Jump to content
ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

Recommended Posts

edit your sqm.

remove all entries in the addons class.

change the number of mods listed. Then reorder the IDs of the mods classes.

 

Im sure that will be done quickly. Its not like you use 20 or 30 different mods right?......right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ACRE2 Release 2.4.0

The 2.4.0 release largely focuses on fixing bugs and adding support for TeamSpeak 3.1 and Arma 3's upcoming 64-bit support.

 

Teamspeak 3.1 Support

ACRE2's TeamSpeak plugins have been updated to support TeamSpeak 3.1. They are not backwards compatible so updating to TeamSpeak 3.1 to use this version of ACRE2 is a must. The plugin auto-updater included with the Steam releases of ACRE2 is now included in all releases and has been updated to support the new plugin paths in TeamSpeak 3.1. One of the benefits of the TeamSpeak update is that the default plugin installation is now in application data so it can be copied to without requiring administrator privileges.

 

64-bit Extensions

ACRE2's now comes with 64-bit extensions making ACRE2 ready for the upcoming Arma 3 64-bit update.

 

Further CBA Setting Support

In the last release we introduced functionality with CBA Settings into ACRE2 for some client-side systems. In this release we have added several 'difficulty' settings which were previously changed by calling API functions.

 

bXkDCXs.jpg

CBA settings

 

Localisation

This release also has translations for the CBA Settings, ACE3 Interaction texts and key bind texts. To date we have translations for Spanish, German, Japanese, Czech, Italian and French languages.

 

CJNYWla.jpg

Czech localisation

 

Complete changelog

Please see the changelog at - github

 

Download v2.4.0.941 from github

 

As always please report bugs on our github tracker. If you would like to discuss ACRE feel free to join our public slack (link is on our github page).

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the new release, will try it out on Thursday on our groups' next game :)

 

Question regarding the new client side options tho. I'm assuming that module based mission settings override what the client does in the options in red?

Or is it just a mirror of the server settings so that a client can see what settings are in use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bamse said:

Thanks for the new release, will try it out on Thursday on our groups' next game :)

 

Question regarding the new client side options tho. I'm assuming that module based mission settings override what the client does in the options in red?

Or is it just a mirror of the server settings so that a client can see what settings are in use?

 

At the moment they take preference for old missions. Although difficulty modules have been deprecated (not fully removed) and thus they cannot be found in the editor. API functions take precedence as well over CBA_settings until removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no new client-side settings, they are all server- or mission-side (you are the server when playing locally hosted or singleplayer). The things in red means they are overwritten by server/mission settings indeed.

 

As @magnetar said difficulty moduels have been deprecated, so have API functions. They will both be removed in 2 versions (API functions in 3 actually, because apparently I couldn't count when I wrote it). Currently API functions will block further CBA settings when set and a warning+deprecation note will be logged to RPT. That assures backwards compatibility for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shifty.FR said:

DIfficulty Settings no more in modules tab ?

 

d9e5376c58.jpg

 

No, you can access cba settings (and thus difficulty settings) in the 3Deditor (Ctrl-Alt-S) and force difficulty settings per mission or leave them server side. You can find more information on CBA settings on the CBA wiki.

 

However, difficulty settings module has not been entirely removed, it is only hidden in order to maintain backwards compatibility. As @jonpas said, modules will be removed in 2 versions (v2.6)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to clarify the situation with the CBA settings for servers because our group is switching to ACRE soon.

 

I understand that the settings can be set client side, and that 3DEN mission settings can override the server settings. Are the server settings exported via CBA and then put in userconfig/cba/settings.sqf or is it going to be ACRE specific? And is there any way to prevent a mission from overriding the server settings?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fourjays said:

Just want to clarify the situation with the CBA settings for servers because our group is switching to ACRE soon.

 

I understand that the settings can be set client side, and that 3DEN mission settings can override the server settings. Are the server settings exported via CBA and then put in userconfig/cba/settings.sqf or is it going to be ACRE specific? And is there any way to prevent a mission from overriding the server settings?

 

Thanks

No, there is nothing ACRE specific at all. If you are already using CBA settings for some other mod, it works exactly the same. You can simply save it to the server profile (the save button), export it for userconfig (with autoload pbo) or pack it into a PBO if you so wish.

 

If a mission calls an API function directly that will make the setting that API function sets be blocked via CBA settings. It was the best way to keep backwards compatibility for those functions, but you cannot prevent those from overriding the server settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to clarify - ACRE will now work when running 64 bit on RC branch etc?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warning: ACRE2 Version 2.4.0.942 (13-Feb) appears to be incompatible with TeamSpeak 3.1.1 (10-Feb).

