acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

great addon. keep up the great job of delivering advanced arma gameplay experience. :D

Am i correct in assuming that you can't use the ACE settings framework to disable modules that would otherwise need to have their PBOs deleted (i.e. realistic names, protection, etc)?

I looked at the wiki page for it, but it seemed like it was just for the in game settings and modules.

Thanks I have just deleted other modules without reconfigurating in editor. Perhaps I don't get something, but when I press F7 in Editor (as it is described in manual) I see nothing like 'Config Export'. I tried it couple of times, saw nothing about any config, although clicked and pressed all buttons which I saw, after that I just deleted unnecessary modules. It seems like AB works fine now and problem which I saw at full ACE package do not appear. Thanks for suggestion.

My fault sorry, my english is bad and my post not very clear :

- first step : settings framework with the full ACE to enable AB only

- second step : the small package for AB only

It's a sort of "minimum requirement" to play decently with AB only, but you can add what you want after (tripod, vector, etc or keep the full @ace)

Just check the dependency for each addon as MikeMatrix said (and your serverconfig.hpp if necessary) :

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/

ACE mod is very flexible, the banana guys have made a super job.

I have issue with ACE on my server. It kicks players if they have different version of the ACE. Is it possible to disable somehow this version check feature?

Is it me or ACE tracers looks too dim at night? Have checked youtube videos and tracers there looks much brighter at night time.

We are currently playing with Advanced Medical System and while we really like it, we have run into strange problem: our medic rarely can revive anyone despite careful examination of wiki article.

Suppose I got shot with AKM. Squad medic can't find pulse but blood pressure is normal. He bandages me and transfuses blood while another squad member gives me CPR, still no pulse at all. After 15 minutes of CPR medic tried to administer morphine out of desperation but still no luck. In other cases we have tried epinephrine, no effect either. Is it an intended behaviour? What are we supposed to do in that situation? :)

BTW, is there any difference between blood, plasma and saline in current version?

I have exactly the same problem.

The player is unconscious but not wounded anymore, and has no pain.

But I am not able to fix the pulse. I have also tried epi / morphine and CPR, but still no pulse.

I also tried to activate revive, but no difference.

It looks like CPR has no function or has bugs,

My fault sorry, my english is bad and my post not very clear :

- first step : settings framework with the full ACE to enable AB only

- second step : the small package for AB only

It's a sort of "minimum requirement" to play decently with AB only, but you can add what you want after (tripod, vector, etc or keep the full @ace)

Just check the dependency for each addon as MikeMatrix said (and your serverconfig.hpp if necessary) :

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/

ACE mod is very flexible, the banana guys have made a super job.

Your English is fine, but it is unclear how to set ACE framework. In manual which you have shown to me previously I could not find any sort of ACE framework settings to export/import. I start game choose editor, opened Stratis/Altis (both have ACE3 mark) then I pressed F7 it showed that in 'modules' mod, after that I was not able to find any sort of config.

I browsed ACE folder and saw userconfig \@ace\optionals\userconfig\ace\serverconfig.hpp . There is an example like

// Example:

class ACE_common_forceAllSettings {

value = 0;

typeName = "BOOL";

};

I don't know format which describes which modules should be activated/deactivated, should I write something like

class ace_ai {

value = 0;

}

Or is there any way to specify only necessary modules to load?

Use the hints provided in part 3.1 "Getting all the settings" here: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings.html

I've seen it, I don't see any sort of 'Config export' not in Single Player not in Editor. I see only ACE options button and there is copy to clipboard debug info. That debug info contains some sort of ------ACE Settings------ but it seems not what I need. I don't know language structure of this framework. That hint does not explain much about how to do something, only options configuration which is useless for a person who sees that at first time.

Place "Config export" module first. It's under modules -> ACE.

Cheers

Wysłane z mojego Moto G 2014 przy użyciu Tapatalka

@soulis6

Indeed you are right.

@masaker

No, you would need to modify main pbo and repack it,for more information see cba versionning.

@Semiconductor

Transfusions restore the blood volume but can and will make your blood pressure rise, which can be dangerous, even lethal

For more information check the wiki it was updated recently.

I've seen it, I don't see any sort of 'Config export' not in Single Player not in Editor. I see only ACE options button and there is copy to clipboard debug info. That debug info contains some sort of ------ACE Settings------ but it seems not what I need. I don't know language structure of this framework. That hint does not explain much about how to do something, only options configuration which is useless for a person who sees that at first time.

