rear, both of which are not used by the FDF.

Just look at the woods in the BMP picture that King Nothing posted, is there a more beatiful place than a Finnish forest? No. (i think so)

*Dreaming* Would be awesome to have that kind of terrain to OFP *Dreaming*  biggrin.gif

What about AA?

something like IGLA

or Sergei?

Sergei

I found the place from mil.fi where is introduced almost all of the finnish military stuff.  Take a look.

There I found the Hawk which was made for ofp too by Kegetys and if you take a look on the picture found from that web page you can see that the Kege-version plane has yellow-brown camo on his plane when the plane in the picture has the standard green-dark green camo. This tiny mistake could be corrected if Kegetys gives permission, eh?

sivu113.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TkKivi @ Nov. 13 2002,20:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is there a more beatiful place than a Finnish forest?<span id='postcolor'>

Absolutely not. wink.gif

I think ItO86 Igla could be modeled by tweaking the OFP Strela a bit, the Strela-2 and Strela-3 launchers look pretty much the same. Strela 3 has just better capabilites.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Nothing @ Nov. 13 2002,21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I found the place from mil.fi where is introduced almost all of the finnish military stuff.  Take a look.

There I found the Hawk which was made for ofp too by Kegetys and if you take a look on the picture found from that web page you can see that the Kege-version plane has yellow-brown camo on his plane when the plane in the picture has the standard green-dark green camo. This tiny mistake could be corrected if Kegetys gives permission, eh?

<span id='postcolor'>

We already know the URL which you gave, and we have taken almost all our information to guns and vehicles from there.

And we know few other good places from www.mil.fi to find pictures.

And let's see what we will do to hawk.

And about those finnish landscapes. hm... I don't remember, was it at june or july when I tried to make on, but it crashed to poor island editing software and that I hadn't got o2.

And that project was doomed becouse I had only Jazmon to help me  confused.gif

And Jazmon is here to help us again, I gave him some textures of m91-maastopuku and let's see what he can do.

I would like to point out that while waiting for this mod there are already Finnish units out. Ucee made some nice units back in the days, but you can also find very nice models made by Ivan from this website.

I've found them very nice, and I think they are really more than worth checking out smile.gif

Well, MikkoV's kvkk 62 is getting along nicely and has been implemented in the game. Still sights left to do and some more details to be added. It will have same 'sluggish' movement feature familiar from Kegetys' Russian Weapons Pack RPK-47 & 74 so it will not be so easy to bring bear to enemy as more handy RK 95. But it will be more accurate than default OFP machine guns and at 1000 rounds/minute it's quite terrifying squad automatic weapon.

However, too bad it isn't possible to include random belt feeding malfunctions in OFP wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">However, too bad it isn't possible to include random belt feeding malfunctions in OFP<span id='postcolor'>

That would be essential for KvKK biggrin.gif And not that random ... biggrin.gif

To someone who asked about finnish text/sound replacement:

Its under construction, text part will be released (very) soon, stay tuned wink.gif

Seal

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Nov. 18 2002,11:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there a website for this mod??<span id='postcolor'>

Not yet...

I've done few experimental layouts for pages. But still nothing good enough to publish. biggrin.gif

Very impressive! Looks really nice and familiar wink.gif Hmm, I don't remember anymore, did KvKK eject the shell casings from the left side of the weapon or how?

KvKK ejects shells cases from the bottom, right below the slide - so does KvKK Beta. In fact most part of weapon's underside is open which sucks in dust and debris likely to cause jams in extreme conditions. It's also dangerous finger-cutting trap for unaware trooper as the slide moves back and forth in the open slot!

KvKK is still quite accurate and has high rate of fire (ca 1000 rounds/minute) but there are plans to replace entire stock of kvkk:s with more reliable and powerful PKM machine gun.

Maybe KvKK 62 was allowed to stay so long in service because it fires same 7.62x39 cartridge as the RK's and is domestically produced weapon altough the manufacture has ceased.

Two shots of Beta 9mm M80 Pistol (FN Browning Double-Action)

m80_pistol.jpg

m80_pistol2.jpg