9 hours ago, WAR326 said:

Unfortunately after one of updates - author JSRS disable this mod from list supported.

because of this?)

to sad. For me NIArms sound - kind of suck )

On 8/13/2020 at 12:19 PM, mickeymen said:

Yesterday I accidentally installed the NIArms (All Weapons in One) weapon mod and when I compared the sound of primary hand weapon of NIArms and JSRS firing I was extremely surprised.

It cannot be used together as any other weapon that does not belong to NIArms will sound worse and quieter.

I've been a JSRS fan for a long time and have always been convinced that JSRS is loud mod compared to vanilla, but compared to NIArms, but when compared it turned out it sounds like kindergarten!

I ask all users to compare these two mods and feel what I'm talking about.

After NIArms mod, the shooting from the first person in JSRS -- sounds quiet, dim and muddy, there is no loud shooting at all!  Oh my god yes I said it! 

It seems to me that only sonic crack sounds loud and most of all interests the author of JSRS.

Sound cracks sound even louder than the all first person shots themselves! 

The JSRS sound of the fire with suppressors is the same muddy, plastic, not natural - it does not correspond to the sound of the suppressor at all. 

For comparison,  everybody can listen to the sounds of suppressors in NIArms, it sounds natural by sound and its volume level.

The JSRS sounds of pistols sound as if they were taken from a children's cartoon.

It's a real shame...I don't know what happened to the author of this mod. Unfortunately JSRS doesn't make me happy anymore, rather annoying.

I would really like @LordJarhead to study the sound of NIArms and make his sound similar to this.

Dude, I am grateful to you for all this years of your work and I don't want to hate you, but I think now you need a major overhaul, just listen to some friendly advice.

Please study the all sounds from NIArms mod (how it works, what level of difficulty, the every sound itself ) and try to do something like this minimum.

And at the maximal, I believe that you can do better because you are a fan of what you do.

PS:  I also saw the JSRS for NIArms mod. When I opened it, sure I've heard that it messed up NiArms(

More adequate - for a given period of time need to make a sound mod from I NiArms for JSRS, but not vice versa.

Heya jarhead, I've recently noticed that the vanilla offroad with the .50 sounds amazing, but it's also the only .50 to sound like that. No other .50 in game has those sounds. Why is that? I personally think it's a shame as it's the best .50 sound I've heard in Arma so far.

Hi everyone,

It's been some time since I got to work on JSRS. I see all of your problems, and I know that there is so much that needs fixing. I'm just thinking about stripping JSRS down to the basics of guns and explosion sounds to get rid of the issues and start from the ground up. As it is, JSRS is a cluster fuck of files and configurations that would take days for me to understand and fix the problems you are facing. So I might start with a new beta version to finalize JSRS, work out the issues with you guys, and make it ready for its very last release.

LJ

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Strange, but for example RHS compat settings split into main mod and alone RHS compat files. So we have rhs t90 sound in main JSRS mod and ak74 settings in JSRS AFRF compat mod. Maybe it needed like this cause game engine and config. 

It would be great to see  standalone RHs mod in the future. For example I never use vanilla content since RHs  

@sammael The thing is that all sound files are combined in the main JSRS mod, and all compat files for RHS or other mods are purely configuration files; hence the compat mods are just tiny in size. In the compat files, I only define what soundset weapons or vehicles should use; the JSRS main mod contains all soundsets and shaders in its configuration file to keep things combined and not scattered. This way, you can have only one big configuration with all settings and parameters and don't need to do this for every compat mod. Because every soundset needs settings like Filters, processors, and attenuation or volume curves, and you'd have to make these every time if they weren't combined in one file that all compat configs rely on. I hope that makes sense 😄

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 8:55 AM, LordJarhead said:

Hi everyone,

It's been some time since I got to work on JSRS. I see all of your problems, and I know that there is so much that needs fixing. I'm just thinking about stripping JSRS down to the basics of guns and explosion sounds to get rid of the issues and start from the ground up. As it is, JSRS is a cluster fuck of files and configurations that would take days for me to understand and fix the problems you are facing. So I might start with a new beta version to finalize JSRS, work out the issues with you guys, and make it ready for its very last release.

LJ

Just one request, please keep the same file names 'JSRS_Soundmod_Configuration.pbo' & 'JSRS_Soundmod_Soundfiles.pbo' so I can use my Old Man saves with the new version.

Thanks!