Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

Finnish defence forces

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DigitalCenturion @ Jan. 22 2003,14:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Really nice work! But are anyone of you considering switching from the Bis T72 model to Sigma's T72M1 model. I would say it's pretty superior, and more realistic.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it would be great but I thin they are still at beta state?

Wow! Great work. A single-player campaign on a custom-made island with Finnish forces! I can hardly wait! biggrin.gif The sad thing is that I'll probably need a new computer to run it smoothly. tounge.gif

Btw, shouldn't the ?mounting? of that ITKK be dark green, not yellow? Or have you seen yellow ones? Here is a small picture.

edit:

Oh yeah, and where's that support rod that sticks out from the butt of that weapon?

Nice work on that Sotilaskoti vehicle too. Does it have a shutter and do they sell doughnuts and coffee? One mission could be about rescuing an enemy surrounded Sotku van. It would have a strategic priority. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (tykäri @ Jan. 22 2003,17:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice work on that Sotilaskoti vehicle too. Does it have a shutter and do they sell doughnuts and coffee?<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, I only retextured it wink.gif

I was checking out the units & organization file in the screenshot directory, and one thing seemed a little suspicious: Will the FDF L2A4 have a PKT? I thought the L2A4 has 2 Rheinmetall MG3s.

That is still speculative - but knowing FDF they will install PKTs to simplify ammunition supply. I'd be surprised if we'd have MG3s firing 7.62 NATO in Finland even though it's only being used for Leopards. But we will see.

A reservist-2ndLt who served in the armoured brigade in Parola told me that the Leo:s would be fitted with a coaxial PKT and a cupola-mounted NSV ...the G3 would be a bit optimistic anti-aircraft weapon.

Then NSV will be put there also...

Btw, help is needed in the following thing:

Wartime squad composition for Special Jaegers and Long-Range Recon Jaegers of Utti Jaeger Regiment with equipment and weapon loads.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Btw, help is needed in the following thing:

Wartime squad composition for Special Jaegers and Long-Range Recon Jaegers of Utti Jaeger Regiment with equipment and weapon loads.<span id='postcolor'>

Three of my friends served in LJK, I can ask them this weekend.

What kind of features will the Hornet have? I see a raised canopy, but is there going to be anything else? Some kind of missile alarm would be nice.

Yep, study the DKM mod´s RAH-66 Comanche helicopter, it has a missile warning system, advanced HUD and some other stuff that don´t matter for fixed-wing planes.

The G8 mod´s Tornado 1.1 has and automatic flare system that actually works! But what am I supposed to do with an Italian fighter plane? wink.gif

This bird looks simply amazing! How many polys does it have? I see the Sidewinders are hard-modeled to the aircraft model ...good idea! You can define them as L strela and R strela and make them kinda like "tube-launched" weapons. This way we could have multiple weapons loadout, altho it would seen that the wingtip stations are always loaded, even after firing.

I was playing football with a guy who serves in the Utti Jaeger Regiment earlier today (how interesting), but he told me that a Special Jaeger squad has 8 soldiers with following equipment:

1 x NCO w/ RK 95

5 x Jaegers w/ RK 95

1 x Jaeger w/ PKM

1 x Jaeger w/ SVD Dragunov

Hopefully this will be helpful! Cheers.

Thx Camo smile.gif

btw. You could also fight with Kyllikki occasionally instead of football....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">btw. You could also fight with Kyllikki occasionally instead of football....<span id='postcolor'>

I wish I had the time, the university is more time-consuming than I thought ... sad.gif

Now we are not making anything really. Blake is somewhere in Europe I think. I've got a lot's of else things to do and when I've got free time I'm so lazy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MikkoFin @ Feb. 01 2003,18:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now we are not making anything really. Blake is somewhere in Europe I think. I've got a lot's of else things to do and when I've got free time I'm so lazy.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm.. in a fact you're modeling 55 S 55 (rpg-look-a-like) and page layout is ready. That's huge progress wink.gif

And as far as I know Blake already came back from his euro tour biggrin.gif

Damn you Ivan you could have told me you got post around using the nick of Edge biggrin.gif Looking great!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ Feb. 14 2003,21:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*bump*

updates please.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm just writing feature pages for website. Pages should be ready for final tyop check in few days.

And some words on progress of this "mod" (is this addon, addon pack or mod?). 7,62 RK 62 - a bit older assault rifle - is almost ready, needs just some fine tuning on textures. 55 S 55 - old light RCL - is also almost there.

"Whiiiii!" smile.gif