Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

Finnish defence forces

Blake, the Sako loooks awesome, the Finnish troops now get rifle they deserve!!! wink.gif

BTW I started working on older version of Finnish smocks. Today I have a plan to finish winter textures for infantry and Sissi units. smile.gif

Hmm... Jazmon is working with winter-textures already and they look really nice and you can have some screens after he finishes his work.

MikkoFin: Sure, show us some winter stuff pictures!!! BTW I have just sent some people first pics of the snow troops (Blake being one of them:)) Unfortunately my website is down now, so I havent got a chance to place the pics here... sad.gif

Another question: when may we expect some more addons? Are you planning the big PBO or rather separated addons? (I would preffer them to be separated...)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Edge @ Nov. 28 2002,07:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are you planning the big PBO or rather separated addons? (I would preffer them to be separated...)<span id='postcolor'>

Agree. One big (or maybe huge in this case) PBO might be easier to handle but a major pain-in-ass to download...

I think separate addon files is better, at least in the beginning. It makes updating the stuff much easier for users as they will not have to download one huge pack all over again because of some minor modification in one weapon etc.

I´ll download the pack no matter how big it is, but it would be best to split it into smaller addons in the beginning. A day after I downloaded Winter Nogojev with my 56k, version 1.1 came out. Right...

But how large would the pack be? 100 MB? More? Less?

What about the Mi-8. How are you plannin to do it since it doesnt open up with oxygen? Are you makin a totally new model or what?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What about the Mi-8. How are you plannin to do it since it doesnt open up with oxygen? Are you makin a totally new model or what?<span id='postcolor'>

If i remember correctly theres a mi-8 textured in finnish colours,think it was UCEs handwriting....

pisado.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If i remember correctly theres a mi-8 textured in finnish colours,think it was UCEs handwriting....<span id='postcolor'>

That's true, and it's indeed a rather nice piece of equipment like all of UceE's work, but it has the rocket racks in both sides of the fuselage, and that's something the FAF Mi-8:s do not have.

The UceE's chopper is just retextured Mi-17 and its not the same as Mi-8.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (EgWal @ Dec. 02 2002,14:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The UceE's chopper is just retextured Mi-17 and its not the same as Mi-8.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually its closer to being a Mi8 than a Mi17... the only visual differences between Mi8 and Mi17 are that the engine intake holes are different, and the tail rotor is on the other side. In the BIS Mi17 the tail rotor is on the wrong side, which makes it like Mi8 tounge.gif

You probably all know this, but the Mi-8 will be rendered obsolete in a few years, when Finland purchases brand new NH90 transport helicopters. An Mi-8 might be easier to make, but take that NH90 into consideration...

Hi, Any juicy fresh news about this addon? smile.gif

Hehehee, it doesn't. But we can try to make homepages so you can get something.

We have been doing only that wintersuit, not anything else for now. And all that stuff, 122mm Howtizer(D-30) has model almost ready but no textures at all, KrH has the same and both are difficult to aim too.

Mikkofin: I just wonder what is your concept of KES - something like reloadable tube or some more real stuff? Will there be any gameplay differences from LAW?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Edge @ Dec. 18 2002,15:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mikkofin: I just wonder what is your concept of KES - something like reloadable tube or some more real stuff? Will there be any gameplay differences from LAW?<span id='postcolor'>

That's a good point. Will it fire only once like the ofp Carl Gustaf launcher?

Also will you make at least new textures to it, so it wouldn't look totally identical to the LAW? Only a request...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Nothing @ Dec. 18 2002,14:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's a good point. Will it fire only once like the ofp Carl Gustaf launcher?<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, the Carl Gustav launcher in OFP can also be reloaded, if a second projectile is found from an ammo crate for example.

However the 'reload' of the LAW launcher takes about the same time as taking a new, unused LAW launcher from your back. Could the animation be replaced by the one that is used when the launcher is put on the back when switching to rifle?  confused.gif

Good idea Unabomber!

How is the progress on the Merry Santa´s old friends, and by that i mean the winter outfitted Jaegers xmas.gif