acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

ah awesome dude, cheers yeah I forgot I turned that on. I thought it looked much cooler. Ok I'll turn that off and see how it goes.

Just to confirm as well the surgical kit only stitches up wounds if the advanced wounds system is enabled correct? Otherwise it has no other effect? It doesn't add hit points like the PAK, it doesn't heal or anything it just permanently stitches up wounds?

Change the setting that has to do with  bandaging removing bloodstains. If the stains are on the uniform they will not be able to run without being PAK'd.

This is correct (the setting is a little mislabelled - it should really be something like "heal hitpoints on bandage"). However, please note that there does seem to be a bug in the current release where players are still unable to run after being bandaged.

I know it's probably an afterthought, seeing as this is primarily MP, but what is the progress on enabling AI healing? Everything else works quite nice as a mostly SP person, but baby sitting the AI can get quite tedious haha. As I said, I do realize it's probably an afterthought, but I'm rather curious. Thanks

Hi all. I'm having a problem with ACE3 scopes.

I'm runing only CBA_A3 and ACE3, both mods are up to date (acording to PwS), but I can't mount ACE3 scopes on any Vanilla rifles in editor. I can mount ACE3 flashiders, but nothing else. This is realy weard.

CBA has now integrated Joint Rails, so until ACE 3 updates its attachments to work with Joint Rails, you'll need to use the compatibility PBO. 

Hi all. I'm having a problem with ACE3 scopes.

I'm runing only CBA_A3 and ACE3, both mods are up to date (acording to PwS), but I can't mount ACE3 scopes on any Vanilla rifles in editor. I can mount ACE3 flashiders, but nothing else. This is realy weard.

Load ASDG JR compatibility optional PBO. It should be in @ace/optionals.

• Like 1

I'm currently documenting ACE3's frameworks with the help of @Jonpas.

This should help addon creators in adding ACE3 native support and remove the need for compatibilty pbos in the long run.

• Like 1

Load ASDG JR compatibility optional PBO. It should be in @ace/optionals.

Thanks, that worked. I tought that optionals were for server only.

Hey!

I like the mod a lot! It adds a lot of depth to the core gameplay.

But I have a few requests to the mod:

#1 (rather unimportant) Reintroduce the vehicle maintenance options from AGM. Make us fix wheels, make us fix the engine and refuel. Maybe even the tow rope.

#2 (rather very important) Been playing TacBF recently and there is always one thing that I would LOVE to see on Ace³ that is the way a shot body is behaving. I want to see a ragdoll of a dead player, I don't want to be able to decide if a player is still alive or dead simply by checking how his body is lying (fixed position vs ragdoll). Please check out how it's done in TacBF, since there is also drag, and healing and reviving (on a rather basic level but still). It would also solve the issue that a "dead" player is blocking paths, simply because he is in an animation state. I posted this already on your github threadnought called "suggestions" but I believe it drowned under the massive ideas amount.

• Like 1

Hey!

I like the mod a lot! It adds a lot of depth to the core gameplay.

But I have a few requests to the mod:

#1 (rather unimportant) Reintroduce the vehicle maintenance options from AGM. Make us fix wheels, make us fix the engine and refuel. Maybe even the tow rope.

#2 (rather very important) Been playing TacBF recently and there is always one thing that I would LOVE to see on Ace³ that is the way a shot body is behaving. I want to see a ragdoll of a dead player, I don't want to be able to decide if a player is still alive or dead simply by checking how his body is lying (fixed position vs ragdoll). Please check out how it's done in TacBF, since there is also drag, and healing and reviving (on a rather basic level but still). It would also solve the issue that a "dead" player is blocking paths, simply because he is in an animation state. I posted this already on your github threadnought called "suggestions" but I believe it drowned under the massive ideas amount.

#1 Repair and Cargo will be in 3.3.0. Other logistics features coming in after. :)

#2 Thanks for the information, drag/healing/reviving is all in ACE3 already as long as the unit is not completely dead (and dragging of ragdolls doesn't work as it should IIRC). We will certainly look at it as time permits.

• Like 1

#1 Repair and Cargo will be in 3.3.0. Other logistics features coming in after. :)

#2 Thanks for the information, drag/healing/reviving is all in ACE3 already as long as the unit is not completely dead (and dragging of ragdolls doesn't work as it should IIRC). We will certainly look at it as time permits.

#1 Great ^^

#2 I know the medic system, my clan and me are using the advanced medic system ^^. I was probably unclear, what i mean with the TacBF medic system the dragging itself is not done with a ragdoll, instead it's a very similar animation state like it's in ACE now. But on dropping the wounded person, the body turns into a ragdoll again, all medical actions applied happen on the "ragdoll". If I find the time, I will make a short video today and upload it to show exactly what I mean, as I clearly prefer the way a body is handled in TacBF compared to ACE³ right now ( :( )

I'm really sorry if this has been posted before. We have noticed that since last update 3.2.1 we need to shot almost 8 times to take down AI enemies (soldiers). Sometimes we have to make them like 5 headshots or more to kill them (not kidding). We have tested it with @ACE + @CBA + Vanilla Weapons and also with @ACE, @CBA and RHS weapons. We have placed the RHS optionals pbo's in ace/addon folder too. We are using advanced medical system since the beggining.

Is there anything that could prevent this?

