Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

Finnish defence forces

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Jan. 24 2003,05wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Btw, help is needed in the following thing:

Wartime squad composition for Special Jaegers and Long-Range Recon Jaegers of Utti Jaeger Regiment with equipment and weapon loads.<span id='postcolor'>

I met an old friend of mine by accident today who served in the Utti Jaeger Regiment as a recon jaeger. He told me that there is no fixed squad size, it is always changed according to the type of mission. During summertime the usual size was 6 men, 5 with RK 95 and 1 with SVD Dragunov. In the winter they had even a patrol of 16 men.

I guess a lot of "artistic freedom" could be used in the composition of these squads in OFP. 6 men sounds pretty good.

Good work again, cam0flage smile.gif

The S.J. unit composition correlates with my research on Sissi teams, in which there is 1 NCO, 1 medic, 3 soldiers (Rk-95) and 1 soldier with Dragunov... I think this scheme is quite playable and realistic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Edge @ Feb. 18 2003,09:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good work again, cam0flage smile.gif

The S.J. unit composition correlates with my research on Sissi teams, in which there is 1 NCO, 1 medic, 3 soldiers (Rk-95) and 1 soldier with Dragunov... I think this scheme is quite playable and realistic.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks smile.gif

I assume you mean Long Range Recon Jaegers though? I already posted the real composition of the Special Jaegers here earlier, there were a total of 8 soldiers in a such team.

But I agree, the Sissi team composition would be good for _Recon_ Jaegers too smile.gif

Your impressive screenshots have left me speechless. From the Kawasaki motorcycle to Leopard 2A4 and F-18, the quality of work that has been put into this mod is incredible! I had to register here and give you all a big thanks for making the dream of many Finnish OFP players come true. smile.gif

I only have two questions, both of them concerning our brilliant special forces units:

Special jaegers - Are you going to equip them also with submachine guns such as HK MP5 and/or FN P90? I read from a preview of Suomen Sotilas magazine (a free online sample of this entire magazine can be found at www.suomensotilas.fi), that guys at Utti tested the latter weapon, but found it clumsy to use. However, in a video clip they showed to us in our "kutsunta", there were special jaegers jumping out from Mi-8 armed with P90s. A little weird if you ask me, but MP5s would do more than fine.

Combat divers - How about our "Navy SEALs"? wink.gif Since you are going to use Suursaari, this special unit would make a lot of sense in this setting. Of course this is not the most important thing on "Things to do" list.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Special jaegers - Are you going to equip them also with submachine guns such as HK MP5 and/or FN P90? I read from a preview of Suomen Sotilas magazine (a free online sample of this entire magazine can be found at www.suomensotilas.fi), that guys at Utti tested the latter weapon, but found it clumsy to use. However, in a video clip they showed to us in our "kutsunta", there were special jaegers jumping out from Mi-8 armed with P90s. A little weird if you ask me, but MP5s would do more than fine.<span id='postcolor'>

As you can read from the units and organization file located here, the SJ will be equipped with a variety of weapons, including RK 95, MP5A3 and a Remington 870 shotgun. As far as I know, P90 is not going to be in the mod.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Combat divers - How about our "Navy SEALs"? Since you are going to use Suursaari, this special unit would make a lot of sense in this setting. Of course this is not the most important thing on "Things to do" list.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think these will be included, until someone figures out a good way to have combat divers in OFP. If I remember, this one guy called Walker was developing some kind of breathing system, but I don't know the status of it. I'm afraid it would be very difficult to simulate combat divers, the OFP water being what it is in the current version of the game. Maybe in the future then?

cam0flage: Sorry for my nonsense - I actually meant Recon Jaegers.

The combat divers would make great addon, if somebody makes OFP engine let soldiers swim. But IMO the missions in which you would have to swim 500 meters even slower than BMP would be quite boring.

Maybe somebody could attempt to make appropriate "evil frogman" model with which man could start his mission on the seashore...

Hmm.. maybe the maximum allowed weapons load for the HAWK should be checked... 6x250kg bombs seems a bit heavy for a HAWK.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 19 2003,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/hawk.htm

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hawk T1

One 30mm Aden cannon pack and

up to 5,600lb (2,540kg) of underwing stores (rockets, bombs and missiles)<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

That might be the TOTAL stores capacity, but when divided by 4 (the number of hardpoints)? of course the inner underwing stations may carry more than the outer ones. What about the centerline stations. What we need here is a maximum allowed load PER HARDPOINT, before we make any conclusions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ Feb. 20 2003,01:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 19 2003,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/hawk.htm