There's a literal step-by-step explanation at the page I posted, which explains farely well how to place the necessary modules and retrieve all the ace settings - that's the way to go and I couldn't explain it any easier for you. Reading is something that you'll have to do yourself.

If you are indeed not at all familiar with setting up a description.ext, you shouldn't use the settings, but rather resort to the modules.

@Semiconductor

Transfusions restore the blood volume but can and will make your blood pressure rise, which can be dangerous, even lethal

For more information check the wiki it was updated recently.

Five of us are checking wiki article for two days straight and yet we can't revive anybody. :( I have a wounded rifleman right now, he was slightly injured by Stinger backblast. His pulse is 79, his blood pressure is 125/83, he has 1 Minor Bruise on his head and right leg. He is not responsive  and has no pain. CPR isn't helping. After 10 minutes we decided to try to inject morphine, epinephrine, epinephrine, morphine and then transfuse blood — no luck.

What should we do? Is this how AMS should work?

Can you post your settings a RPT and / or a repro mission ?

That would be very helpful to pinpoint what cause that issue :)

I have issue with ACE on my server. It kicks players if they have different version of the ACE. Is it possible to disable somehow this version check feature?

Why in the name of Christ would you want this behaviour changed? Having differing versions across different players is going to cause you a lot more issues and problems than a few people getting kicked for not having the "right" version...

There's a literal step-by-step explanation at the page I posted, which explains farely well how to place the necessary modules and retrieve all the ace settings - that's the way to go and I couldn't explain it any easier for you. Reading is something that you'll have to do yourself.

If you are indeed not at all familiar with setting up a description.ext, you shouldn't use the settings, but rather resort to the modules.

OMG, I read it many times. I see no any sort of export anywhere I try to find it

T0GVqqDNbFhV9DlTkTrCvoNnkBRACDa9qs7oO0Q-

2WD_cFm8R19MifqayvRCczcW64XIcwyFKDjjhRCV

r0KuoQCvfMlHfUboVIFJRQk00rNyn7tAm3N2EXLQ

Place "Config export" module first. It's under modules -> ACE.

As I understand you talk about http://ace3mod.com/wiki/missionmaker/modules.html#1-2-allow-config-exportthis thing. So I should have ace_Optionmenu.pbo in ACE addons folder, am I correct? I don't have such thing,,,

Excuse me for being such a noob, but it does not look like anything I have seen before, usually people do some sort of simple .ini which are standardized and easy to understand. That code requires experience of Arma's mod writing to understand, and I don't have one. If I delete unnecessary *.pbo launcher will download it again on next start, so it is not a solution. Do you have any default config file with all default setting which you could give and I have changed it according to my needs?

Why in the name of Christ would you want this behaviour changed? Having differing versions across different players is going to cause you a lot more issues and problems than a few people getting kicked for not having the "right" version...

Amen Jackal.  Sort it out masaker. 

I have issue with finalizing this addon using "make.py" python script. When I try to execute it console windows just appears for a moment and then dissapears without any error or log. What can I do to repait it and compile mod finally?

All tools are installed, PATH Var is set up for Python and Mikero's tools. P Drive is set up properly.

Thanks for the help Alganthe.

Does anyone feel like the values of damage and armor tweaked by ACE are a little too brutal? I'm not sure which module is causing it (maybe Protection?), but i'm playing around with things, and it looks like a pistol shot to the leg is instantly fatal most of the time, and even with the heavier armor on, one normal pistol shot or rifle round to the chest will be enough to kill. Is this normal?

Thanks for the help Alganthe.

Does anyone feel like the values of damage and armor tweaked by ACE are a little too brutal? I'm not sure which module is causing it (maybe Protection?), but i'm playing around with things, and it looks like a pistol shot to the leg is instantly fatal most of the time, and even with the heavier armor on, one normal pistol shot or rifle round to the chest will be enough to kill. Is this normal?

You are right. It is actually protection module. 

and it looks like a pistol shot to the leg is instantly fatal most of the time,

Painful shock.

and even with the heavier armor on, one normal pistol shot or rifle round to the chest will be enough to kill.

Damage to internal organs.

I think that is normal.

Not normal it's being looked at, in advanced medical it's way less lethal, (the blood loss that the wound inflict on the other hand....)

In case if anyone face problem that I have faced, i.e. you do not see any sort of ACE export settings, so you can't export config, you can just copy necessary modules and libraries to some sort of my_ace, register it in launcher and enjoy. It seems like working fine :-)

Painful shock.

Damage to internal organs.

I think that is normal.

Actually, the basic medical system is currently bugged.