^^^ Wait for BI update in which apparently face/neck and helmet will at long last be seperate hitboxes..

• Like 2

I'm really sorry if this has been posted before. We have noticed that since last update 3.2.1 we need to shot almost 8 times to take down AI enemies (soldiers). Sometimes we have to make them like 5 headshots or more to kill them (not kidding). We have tested it with @ACE + @CBA + Vanilla Weapons and also with @ACE, @CBA and RHS weapons. We have placed the RHS optionals pbo's in ace/addon folder too. We are using advanced medical system since the beggining.

Is there anything that could prevent this?

Hi Alexsegen. We had the same problem but we resolved it by changing the loading sequence of the mods in your config file. I cant remember off the top of my head but I think you need to load RHS and all other unit mods first and then lastly load ACE. Hope this resolves your problems. 

Hi Alexsegen. We had the same problem but we resolved it by changing the loading sequence of the mods in your config file. I cant remember off the top of my head but I think you need to load RHS and all other unit mods first and then lastly load ACE. Hope this resolves your problems. 

Hello, that sounds interesting. Let me check and give my feedback later.

Thanks for your help!

Question ACE devs.

I know that you actually commented on this a ways back but was curious if a fix had been found or problem identified. I know when loading captive NPCs into modded vehicles such as the "MELB Littlebird" the captive stands instead of sitting down. I believe it does this on most modded vehicles. I was curious if this is still considered an issue with ACE3 or if its the mods themselves. Again I apologize as i know this was brought up at one point but I can't seem to locate it and the search for me is doing weird things. 

3.3 is looking amazing btw. so happy vehicle repair and loading is making it in. Or at least on its way. Very nice !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Sorry i think i found it referenced on the GitHub thus answering my question.

Captive ffv animation fix + cleanup #2249

3.3 is looking amazing btw. so happy vehicle repair and loading is making it in. Or at least on its way. Very nice !

Always good to hear!

UPDATE: Sorry i think i found it referenced on the GitHub thus answering my question.

Captive ffv animation fix + cleanup #2249

+1 for looking up the answer yourself!

I have a request;

A guide that describes what each and every pbo does would be great for people like me that wish to customize their ACE installation. AGM had such thing and it was great source of information.

I have a request;

A guide that describes what each and every pbo does would be great for people like me that wish to customize their ACE installation. AGM had such thing and it was great source of information.

Take a look at http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/

It list all the components of ACE3 and what they depend on.

Hi,

I know it is a known issue, but when I want to reload a savegame after restarting the game, I don't have interaction menu. So it is a known issue, but what? Has nothing been done to solve it yet?

I can't find any solution on the internet...

Thank you very much :) !

After todays patch, I no longer have any options on the self-interaction menu. I can see the edges of the screen blur and the mouse pointer appears, but there are no items on-screen. Is this an ace issue?

Guest hellghost

Hi !

First of all, I've always used ACE2, so when I know that ACE3 coming in ArmA III, great news !

Even if ACE2 was not finished, it's always many good things with ACE !

So, I'll just download, install and configure it.

Can I know where the configuration files are located ?

I'd like to keep the configuration, options and keys, in the case I need to format and reinstall.

If you can give me this info, that should be really nice, sorry if it has already been asked.

Thanks a lot for your work, ACE Team !

I mean the body should behave like in this video (with maybe a bit few jumping):

http://youtu.be/epFOf-SpV7g

Things to notice:

#1 The body can be dragged and while beeing dragged it is in the same position as in Ace³ (fixed animation I would guess)

#2 As soon as I release the body, it turns into a ragdoll again

#3 Medical actions can be applied at the ragdoll (see how arms and legs are positioned?) I can walk over the body aswell. There is no indication from distance to see if that body belongs to a unconces player or to a dead one.

#4 After medical treatment is finished (aka revived), player can move as normal.

THIS is what I would like to see in ACE³ instead of that freaking horrible fixed ragdoll stuff it has now. :(

I mean the body should behave like in this video (with maybe a bit few jumping):

http://youtu.be/epFOf-SpV7g

Things to notice:

#1 The body can be dragged and while beeing dragged it is in the same position as in Ace³ (fixed animation I would guess)

#2 As soon as I release the body, it turns into a ragdoll again

#3 Medical actions can be applied at the ragdoll (see how arms and legs are positioned?) I can walk over the body aswell. There is no indication from distance to see if that body belongs to a unconces player or to a dead one.

#4 After medical treatment is finished (aka revived), player can move as normal.

THIS is what I would like to see in ACE³ instead of that freaking horrible fixed ragdoll stuff it has now. :(

That kind of ragdoll manipulation is very intensive, most notably on the network traffic side. Unless a better solution is found (eg. BI provides API for ragdoll) this won't change in ACE3 due to cons outweighing the pros. Rest assured, we don't stop searching for optimal ways.

• Like 1

That kind of ragdoll manipulation is very intensive, most notably on the network traffic side. Unless a better solution is found (eg. BI provides API for ragdoll) this won't change in ACE3 due to cons outweighing the pros. Rest assured, we don't stop searching for optimal ways.

A little bit sad to hear that. But as we speak of network traffic, I actually don't see any bigger lags on the 70 Slot TacBF server, but who knows what power is sitting behind it. Wouldn't it be atleast possible to walk over bodies that are unconces so urban combat would be a bit less painfull?