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hawk T1

One 30mm Aden cannon pack and

up to 5,600lb (2,540kg) of underwing stores (rockets, bombs and missiles)<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

That might be the TOTAL stores capacity, but when divided by 4 (the number of hardpoints)? of course the inner underwing stations may carry more than the outer ones. What about the centerline stations. What we need here is a maximum allowed load PER HARDPOINT, before we make any conclusions.<span id='postcolor'>

Argh, I couldn't think about that. I'm not that interested in aviation. Good point. Does anyone have any facts?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ Feb. 19 2003,23:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That might be the TOTAL stores capacity, but when divided by 4 (the number of hardpoints)? of course the inner underwing stations may carry more than the outer ones. What about the centerline stations. What we need here is a maximum allowed load PER HARDPOINT, before we make any conclusions.<span id='postcolor'>

The Aden (pod??) weighs 87 kilograms according to this site. The Aden has firing rate of 20 rnd/sec (1200rnd/min). I faintly remember hearing that the pod would weigh 200kg.

I also found this site which says the following about the BAe Hawk:

Armament: Normal maximum external ordnance 1,500 lb (680 kg), Absolute maximum external ordnance 6,800 lb (3084 kg) on three hard points. Loads may comprise single 30-mm gun pod under the fuselage, and two AIM-9L Sidewinder air-to-air missiles or light bombs or [Export versions only] two underwing drop tanks of up to 190 Imp gal (228 US gal, 864 litres)

EDIT: Found this  tounge.gif

Oh yeah, and by the way, I've finished the MT-LBv

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SmartDrv[Kyllikki] @ Feb. 19 2003,16:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just wanted to say that pages and forum are ready - should be open for public in few days.<span id='postcolor'>

Ahem, please don't open fire in my direction, but is this: Luu5.org the page you are referring to? I also found another Finland related Flashpoint site: OFP Team Finlanders. Do you guys have anything to do with these sites? Sorry for my impatience. tounge.gif

edit: found this one too (and of course I know about the Kyllikki site).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (tykäri @ Feb. 23 2003,14:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ahem, please don't open fire in my direction, but is this: Luu5.org the page you are referring to? I also found another Finland related Flashpoint site: OFP Team Finlanders. Do you guys have anything to do with these sites? Sorry for my impatience. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, we have nothing to do with those sites. Our site is ready but can't be opened for public yet. I really hope that we can open our site for public soon!

I hope that this thread doesn't die after the FDFMOD pages/forum is opened. I've certainly enjoyed posting here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 23 2003,15:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope that this thread doesn't die after the FDFMOD pages/forum is opened. I've certainly enjoyed posting here.<span id='postcolor'>

This whole thread should be moved to "Addons/Mods Complete" section in March biggrin.gif

I have enjoyed posting here too. BTW this thread is one of the biggest here (I dont count Military Stupidity at Offtopic wink.gif )

I don't know why you're talking about the Hawk so much..It's a trainer, and it's secondary role is air defence with limited light ground attack role.Instead of pondering and wondering about weapon loadouts for a trainer aircraft, why don't you just reskin the F/A-18 in FAF colours and maybe add a few weapons to it's loadout...Simple no? confused.gifwink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Feb. 25 2003,17:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know why you're talking about the Hawk so much..It's a trainer, and it's secondary role is air defence with limited light  ground attack role.Instead of pondering and wondering about weapon loadouts for a trainer aircraft, why don't you just reskin the F/A-18 in FAF colours and maybe add a few weapons to it's loadout...Simple no?  confused.gif  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Realistic? I guess not.

One of our goals was and still is to make FDFMOD as realistic as possible. Without reducing the joy of nice and easy gameplay.

Another thing I like is the variety of equipment.

New stuff for elite troops - A bit older weapons for reserves and local def. detachments wink.gif

Oh and by the way, pages will be opened later today. URL will be available in this same thread at time of opening.

Edit: learning to type

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Feb. 25 2003,16:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know why you're talking about the Hawk so much..It's a trainer, and it's secondary role is air defence with limited light  ground attack role.Instead of pondering and wondering about weapon loadouts for a trainer aircraft, why don't you just reskin the F/A-18 in FAF colours and maybe add a few weapons to it's loadout...Simple no?  confused.gif  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What do you mean by reskinning Hornet?

We already have hornet by Jus, and it is his own model, not any copy. And I've got some problems with Hornet, but let's see if we can get it work.

The discussion around the Hawk was kept only because we had limited information on the aircraft's specs concerning it's weapon loadouts and armament. Doing some research gives you this information about the F/A-18 so there was no point discussing it here.

And as mentioned here earlier, we have our own Hornet model and it should be ready momentarily.