Jump to content
ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

Recommended Posts

Brilliant, thanks. Two more newbie questions: what are pre- and post-mix volumes (is pre-mix direct chat and post-mix radio chat?) and are these set for each client, or does the server set them for everyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I understand, pre-mix is the initial volume of users voice ACRE takes and before it gets mixed with radio beeps and noise/interference, post-mix is overall volume of all that after it's been mixed. Eg. if user voice is too quiet compared to those sound effects, you increase pre-mix, if both are too quiet, you increase post-mix.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. Would this (especially the former) also affect direct chat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

I have a question about the PRC117F : Is it has speaker like the 152 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a few members in our group claiming that their ACRE plugin is crashing mid session. I'm trying to gather more information from them, but they are being stubborn and I can't yet rule out it just being difficulty in adjusting to ACRE (we just switched from TFAR). I've noticed pipe errors in the RPT when it crashes on mission load (a known issue that is already on your Github tracker), but not seen anything when these mid-session crashes apparently occur. If the ACRE plugin crashes mid-session should it be logging some kind of error to the RPT file? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, fourjays said:

We have a few members in our group claiming that their ACRE plugin is crashing mid session. I'm trying to gather more information from them, but they are being stubborn and I can't yet rule out it just being difficulty in adjusting to ACRE (we just switched from TFAR). I've noticed pipe errors in the RPT when it crashes on mission load (a known issue that is already on your Github tracker), but not seen anything when these mid-session crashes apparently occur. If the ACRE plugin crashes mid-session should it be logging some kind of error to the RPT file? Thanks

Pipe error simply means game and TeamSpeak disconnect, if Arma crashes that will happen because TeamSpeak will no longer get messages from the game.

It is hard to say what would be logged or not, but RPT and acre_dll.log (found in "Arma 3/logs" folder) are the first step.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, flatbear said:

will this work with 64bit arma soon?

 

There are 64bit libraries already. So not soon but now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It worked with 64-bit since 2.4.0 was released. :)

Unknown if it works very reliably yet though, time will tell. If you encounter any issues, head over to our GitHub Issue Tracker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question: Does the latest ACRE build have support for setting thumb buttons on mice as keybinds? The version we use does not recognize thumb button presses, yet ARMA does fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, almanzo said:

Quick question: Does the latest ACRE build have support for setting thumb buttons on mice as keybinds? The version we use does not recognize thumb button presses, yet ARMA does fine. 

It does, as long as TS recognizes it.

I use thumb button for direct speech without any issue at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he means radio PTT. Not sure if CBA Keybinds does support #4 and #5 mouse button's.

Wysłane z mojego XT1068 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, almanzo said:

Quick question: Does the latest ACRE build have support for setting thumb buttons on mice as keybinds? The version we use does not recognize thumb button presses, yet ARMA does fine. 

 

Keybindings is not something ACRE touches. I think it would be better if you approach CBA for this matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, magnetar said:

 

Keybindings is not something ACRE touches. I think it would be better if you approach CBA for this matter.

 

2 hours ago, GieNkoV said:

I think he means radio PTT. Not sure if CBA Keybinds does support #4 and #5 mouse button's.

Wysłane z mojego XT1068 przy użyciu Tapatalka
 


Thanks to both of you, I was not aware that the binding of custom keys was a feature of CBA, I must adress them then. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, almanzo said:

Thanks to both of you, I was not aware that the binding of custom keys was a feature of CBA, I must adress them then. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :D

There is also no point in addressing CBA, there is no way for a mod to register non-keyboard and other peripheral device buttons (including mouse 4 and 5). Once BI exposes that it will be possible, until then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ACRE2 Release 2.4.1

This update mainly focuses on bug fixing, general improvements, code clean-up and optimisations, as well as translations.

 

A direct speech bug, which became even more apparent with 64-bit version of Arma 3, has been fixed and loading into a mission should now be hassle-free without randomly making your character deaf!

 

Additionally, 117F and 152 radio menus are now compiled only once instead of twice during mission start and the antenna direction calculation will no longer rotate with hyper-rotational-speed. An optimisation was also implemented in reference to vanilla event handlers, they should no longer force the game to do time consuming stringy stuff.

 

ACE3 radio self-interaction will now hide itself if it has nothing useful to show, and the order of left, centre and right spatial configurations will no longer drive on the wrong side of the road.

 

Those using the acre_api_fnc_setCustomSignalFunc API to change how the signal gets calculated will now be able to reset it to default in scheduled environment as well. API documentation received some updates, if you were looking for something in the past, there is a good change it's there to be found now.

 

Complete Changelog and Download

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent work ACRE team.

 

While the TFAR crew are no where to be found and leaving the community to patch and fix its outdated mod, you guys continue to tirelessly work and bug fix your sensational mod.

 

So we are all very thankful and continue to patiently wait for vehicle racks and other additions from your Github.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rekkless said:

 

While the TFAR crew are no where to be found and leaving the community to patch and fix its outdated mod, you guys continue to tirelessly work and bug fix your sensational mod.

 

So we are all very thankful and continue to patiently wait for vehicle racks and other additions from your Github.

1

So True

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, hg2012trigger said:

Still no vehicle radio :icon_cry:

 

This is just a hotfix.

 

7 hours ago, rekkless said:

Excellent work ACRE team.

 

While the TFAR crew are no where to be found and leaving the community to patch and fix its outdated mod, you guys continue to tirelessly work and bug fix your sensational mod.

 

So we are all very thankful and continue to patiently wait for vehicle racks and other additions from your Github.

 

I must say here that they are focusing on releasing version 1.0. Dedmen is actively developing it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, rekkless said:

Excellent work ACRE team.

 

While the TFAR crew are no where to be found and leaving the community to patch and fix its outdated mod, you guys continue to tirelessly work and bug fix your sensational mod.

 

So we are all very thankful and continue to patiently wait for vehicle racks and other additions from your Github.

 

Sorry but aren't both TFAR and ACRE now in the open source realm??? Anyway if you have something to say just say it. Don't beat around the bush for no reason. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nichols said:

 

Sorry but aren't both TFAR and ACRE now in the open source realm??? Anyway if you have something to say just say it. Don't beat around the bush for no reason. 

 

I think he's implying he prefers ACREs updates to TFAR, and there isn't anything wrong with that. I personally prefer the ACRE mod in general as well. This thread isn't about TFAR anyway, no need to bother him.

 

Unrelated, does the new teamspeak update affect ACRE at all? Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, miketim said:

I think he's implying he prefers ACREs updates to TFAR, and there isn't anything wrong with that. I personally prefer the ACRE mod in general as well. This thread isn't about TFAR anyway, no need to bother him.

 

Unrelated, does the new teamspeak update affect ACRE at all? Thank you.

 

So far we have not received any complaints...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy.

 

We tried TFAR and ACRE2 a month or so ago when deciding which radio system to start using.  We really wanted to use ACRE2 after testing, but one issue really bothered 2 of our guys: The sharp "pop" at the end of the transmission.  Just the last split second of it. 

 

We've been using TFAR because of that, but tried this update of ACRE2 in tonight's mission. (3.5 hours)   No complaints during the mission, but during wrap-up afterwards I asked how our modset seemed in general, and that issue was the only thing that came up.

 

Is there a way to customize that, or as a last resort, disable it?  It sounded like they want to go back to TFAR because it bothers them enough to make the advantages of ACRE2 a wash for them.  I want to keep ACRE2,  What can I do?

 

Thanks for the great mod!

-Doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×