So if you want to use the latest ACRE2, do not upgrade your TS 3.1.0.1 to 3.1.1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, domokun said:

Warning: ACRE2 Version 2.4.0.942 (13-Feb) appears to be incompatible with TeamSpeak 3.1.1 (10-Feb).

So if you want to use the latest ACRE2, do not upgrade your TS 3.1.0.1 to 3.1.1.


Can you confirm this in any way?  As I currently have users playing on my server, with 3.1.1 in addition to 3.1.0.1, I am a bit surprised to hear that it is not working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impulse 9 said:


Can you confirm this in any way?  As I currently have users playing on my server, with 3.1.1 in addition to 3.1.0.1, I am a bit surprised to hear that it is not working.

Plugin doesent work with  3.1.1 , do we get a hotfix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bravo93 said:

Just to clarify - ACRE will now work when running 64 bit on RC branch etc?

 

It should! I will say that we haven't done any large scale testing ourselves yet.

 

12 hours ago, domokun said:

Warning: ACRE2 Version 2.4.0.942 (13-Feb) appears to be incompatible with TeamSpeak 3.1.1 (10-Feb).

So if you want to use the latest ACRE2, do not upgrade your TS 3.1.0.1 to 3.1.1.

 

ACRE2 v2.4.0 is compatible with Teamspeak 3.1.1

 

4 hours ago, shlomogruenbaum said:

Plugin doesent work with  3.1.1 , do we get a hotfix?

 

ACRE2 v2.4.0 is compatible with Teamspeak  3.1.1. ACRE2 will attempt to auto-copy on game launch - Trying starting the game and restarting teamspeak after the game has launched. If you still have issue you are probably experiencing a bug it would be good to report that either on our github or just us on our slack with as much information as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys

 

Just thought I'd send through a helpful little installer for the Teamspeak dlls. If you're part of a group that has a number of lets say "computerly challenged" members who are incapable of copying two dlls to their plugin folder in their TS directory a member of my unit has made a handy little teamspeak installer. Simply run the installer and it will automatically install the DLLs where they are required. No copy and paste required.

 

ACRE team, feel free to add it to your mod, it is my gift to the community as thanks for making such a great mod.

 

https://mega.nz/#!EkcXjAjC!nKp9r-HKqNhd2jToXK0udWESRLn3enNkYCzDKQmDuss

 

 

Also neither myself nor my group are having troubles with 3.1.1 and the current build of ACRE.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rekkless said:

Hi guys

 

Just thought I'd send through a helpful little installer for the Teamspeak dlls. If you're part of a group that has a number of lets say "computerly challenged" members who are incapable of copying two dlls to their plugin folder in their TS directory a member of my unit has made a handy little teamspeak installer. Simply run the installer and it will automatically install the DLLs where they are required. No copy and paste required.

 

ACRE team, feel free to add it to your mod, it is my gift to the community as thanks for making such a great mod.

 

https://mega.nz/#!EkcXjAjC!nKp9r-HKqNhd2jToXK0udWESRLn3enNkYCzDKQmDuss

 

 

Also neither myself nor my group are having troubles with 3.1.1 and the current build of ACRE.

 

Firstly it is always nice to have more options and thanks for sharing. But I do feel it is important to point out that as of the new version (v2.4.0) the plugin installation is now part of the game boot process when the ACRE mod is loaded so this shouldn't be necessary. If there are bug/issues with that process it would be handy for us to know about them (i.e. github ticket/message us on slack).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, snippers said:

 

Firstly it is always nice to have more options and thanks for sharing. But I do feel it is important to point out that as of the new version (v2.4.0) the plugin installation is now part of the game boot process when the ACRE mod is loaded so this shouldn't be necessary. If there are bug/issues with that process it would be handy for us to know about them (i.e. github ticket/message us on slack).

 

 

Oh wow it does to!! I just deleted my DLLs and ran the game and it worked on boot. That is an Amazing feature well-done ACRE team.

Still no ACRE room people get transferred to in TS when the game starts but this is a great version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an issue with ACRE in game, when I program the 117F to RX: 060.00000 & TX: 060.00500.

When I try and transmit nobody receives it.

Image

 

Not sure if i programmed it wrong since im new to ACRE.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Again, a bit of a brain fart there, the issues is that I transfer out on freq:  060.00500 but my receive is  060.00000.  therefore nobody can hear me.

Solved by changing RX to 060.00500

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rekkless said:

For mission makers how do we go about forcing certain difficulty settings?

 

Open in the 3Deditor the CBA settings (Ctrl-Alt-S). In there go to the Mission tab and force those settings that you specifically want. You can find more information on CBA settings on the CBA wiki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×